+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 85 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 ... LastLast
    Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Hitoshura View Post
    Yes still in the middle of that still and loving it, it's basically everything you wish Trails FC and SC had. The quick travel shortcuts, spending time and learning about characters on the side. I don't like the pretty much direct copy of Persona with the day by day and I assume later a waifu simulator added but I am guessing it's got the clever Falcom spin on it and man I will never doubt this company again.
    Social events don't do much but help learn about a character/increase battle link or whatever it's called.

Glad you're enjoying it. Falcom did a great job with the characters again.

Han Cholo
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Azor A'hai
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Cold Steel anger/spoilers below:

Spoiler: show
    So I get off work and start browsing facebook and the official Trails page posts such a huge face palm spoiler at least for me anyway. It shows Beublanc and mention he's showing up again in CS2. First of all, #1 SC left it kind of up in the air, but it was obvious he didn't die. #2 I had no idea he would even be alive for this damn long in the series and in this many games, I think he's just an annoying twat anyway so ultimately I am not too upset but that's still pretty awful of whoever runs that page. #3 Another thing that really bothers me is that a friend of mine told me he beat CS1 before he finished SC and had no clue, was legit shocked about Oliver being suspicious about the Chancellor being part of ouroboros. I get it.. it's the 1st game and they want to flesh out these guys first but that's going to seriously put a damper on my priority for this game if this doesn't even get acknowledged. Also this warming up to each other phase between the lead characters feels like it's really going to drag the entire game, I really hope they prove me wrong.

Things I do like so far are the awesome references and shoutout to Bracer's and how the duties they have to do are pretty much the same, also Rean's style of the sword is the same as Cassius Bright, I can't believe this punk kid was taught by such a great man like that and then just grovels at how he wasn't good enough. I am guessing this little issue Rean has with himself is going to be one that is going to haunt him later. You ain't fucking fooling me again Falcom writers!

BG Level

You're not too far in it then I take?

Han Cholo

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Azor A'hai
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

It's not exactly easy for me to jump into this new cast of characters, starting all over from scratch pretty much. Doesn't help that almost half of them have attitude problems or with each other. Thanks to the intro, I know they become BFF Power Rangers Squad and powerful so just gonna try to enjoy the painfully long journey up to that point. If I learned anything... like any Kiseki game, I am damn sure it's going to be worth it right at the end. Lol

BG Level

It gets better, trust me.

Han Cholo

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Azor A'hai
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

You said it's on par with Trails FC's end, so that's saying a lot!

I like Rean so far but something just seems very off about him. I'm not just talking about the bizarre fact that sometimes he doesn't get voice acting in cutscenes when everyone around him talking to him does talk. Is this intentional? Could Xseed really not afford for the main character of the game to be fully voiced? It's not a huge deal but still kind of disappointing.

BG Level

I really have no idea what's up with Rean's VA either. According to a review the JP version had him talking during those out of spots too.

And yeah, they go into a bit of depth with Rean (and by extension, most of the main cast) as the game progresses. The game picks up around the time you start chapter 3 when you're in the Nord Highlands.

Han Cholo

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Azor A'hai
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Lol I am barely in the middle of Chapt 2 and it looks like Machias and Jusis finally going to fist fight.. yeah right. Seriously these two need to already, its getting old! These upcoming Field Missions look interesting, just hope I don't ZZZZ in the middle of playing.

Edit: Okay I take it all back, Jusis home coming has got me laughing pretty good. This should be at least a funny and interesting chapter.

Han Cholo

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Azor A'hai
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

TRAILS OF COLD STEEL CONFIRMED FOR SEPT 6TH. I fucking hate you XSEED there is no way I can beat the 1st CS before that... I think?

Trails of Cold Steel II will not be launching fall 2016, because...it'll be launching this summer instead!!
    It is now official: Trails of Cold Steel II will be launching September 6th in North America! We'll hopefully have another trailer or two to show off soon, but for now, celebrate!
    For details on Europe, you'll have to check with the European publisher, NIS America.
    From that official Trails page they have on FB.

BG Level

Finally. Now a 3 wait week...

Oh? Want motivation to play? Here ya go:

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Europe whereeee

BG Level

Europe is mid November I think

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Hitoshura
    TRAILS OF COLD STEEL CONFIRMED FOR SEPT 6TH. I fucking hate you XSEED there is no way I can beat the 1st CS before that... I think?
    Get that quitter bullshit attitude out of here Hito.

Also in unison with Cor: One of the best damn themes in the game.

BG Level

That's how you do a final dungeon.

Han Cholo

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Azor A'hai
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Quote Originally Posted by Ayn View Post
    Get that quitter bullshit attitude out of here Hito.

Also in unison with Cor: One of the best damn themes in the game.

You're right... FC+SC didn't slow me down. I am just being a pansy, I am going to start playing seriously after today's raid. Still in mid chapt 2.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

That's how you do a final dungeon.
    ...And yet:

That's not even the final dungeon's theme!

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Ayn View Post
    ...And yet:

That's not even the final dungeon's theme!
    It's not? I thought it was up until the final boss.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ziz Gorlin
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

No, you're thinking of

The other song is from the mines.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Yep:

Which is a shame, because To be the Foundation of a New Era is much more awesome

Han Cholo

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Azor A'hai
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

I think a lot more people have played Cold Steel than Trails, even a member of my raid has beaten the game before I even touched Trails. Just got to Chapter 3 right now, I did enjoy Chapter 2 a lot more as we finally got to learn about Jusis and a bit more questions about the other characters.

So is there also a mandatory badass super boss in these games too? I swear that is the coolest fucking thing ever, it takes balls for a game to flat out make you either man up and win or puss out and go the easier route. I did not give up and it was definitely one of my most satisfying victories ever.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 85 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag