Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I just beat final boss in Dana last night. Always forget just how fun this series is to play between titles

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

So I'm playing CS1 (haven't played any of the other FALCOM games) and I'm finally able to get into it after about 3 years of false starts. If I don't get 100% of the AP (missed a few points here and there already) or all of the character pages will that hurt me if I load my save into CS2 when the time comes? Can you even do that? I assume you can if it is a direct continuation.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

It affects which accessory you get, but it's not something worth going crazy about.

If you reached Rank A1, you will receive the Silver Emblem accessory, which gives you: HP +500 and EP +50

If you reached Rank A0, you will receive the Golden Emblem accessory, which gives you: HP +1000, EP +100, and STR/DEF/ATS/ADF +10

Other than that you get some items depending on your level and extra dialogues.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Okay, I can live with that. This is a long ass game and I'm too used to having a "skip" option for some of the more tedious dialog so I really wouldn't want to go through it all again through chapter 3. I actually have no idea how much more there is in this game tbh.

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by SathFenrir View Post
    Okay, I can live with that. This is a long ass game and I'm too used to having a "skip" option for some of the more tedious dialog so I really wouldn't want to go through it all again through chapter 3. I actually have no idea how much more there is in this game tbh.
    There are 6 chapters I believe, then a "Final Chapter/Epilogue" that is fairly long as well.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Just finished ToCS 1 last night. Missed the A0 rank by 4 fucking AP because I didn't start using a guide til like half through chapter 2. Kinda livid about that. The game is long as fuck so there is zero chance I ever replay it to get that or platinum it. Not my thing.

It's wild how it only really gets good from chapter 6 through the last chapter. It gets really good, and takes a turn I really wasn't expecting. The payoff is definitely worth it and I am excited for ToCS 2 which I will start tonight. But man, if you have no idea that the game is gonna actually get good, it's like 40-50 hours of "why am I doing this again and again and again and again" with zero chance of getting 430 AP without following a guide or spending like 100+ hours talking to every single NPC in every single town after every single event cutscene because there is a hidden quest that can only be done during the 30 second window between going between 2 buildings in the same town.

I am also not interested in any way in grinding from lv62 to lv90 to get better rewards in ToCS 2. Fuck that.

So I guess if anyone is reading this and feeling like I did, like wtf this game is stupid, it definitely gets better.

Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Just finished ToCS 1 last night. Missed the A0 rank by 4 fucking AP because I didn't start using a guide til like half through chapter 2. Kinda livid about that. The game is long as fuck so there is zero chance I ever replay it to get that or platinum it. Not my thing.

It's wild how it only really gets good from chapter 6 through the last chapter. It gets really good, and takes a turn I really wasn't expecting. The payoff is definitely worth it and I am excited for ToCS 2 which I will start tonight. But man, if you have no idea that the game is gonna actually get good, it's like 40-50 hours of "why am I doing this again and again and again and again" with zero chance of getting 430 AP without following a guide or spending like 100+ hours talking to every single NPC in every single town after every single event cutscene because there is a hidden quest that can only be done during the 30 second window between going between 2 buildings in the same town.

I am also not interested in any way in grinding from lv62 to lv90 to get better rewards in ToCS 2. Fuck that.

So I guess if anyone is reading this and feeling like I did, like wtf this game is stupid, it definitely gets better.
    Yeah, it definitely hits some slog territories where you get tired of the routine. The routine is luckily much different in CS2 and while back in structure in CS3 is much more bearable (but chapters are like 4x longer which is equally sloggy)

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Now that I have some sense that this shit isn't just a worse version of Persona, which I already don't like much, I am much more likely to deal with the slog. It's just ridiculous that they dump the slog on you with no hints whatsoever of the payoff. No wonder there's so many "I'm halfway through ToCS why the fuck am I playing this game" posts around lol

Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Now that I have some sense that this shit isn't just a worse version of Persona, which I already don't like much, I am much more likely to deal with the slog. It's just ridiculous that they dump the slog on you with no hints whatsoever of the payoff. No wonder there's so many "I'm halfway through ToCS why the fuck am I playing this game" posts around lol
    Yeah everything is in the far far background in the first one, it's more in the open in 2/3

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

PC version of Oath in Felghana has English voicing available while Memories of Celceta has dual audio.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Is there as much totally missable shit in ToCS 2 as there is in 1? Or some similar A0 system where you have to do EVERYTHING?

BG Level

More or less. Trails games love to give you a missables if you're gunning for A0.

I know the game does have some NG+ content as well but it's mostly setting up for some of the plot devices in CS3

Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Hoping we'll get a CS4 announcement during PAX D:

Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

NISA Panel at Pax tonight

BG Level

Zero No Kiseki fan translation coming out March 14th: https://www.siliconera.com/the-legen...march-14-2020/

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Finally! Was checking their site every couple of days because it had something like a timer, but with weird number jumps so I was expecting something soon

Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

BG Level

We are going to be SO far behind

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag