+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 85 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 56 ... LastLast
    D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Nope, not Rean. Not saying anything else.

I'd say anxious but eh, only a week. The way I look at it, the wait for CSII was less torturous than SC, since I wasn't even SURE we were going to get that..and it's just a shorter wait.

Been doing a second run through for shits and giggles, and to rank higher.

..Funny that you mention that about Rean, considering your avatar.

........Again, not saying anything else.

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

I've been listening to the CS OST waiting for next week. Sucks it comes out after my 3 day weekend.

Han Cholo
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Azor A'hai
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

One thing I will admit I miss a lot is the very damn good facial expressions the portraits from Trails FC and SC had. They really should never have hired that artist that took over around Ao/Zero and the EVO releases, they are absolutely awful.

BG Level

Most of EVO is a step down to me. Even the music.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ziz Gorlin
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Evo Zero/Ao OSTs are really good but the Sky ones haven't been doing it for me. Fateful Confrontation became Fateful Defecation.

Also Cold Steel is on PSN for 50% off and Shining Pom baits are free until Sept 13th

BG Level

I haven't done a comparison for zero yet since I'm hoping XSEED announces a translation soon. But yeah, "Feelings, A, Place to Arrive At" sounds good for the EVO cover

Han Cholo

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Azor A'hai
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

In Chapter 5.

Spoiler: show
    Millium joined the main cast, just please kill me now, that voice is just nails on the chalkboard. Yeah the Chancellor's little dog is here to watch us, nothing suspicious about that! We just finished getting to know the main cast and now we have to learn about 2 more people added randomly, this kind of sucks and the reasons they joined sounded so incredibly lame and made up that I already know it's just a cover and they are just baby sitting us "special kids with the special parents" class. Which is what this entire game feels like, just being baby sat by the entire damn nation of Erebonia, everyone knows exactly why you are there and what you are doing, it's embarrassing and it's getting old. It makes us feel like we are in pre school and need our hands held at every turn, I absolutely despise this bullshit forced patronage/hand holding all these "superior" people around you have. What I loved about the original Trails is that everyone was so radically different from one another and came from all walks of life and did things on their own, no special treatment or superior Senpai to the rescue after every damn incident. Aside from Estelle and that's because who her father is. Kloe was an actual princess but she really held her own in battle and was a damn good character too. I already miss them just typing about them, see what I mean!?

Also everyone having a parent or someone important to them dying, having to do with them ending up at Thors has been like everyone's reason and it's also predictably annoying.

I don't mean to sound so negative but none of these characters are really interesting to me aside from the main character, and maybe Fie. I think you guys are crazy still on saying this is anywhere near TiTs level of epic, we will NEVER see a villain as amazingly done as George Weissman. Being grounded to a school is also making me believe that less and less. The battle system though is definitely a humongous improvement, this story is lacking big time so far and I am almost done with it. This isn't a bad game by any means but I think I was expecting a lot better because of the hype in this thread, also Olivier not being a party member ever was also a huge missed opportunity and he really didn't interact with the characters as much as I had hoped. Anyway, rant mode off! Back to this cocktease of a game that will probably end up only being amazing at the very end or some shit. At least it feels this way at this point.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

-hands over popcorn to Corr-

Han Cholo

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Azor A'hai
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

I've been going all out trying to finish this game in time to line up with CS2's relesae, so I apologize for that "final thoughts of the night" sort of rant.

I know I am far from finishing the game and this is where the meat of it really begins most likely, so this better not suck! I plan on blitzing through Chapter 5 and 6 today and Final chapter tomorrow. The reason it's taking a while is because I am trying to do everything or at least enough to land me some Gladiator accessories, I have 2 so far.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Nothing to apologize for; you're making some interesting points (and I'm doing my second run through now). At best, without giving too much away, it's best to view CS1 like Sora no Kiseki 1: A massive set up for the second one.

Not sure how other people view it, but I think that in some ways, CS1 does it just as well (if not a little better, based on what little I know of the second one).

I know what you mean about some of the characters; I'm kinda meh on Emma, Laura, and Gaius, but all of them grew on me.

Supporting cast is still great though.

The whole Manway Method was hilarious.

Han Cholo

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Azor A'hai
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

I actually do enjoy the overreactions by Machias, they remind me a bit of Estelle's. Sara is also very obviously characterized after Schera, though a lot more powerful, and I absolutely love her for it. Fie is also great and reminds me a bit of Josh and his combat style, Crow seems pretty chill and interesting but don't know much about him. The rest are just bleh Alisa, Elliot, Jusis, Gauis, and Laura all seemingly have perfect or boring melodramatic lives.

Emma is obviously an X factor and huge deal, talking to the cat on the side about Rean potentially being "the one" or some crap just obviously outed her. This just leaves Rean's very shrouded past, which hasn't been fully revealed. Also did nobody mention or noticed his transformation? Is Crow and everyone just keeping this a secret? I forgot Lol.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Elliot is great if only because of his dad.

I kind of like him in the sense that he's like..not some gifted combat prodigy, but a kid unwillingly / begrudgingly at a military academy. He's boring in a way, but I feel like you kind of need it with this cast.

And yeah, Sara is great.

Crow will grow on you in a way.

How far along are you now? Chapter 5 puts you in..Heimdallr, right? Or was that 4, and 5 puts you in Legram?

Han Cholo

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Azor A'hai
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Yeah now that I think about it Elliot is easily the most interesting out of that bunch I mentioned, it's a bit strange we didn't actually get to meet his dad but sucks about the kid's mom. Also good lord his S-Break is hilariously epic, is that an orbal violin or something? He is going to be the most epic BRD of all time, I swear male healers like him and Kevin Graham are the best. Speaking of which, holy fuck I cannot wait for Trails 3rd! >< Going to fucking live that game.

Actually we just wrapped up our business there, and now we are back to school but I believe that Legram was mentioned so we will likely be going there next, I think that's where Laura is from right? Should be definitely interesting to meet her father if we get to. Like I said, I absolutely love, love, love the combat and overworld traveling and exploring, it's very good especially since this is their very 1st 3D venture for the series, I only wish I had gotten this on the PS3 because I can tell there are several moments where the game would probably be running and looking much better.

How did you guys play this game? I had to resort to Vita TV, I don't even know if it will support CS2. How fucked is that? Lol

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

It's not a huge spoiler, but I'm sure you deduced you'll eventually meet his pops. ..I'll leave it at that.

But that's what I like about Elliot; I mean he has some sad things going for him (losing his mom; not being able to pursue his dream), but he's still fairly grounded. Rean too in a way.

Got it on PS3; same for CSII. Briefly thought about Vita but said nah.

I mean yeah some of the backgrounds are a little trite, but I do think they handled it well. Remember the scene after you find out about Jusis's past? And before Machias can say anything much, Jusis just calls him out like "Oh, you think just because you overheard us we're gonna be buds? Yeah no."

Little things like that I appreciate. As well as nods to characters in the previous one (Estelle and Joshua were referenced back in Chapter 2 by Toval and Baron Bleublanc).

BG Level

Man ya'll crazy. Laura is the best waifu.

I just wish her draw/sheath animations wasn't putting a friggin 2 handed sword at her side.

Han Cholo

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Azor A'hai
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Laura? That's really surprising but then again I guess I haven't really found much out about her. All the girls are pretty tame though so far, except for that Angelica girl. She is a freak, and probably a pedo from what she said about Millium. >.>

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Well, her whole grudge with Fie was pretty dumb.

Han Cholo

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Azor A'hai
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

I agree, that was pretty retarded because..

I thought it was going to get much better like the Jaeger corps did something in Laura's past that actually changed her life but.. no, not even that. The duel they had was also extremely lame, they just spammed their craft moves and stood still. At least in Trails SC when Joshua fought Loewe, that dual was actually choreographed damn well for them being cutesey lil sprites, it was entertaining to watch.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Yeah:

I thought the corps would have been responsible for her mom's death, or some nonsense. Nope. Laura gets weirdly uppity about certain things.

And yeah, the Loewe vs. Joshua fight was amazing.

Really can't wait to see what a PS4 Cold Steel looks like..

Han Cholo

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Azor A'hai
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Wait!

Laura's mom is dead too? Christ, does anyone's parent actually live in this game? Lol

Also what is with this really pretty chick that's a radio station host and an Opera singer to boot, she's totally checking out Rean. She is definitely waifu tier next to Sara.

Holy shit, also.

This liberation front with these lettered baddies G, Z, C and S seem more and more like an unlikely actual good group instead. They seem to be working against the Chancellor, this is getting interesting, I really wonder what they plan on doing. That big show in Crossbell is happening, Olivier and him are going to attend and everyone knows those cannons are pointed right at that place... from what I remember at the beginning of the game, I have a feeling this is going to be the catalyst event.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 85 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 56 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag