Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ziz Gorlin
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

All we can do is speculate. We know that everyone at Falcom has more than 1 job. We know Unisuga is also the Webmaster for Falcom (we started calling him the Webmaster as a goofy little nickname) and that Sonoda does sound effects and some other stuff. We suspect it's because of his fast composition speed (he claimed he wanted to do 200 songs this year) + ridiculously low rates ($100/min + $50/extra minutes). Maybe Falcom just sees more value in having their composers do other jobs and only partially compose because of this. Also, Kondo said in a few interviews between 2016-2018 that he thought his internal sound team's melodies were boring and uninspiring (may have just been parroting Kato, the chairman and founder), which is when I really started to dislike Falcom.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Oh wow, Kondo said that, huh?

And no worries man -- I didn't take it as you trying to sway us. I was legit curious. I don't see any value in doing the whole 'you dislike them so you suck' deal.

I agree with Corr -- those tracks did feel out place. I didn't mind them, I just took them as 'hm, maybe they're trying to mix it up?'.

Though I definitely didn't care for Proud Grudge -- that one felt kinda boring and uninspired to me.

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

Limited Editions for Trails of Cold Steel 4 have been delayed. Just got this in my inbox:

Dear Valued Customer,

We are reaching out to inform you on the status of the Limited Edition for Trails of Cold Steel IV (PS4™).

Due to an unexpected delay, the outgoing shipments for preorders of Trails of Cold Steel IV for both NISA Online Store & NISA Europe Online Store will be affected. We aim to begin shipping orders during the release week for the NISA Online Store and during the week of November 2nd for the NISA Europe Online Store. We are working diligently to expedite the process and minimize any further delays. As we receive updates, we will be certain to keep our customers informed.

Thank you for your patience and support at this time.

Best wishes,
    NISA Online Store

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Well, at least this time they're saying earlier that there will be problems, unlike last year

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Gokulo View Post
    Well, at least this time they're saying earlier that there will be problems, unlike last year
    True. I remember going through hell with Customer Service on why it took them so long to process my payment again.

Though yeah now I need to talk to my boss to see if I can revise my PTO since I was taking a week off to play this.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Yeah, thankfully I can take time off pretty easily whenever I want, so taking last year into consideration I just decided to wait until the game actually gets here before planning anything

BG Level

Also for some good news. Kotobukiya announced they're making scale statues for Rean and Altina.

https://amp.reddit.com/r/Falcom/comm...schwarzer_and/

BG Level

Also looks like Laura's VA got changed for CS4. New VA is Heather Gonzalez.

Voice seems... okay. I just hope it's not a huge shift for best girl.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Aww, her VA wasn't anything amazing, but it fit the character really good, so yeah, hope it's not a big change

BG Level

Good news, everyone!

Hello future heroes!

We are excited to announce that the delays affecting NISA Online Store (US store only) preorders of Trails of Cold Steel IV have been resolved, and we will begin shipping out orders starting this Friday, October 24!

Thank you all for your patience and understanding during this time. We look forward to diving into the final chapter of Trails of Cold Steel with you all soon. If you have any questions, please reach out to us at [email protected] and we will assist you as soon as possible.

BG Level

EDIT: Double. Yay for lag.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Damn you If I had ordered a normal edition here I would probably already get the game today or tomorrow. Maybe I should and then resell it at small loss haha.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

The end of chapter 2 of CS4 on one hand is one of the most epic events to happen in the series and on the other some of the worst story decisions they made in my opinion >.>;

BG Level

Sounds like digital preorders are having issues. Meanwhile my physical was supposed to be in yesterday but delayed and updated today according to the tracking info.

I really hope I don't need to call up the USPS. They are such a pain in the ass to work with.

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Mine is waiting for me at home (Amazon).

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

FALCOM - Trails in the Sky, Cold Steel, Ys Series (SPOILERS)

We in there boys

I’m just gonna do a playthrough like a normie not trying to get every little thing and I’ll do another playthrough in the future to 100% stuff. Don’t feel like sitting in front of a walkthrough for the entire game rn.

Quote Originally Posted by SathFenrir View Post
    We in there boys

I’m just gonna do a playthrough like a normie not trying to get every little thing and I’ll do another playthrough in the future to 100% stuff. Don’t feel like sitting in front of a walkthrough for the entire game rn.
    CS4 in particular is much easier to do this with. They added even more stuff to the map so a guide isn't necessary to get most stuff unlike some of the earlier games.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Got mine yesterday.

I greatly dislike Juna.

BG Level

I can see the complaints about some of the VA talent.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Ayn View Post
    Got mine yesterday.

I greatly dislike Juna.
    Juna has been horribly annoying in CS3 with all the Crossbell whining and stuff, she's gotten somewhat better after getting some sense smacked into her, but yeah, listening to her can be pretty hard

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag