+ Reply to Thread
Page 40 of 85 FirstFirst ... 30 38 39 40 41 42 50 ... LastLast
    Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

After 120ish hours just finished and that ending... holy shit that's the granddaddy of cliffhangers.

With that said I'll be the bad guy here and say the newer class VII is better than the older class VII. I felt like since the class was smaller they were able to do a better job writing them since outside of the Machais/Jusis and Fei/Laura disputes all of class VII in CS1/2 kind of felt eh to me.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I'm on chapter 4.

I'm split between both of you, but I'm leaning towards finding the new class VII more endearing in some ways.

That said, I'm liking how Class VII has matured and developed (also LOL at Laura's orbmail).

Ash and Kurt have really grown on me.

and Musse, dear god.

BG Level

Musse is a whole new level of thirsty when it comes to Rean.

Also Altina's max bonding event is adorable as fuck.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I mean yeah, them being a smaller group definitely works in their favour. I just think it sucks a little that the team that finally started getting somewhere with their characters' development gets pushed to the sides and we're starting from scratch with another group. Especially since there are so many important characters in the story already and 4 is basically bringing together all protagonists from the three series, gotta wonder how much screen time they'll be able to squeeze in for each of them

All in all, I think my problem is that they lose points due to how and when they got added to the story? Plus Altina... It's always harder to care about a character if you don't see a reason for having her in your battle team. Everyone else is just so much better + I already disliked combat shells as a weapon since Millium, lol

BG Level

Yeah I can kind of see that. I mostly used her as a caster myself. But once I had Ash I used him over her.

Kurt though is insanely OP with the right build. I had his evasion over 100% and a quartz that causes crits during a counter. I was dishing out 13K.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

CS3 is coming to Switch in 2020!

BG Level

Now if only we'd get a PC port.

Preferably from an outside/contract source after how bad Ys 8 went.

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

So I'm getting into Chapter 2 and it just makes me want the Crossbell games localized more...

BG Level

Don't remind me. I'm tempted to get the fan translations in early 2020 to cope

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Corrderio View Post
    Memories of Celceta coming to PS4 in Japan. Crossing my fingers XSEED will get this one
    Heading West in 2020

XSEED Games, the independent-minded publishing brand of Marvelous USA, announced today that the remaster of the action RPG, Ys: Memories of Celceta, will be released in North America for the PlayStation 4 computer entertainment system in Spring 2020. Developed by Nihon Falcom as part of their long-running Ys series and originally released for PlayStation Vita handheld entertainment system, the PS4 system remaster will support 60 FPS with full HD graphics and optimized controls to reproduce the touch screen functions of the “PS Vita” version. The company is also pleased to confirm that the PS4 system version will support dual audio, allowing the game to be played with English voices or the original Japanese, and that this feature will be released as a free patch to the existing PC release in the near future.

The physical day 1 Ys: Memories of Celceta “Timeless Adventurer Edition” will be available for preorder soon for a MSRP of $39.99 at the XSEED Games Store and other participating retailers, and is the only version that will be available at retail at launch. The game will come packaged with a special soundtrack CD that was part of the “Ys 25th Anniversary Pack” in Japan, containing 9 re-arranged songs from Ys I through Ys SEVEN and Ys Origin along with another 5 songs from the original MSX release, as well as twelve 4” x 6” art cards highlighting various heroines from Ys lore. The digital standalone edition will be available at launch on the PlayStation Store for $29.99.

Experience the world of the Japanese cult classic Ys IV and discover the land and characters of Celceta for the first time on the PS4 system in Ys: Memories of Celceta. Explore one of the most expansive locales in the series, complete with a robust and detailed mapping system that includes customizable waypoints to keep adventurers from losing their way as they unearth the many secrets hidden within the wilderness. The established multi-character party system with real-time combat first introduced in Ys SEVEN makes its return in Ys: Memories of Celceta to deliver fast-paced yet strategic action punctuated with meaningful player choice.

About Ys: Memories of Celceta

Knowing nothing but his name, Adol Christin awakens to find himself in the town of Casnan—a bustling frontier village at the edge of an endless sea of trees and untamed wilderness. Bereft of past and purpose, he is left to wander the town until a mysterious information dealer named Duren who claims to know him joins Adol on a sudden mission to rid the local mine of monsters. This unexpected quest reawakens Adol’s instincts as an accomplished swordsman, and their exploits quickly attract the attention of Griselda, a Romun Army general stationed in the town. Impressed with their skills, she enlists the pair to assist in mapping the Great Forest of Celceta – a task which many have attempted but none have ever returned from. Far from the frontier’s edge, Adol and Duren must brave the dangers of Celceta while constantly keeping watch for any clues that may help Adol recover his lost memories. More importantly, Adol must use his best judgment to decide who he can trust and who is using his memory loss in order to deceive him...

Ys: Memories of Celceta is developed by Nihon Falcom and published by XSEED Games for PS4 system in North America. The day 1 “Timeless Adventurer Edition” will be available for preorder for a MSRP of $39.99 shortly at the XSEED Games Store and other participating retailers, while the digital standalone edition will be available at launch on the PlayStation Store for $29.99. Marvelous Europe will be publishing the title in European territories.

BG Level

Fuck it. Double dipping (again).

BG Level

Next Legend of Heroes game to be released in September 2020. Also plans for remastered titles: https://www.onlysp.com/next-the-lege...eptember-2020/

A bit surprised TBH. Seems like we'd at least see some artwork/promo material first wouldn't we?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

We've already seen some character artwork and screens too, though:
    https://gematsu.com/2019/06/falcom-s...revious-titles

BG Level

Welp I feel stupid

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Corrderio View Post
    Next Legend of Heroes game to be released in September 2020. Also plans for remastered titles: https://www.onlysp.com/next-the-lege...eptember-2020/

A bit surprised TBH. Seems like we'd at least see some artwork/promo material first wouldn't we?
    Remaster Crossbell and Localize, thank you.

BG Level

I sometimes think we'll see the metaseries finish before we get Crossbell

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Even if they're going to remaster older series with the new engine, they'd probably do Sky first anyway.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Good good, financial record for Falcom:
    https://www.esterior.net/2019/12/fal...rofits-earned/

BG Level

Zero/Ao coming to PS4 Spring 2020 in Japan

BG Level

Oh and details on the newest title coming Summer 2020 in Japan.

https://www.siliconera.com/the-legen...2020-in-japan/

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag