Art Connesseur of Blue Gartr
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Odess E'iron
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I'm cool with expanding the universe a bit. It was like those Mass Effect novels that were considered canon and then in ME 3 they added the whole biotic school and Kahlee Sanders made her official debut. That for me was an awesome moment.

So if they do something tlike that down the line, could be cool.

As an aside I had to stop playing Reverie due to God of War but so far it was pretty good, I'm like 45-ish hours in. It doesn't have a ton of oh shit moments, but there are some great character exchanges. Looking forward to playing Kuro afterwards.

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

Ah wasn't aware it was meant as a gap between CS2 and 3. When I heard "Cold Steel anime" I thought they meant an adaptation of some of the games.

Though at least this way they can't botch it to hell like the Trails in the Sky OVA was.

Weaboo of the House of Weave
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arthur Pendragon
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

I wonder if they'll get Chiplock and Hunyh to do the voices for the (if there is one) dub of this

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Haven't payed any attention to this anime but looks neat. I do vaugely remember rean mentioning something happened in the north at one point so I guess this is that adaptation?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

This is something that happened between 3 and 4. So the beginning is in the ending section of 3 but then the war is just mentioned in passing in 4

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Odess E'iron
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

oh man, we have Rean, Allie, Campanella, Valimar, what looked like the outskirts of the Salt Pale. Sign me up.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Odess E'iron
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I'm about 20ish hours into Kuro no Kiseki. When this game makes it to the states in 2026, I have the feeling it's going to pretty pretty divisive. Between the new engine, battle system, and various other changes (that were very much needed IMO) people are going to love it or hate it. I am personally enjoying it.

The new setting, characters, systems, etc. all very welcome. After I was done with Reverie (even though it had some great character moments) I was sick of Erebonia. I hope Kuro only goes for 3 games.

I'm pretty sure this is the time when Unisuga left Falcom (he might have done some tracks, haven't looked) but I'm pretty sure. Arvin can probably confirm. Music goes from being great in the previous games to just. Bland. Don't get me wrong, there are a couple of decent tracks, but overall not great. According to HLTB for completionist I'm about 120 hours away from finishing lol. But not all npc's are fully translated yet so it might take less as I typically go and exhaust all dialog with all town npc's. But the main story/sub missions/connect events/primary npc's are all taken care of.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Odesseiron View Post
    The new setting, characters, systems, etc. Were all very needed. After I was done with Reverie (even though it had some great character moments) I was sick of Erebonia. I hope Kuro only goes for 3 games.
    Yeah, they confirmed some time ago that Calvard is getting one more game and then it's next region.

BG Level

This isnt going so well guys.
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I'm excited for the kuro release in the states. I may not be able to wait until 2026 and just end up patching and downloading whats available. I'm kinda glad it doesn't seem to follow the Cold Steel motto. The gate needed to be revitalized a bit as the current 3d style was getting dated. It would have been fine if it remained in 2d but that 3d style needed to be updated.

I'm kinda wondering if the anime shows us anything new that's canon since it happens during the blank period between games 2 and 3 with the war with north ambria.

BG Level

Ys X: Nordics announced for PS4, PS5, and Switch:
    https://www.gematsu.com/2022/12/ys-x...ps4-and-switch

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Kinda vary of ship gameplay, as that's rarely fun... but we'll see. Do like we're back to more lively color palette.

BG Level

I'm more concerned about Adol being on an actual boat given his luck

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

My thoughts exactly.

Game starts on a boat.

Ends in an undersea city.

BG Level

Felghana is getting a HD Remaster for Switch: https://www.gematsu.com/2022/12/ys-m...ced-for-switch

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

BG Level

That's a lot sooner than I expected.

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Busy month during the summer with FF16 releasing weeks prior too

BG Level

Aye. Speaking of Trails I still need to hunt down a CE for Azure. Still can't believe I missed that.

BG Level

Key details on Ys X: Taken from https://www.gematsu.com/2022/12/ys-x...haracters-more

• “‘Nordics’ is a term that means ‘people of the north.'”
    • “The time period goes way back—after the events of Ys I and II. Adol is 17 years old and on his way to Celceta (which is brought up in the manual preface of Ys I!).”
    • “Dr. Flair Rall is traveling with you.”
    • “There are only two playable characters (Adol and the axe girl). That being said, the action is dense and there are all sorts of things you can do.”
    • “There are town(s), but your base will always be your ship.”
    • “Solo Mode offers the usual high-speed battles [of the Ys series]. Combination Mode lets you pull off more powerful attacks, but the overall speed of battle is slower so you can fight more carefully. (The speed only changes on Adol’s side.) You can only switch to Combination Mode when holding down a certain button, and it switches back to Solo Mode when said button is released.”
    • “Defense carries major weight. Guarding builds up your Revenge Gauge, which can increase your attack power.”
    • “We’ve taken considerable care to adjust the difficulty level so that a wide range of users can enjoy the game.”
    • “There are special actions called ‘Mana Actions.’ There’s more freedom when performing mid-air actions.”
    • “About 20 percent of the game is sailing your ship. There are maps dedicated to ship and naval battles occur when you encounter enemies. There is also a growth (i.e. character development) element to the ship.”
    There's a few more highlights in the article but nothing too significant. Things like the ages seem to be for a broader appeal, more information next year or in spring, etc.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag