+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 85 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 ... LastLast
    Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

I assume when you're talking about a super boss I assume you mean someone like

Spoiler: show
    Leonhardt

Then kinda/sorta. There are some enemies that can flat out cripple you unless you're ready for them, but there are some tough ones later on that also use S-Crafts which can mess you up.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

For Corr:

Remember the second C fight?

I thought I was supposed to lose on purpose about 1/4 of the way through, so just threw the fight.

Nope, Gameover.

Han Cholo
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Azor A'hai
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Quote Originally Posted by Corrderio View Post
    I assume when you're talking about a super boss I assume you mean someone like

Leonhardt

Then kinda/sorta. There are some enemies that can flat out cripple you unless you're ready for them, but there are some tough ones later on that also use S-Crafts which can mess you up.
    Lol he wasn't a super boss to you guys? It was one of the toughest fights in a game I have ever seen, period. SC was even worse because of the clones and S-Craft spam ending your life if you don't have earth wall or any kind of protection up. Honestly even with Crest and other DEF abilities he seemed to carve right through all that shit and would regular hit for 4k and crit for 8k.

Also word on the street says that Ys 8 is looking to be the best to date, lot of people have been importing it and have been impressed. I hear even the writing in the storytelling has taken a pretty big upgrade as well. Cannot wait to see this, it's a shame the Vita version is coming first. Not sure if XSEED is just going to wait it out until next year for the PS4 release. I really hope they get a head start on translating the script since it's already out, but they have a gigantic amount on their plate at the moment. This next year is going to probably be Falcom's and Xseed's biggest with Trails 3rd, Cold Steel 3, Ys 8 and that potential Zero no Kiseki fan translation. The timing seems perfect and I have grown to love this company a lot mainly due to the Ys series so I really hope they FINALLY get what they deserve and get more exposure and new people to buy their amazing games.

BG Level

Oh no. He was hard. I was just using him as an example.

@Ayn: Yep. That was the hardest CS fight hands down

Han Cholo

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Azor A'hai
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

How the hell am I suppose to make money in these games? People just keep giving me a fuckton of accessories I do not need and it's annoying. Getting 0 cash to buy things. I also really dislike the how shitty the map has become now, it use to be so SIMPLE. This stupid noble city made it extremely unclear which store or which place is what! Whereas Trails had that shit color coded and so easy to do. Minor complaints but still you'd think after a decade they would not regress on something that was done so right. Oh well.

Also 3 chapters in and I still don't feel anything towards the cast, this is not a good sign. But original Trails is too much to live up to, so I am trying to just enjoy this game for what it is.

I have to mention the soundtrack aside from battle themes has been underwhelming so far. Some of these reused and even new field themes are nearly putting me to sleep, so damn boring. Compared to SC and FC where I loved the entire OST aside from the surprise chest theme in FC.. omfg that song sucks, the worst.

I know you guys keep saying it's going to get better, but goddamn these games really do start you off in the slowest most masochistic ways possible to build up and eventually randomly drop the eventual cliff hanger of all things at the worst time possible. That being said, I am not going to beat the final boss and see the ending until CS2 is officially out. I can't stand the feeling of not being able to continue after the cliffhanger FC left.

BG Level

Gear doesn't have as big of an impact as you'd think. From my understanding Cold Steel has a "threshold" system of sorts where when you're below it you take a lot/do a little damage, and when you're above it armor increases won't help as much

Han Cholo

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Azor A'hai
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Honestly, I needed some damn money for items. Sometimes a spell won't cast on time or be quick enough to heal or revive the person you want. Only drawback about items is the shitty range it has but love how it's instant.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ziz Gorlin
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Your only methods of making money are Sepith Mass, or using the Egg Omelette trick with Elliott. Basically you buy the ingredients for Simple Omelette x99 when Elliott is in your party, and have him make it because it's his specialty and lets you make the Warm Egg Soup. For every 99 you make, you'll get like 80 of them or so, and then 19 of the tier below, you end up getting like 2-3k mira per 99. It's not exactly amazing but it's by far the fastest method for a long time.

Story doesn't really pick up until after Njord Highlands, which is chapter 4. Like Sky, there are hints of bigger things going on behind the scenes but I think that Cold Steel does a better job of keeping you engaged since it's a bit more blatant. I personally thought as an entry game into an arc, Cold Steel was better than Trails in the Sky FC, nothing beats SC though.

P.S. You're wrong about the music

Han Cholo

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Azor A'hai
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

P.S. You're wrong about the music
    I sure hope so, maybe I am just spoiled at this point because Falcom's sound team is the best in vidya games.

Quote Originally Posted by Ramzii View Post
    Like Sky, there are hints of bigger things going on behind the scenes but I think that Cold Steel does a better job of keeping you engaged since it's a bit more blatant.

Yeah I know, I saw the evil black armored guy and the other weirdo, as well as that bombshell of a reveal that Oliver busted out in SC involving the Giliath Osbourne. Which BTW was one of the craziest cutscenes in the game, WHAT THE HELL OLIVER!? He looks so boss in his red outfit.

It's pretty insane to think that they have set up the plot for CS all the way back since 2006, so I can't wait to see what will play out aside from the little petty drama between our characters, but yeah I know, this is the development arc of the game where you have to get to know them, and eventually like them.

Han Cholo

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Azor A'hai
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Holy shit, they just straight up give you Silver Thorn in this game?

Han Cholo

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Azor A'hai
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Just made it to the Nord Highlands, you weren't fucking around.

HOLY SHIT @ getting greeted by Zechs Vander.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ziz Gorlin
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

that's what you get for not believing in falcom

(in all fairness me and my friend were very unhype for this game when it was being released since we thought it was just a meme high school lol xD game)

Han Cholo

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Azor A'hai
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Lol it seems every game starts off like this, I was pretty ticked at how SC and FC jerked you around so much but not more than SC. This one is finally starting to get interesting because I am guessing I am going to start meeting more familiar people. Also the addition of horse traveling is so welcome I wish it stayed in the rest of this game.

BG Level

That's what you get for being a doubter >_>

Han Cholo

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Azor A'hai
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Thoughts on Chapter 3/4:

Ironblood Chancellor and Michias' father, what a way to open Chapter 4. So just how in Trails in the Sky, Estelle's daddy was someone big and special (well in his case, one of a kind) and she has her issues, all these characters's parent seems to be someone important aside from Emma who I haven't learned much about yet. Getting a lot of reveals dropped at once on me, and it's pretty awesome. So let me get this straight, that little blue haired loli with the WOBOT Lammy (god I fucking hate her voice and gimmick so goddamn much) is this chancellor's puppet to use? How creepy

Olivier is amazing and I will be sad if his insanity never reaches our new group of characters.

BG Level

Given what you said, you're about halfway done. I think the game is only 7 chapters long, but the last chapter is pretty lengthy.

Han Cholo

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Azor A'hai
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

It's getting more interesting no doubt, but still feels a bit predictable. I blame FC and SC for making me so paranoid about characters! Lol

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Paranoid about characters? Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha.

Just wait.

Cor will know what I'm talking about.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Definitely, I feel the surprise here is even better than in Sky

Han Cholo

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Azor A'hai
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

I have a feeling it's going to be about Rean.

He's been grasping his chest scar all chapter and seems like something crazy is about to happen. He's been the most mysterious character of them all so far mostly because he is too busy solving everyone else's problems and the focus is almost always usually away from himself. So this easily reminds me of Joshua big time, so it's really hard not to like him. But unlike Joshua, it seems he's actually purposely hiding something from everyone (I think a character called him out on this already, but nothing came out of it) Something that he already knows and hasn't forgotten or been brainwashed, etc. I am pretty eager to see what is up.

Are you guys that anxious as hell to play the sequel?

Edit:

Just met Elise... incoming incest jokes because they aren't fully related I am guessing. Why do I get a Josh and Estelle vibe?

Shit, this just got real dramatic all of a sudden.

and the feels just hit me. So Rean is basically a low born bastard like our good ol' friend Jon Snow?

The fuck!? Did Rean just transform into Loewe or something? Silver hair, red eyes, and his voice deepened.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 85 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag