Page 84 of 85 FirstFirst ... 34 74 82 83 84 85 LastLast
    I'm more gentle than I look.
    Mr. Feathers AKA Mr. Striations
    All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Ayn View Post
    Yes that's my point exactly.

Let's leave Crossbell alone. Forever.

And I'll have no slander of Nord and Gaius's wholesome family.
    Gaius is great. His family is great, but that giant, empty ass map was an entire sack of ass lol

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Alright, that I can get. Gorgeous looking map, but wasted potential.

I'm more gentle than I look.
    Mr. Feathers AKA Mr. Striations
    All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

Alright, that I can get. Gorgeous looking map, but wasted potential.
    let's talk about the true tragedy though, they really shafted my boi Kevin man don't even got a 3d model yet

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Holding out hope that whenever we get a game where we go to Gralsritter HQ he pops back up.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Tbh, he's going to look hilarious in 3D (well, he does in 2D too, but it's less jarring due to the whole chibi style)

Art Connesseur of Blue Gartr
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Odess E'iron
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Yes that's my point exactly.

Let's leave Crossbell alone. Forever.

And I'll have no slander of Nord and Gaius's wholesome family.
    Agreed. When I was done with Reverie (granted I played it via patch translation) I was ready to be done with Crossbell/Erebnoia for a long, long time.

While Falcom now gets a lot of backlash/hate through its core group of 4chan fappers (there is definitely warrant there for some, but they essentially hatefuck the series) after playing through Kuro(Dawn) via patch, I found the game refreshing. New setting, characters, battle system, etc. was definitely needed.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Odesseiron View Post
    New setting, characters, battle system, etc. was definitely needed.
    Yeah, while the continuous story/world building is one of the best things about the series, not changing up the cast often enough quickly leads to gameplay boredom & related issues. You want to be excited what new abilities and spells or new flashy S-Crafts you will be able to use when you start a new title, whereas here we were mostly watching the same/similar animations for ages.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Yeah, that's what I'm genuinely looking forward to.

Sometimes I wonder if the game was 2D instead of 3D, if we'd gotten to explore a bit more of a fleshed out Erebonia.

But I am looking forward to Kuro. Would be tempted to play it with patch now, but still have Reverie and tons of other things to finish, so it'll be here before I know it.

Hopefully the second game gets a quick translation too.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Odess E'iron
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

With a new Kiseki not even announced in Japan yet catching up (within 1 game, anyhow) is definitely possible. I'm expecting Kuro 3 to get announced Spring/Summer 2024.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

If anyone's interested, the jp ps store and eShop now have the demo of Ys X

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

And out of nowhere comes this:

https://twitter.com/nihonfalcom/stat...25089045864530

“In the year 120X, everything comes to an end.”

C. Epstein, the father of the orbal revolution, prophesized the end of the Zemurian continent.

As “X Day” approaches, a massive orbal rocket is about to be launched from a large military base built in the Kunlun Range.

“Can man make it past the planet’s atmosphere?”

“What lies at the end of the continent?”

“Will mankind be able to uncover the true nature of the ‘world’?”

While the whole world watches to witness the largest undertaking since the dawn of history, somewhere in the singularity that is Ored, forces from all over the land were about to gather, including a young “Spriggan.”

Will the single trail toward the distant heavens ultimately shape the future of Zemuria, or…

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Well, they recently said a new game will be released by September '24

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Odess E'iron
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

There's been a few hints towards Trails going into space in the last couple of games. Wonder what it will actually mean. I know Kuro 2 sales were very soft, so hopefully they went back to the drawing board and used the extra time to polish the script. It seems like it still might be Van as the MC, which I hope it is cause I did genuinely enjoy his "older" perspective.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Hmm, is the translation "Trails of the World"?

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

been watching a lot of Basement Brothers lately. anyone else check them out? they do a ton of retrospectives on PC88 and PC98 Nihon Falcom games from Ys to the entire Dragon Slayer series including the original Gagharv trilogy. if you are at all interested in the history of Nihon Falcom I highly recommend them. watching someone play through and discuss the original version of Xanadu was a treat

as such they have inspired me and I've been playing some Ys lately; finished Ys III snes and moving onto Origins but might also pick up Dana since it's on the Steam sale rn for $13. also just found out there is a Ys vs Trails fighting game so we'll be downloading and trying that out.

anyone else struggle getting through the Trails series? I left off just after the school festival in Skies and man I am having a hard time getting back into it. it's a lovely game it's just such an investment. I want to play Cold Steel but I feel like I'm never gonna make it lol

edit: found this website and now I kinda wanna do a whole Ys series playthrough...

https://www.digitalemelas.com/

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

ok I started with Ys Book I & II (using retroachievements.org ofc) and I'm really glad I did. Playing this alongside Origins really fills out the lore and the original Ys is actually quite good (with some major flaws that can be overlooked as relics of their time). bump combat sounded dumb but I am actually enjoying it

edit: also wtf why is dogi "colin" in this game lmao

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Odess E'iron
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Yuri-G View Post

anyone else struggle getting through the Trails series? I left off just after the school festival in Skies and man I am having a hard time getting back into it. it's a lovely game it's just such an investment. I want to play Cold Steel but I feel like I'm never gonna make it lol

https://www.digitalemelas.com/
    I will admit I had to play through Trails in the Sky (OG) at least 2 or 3 times starting it (like 20+ hours in also) and I was like what is all the fuss about? I'm not sure what game you're on currently, but I would say each game has an uptick and quality and storytelling, music, etc. to a certain point. By the time I reached the end of Sky 1 I was a lot more ready to jump in Sky 2. Sky 2 for me was about as close to a perfect old school PS1 era JRPG that you could get. Great characters, entertaining villains, etc. Sky 3 gives you tons of background lore into the series and some unexpected shocking things. Crossbell has one of my favorite casts of characters. You really feel connected with them. By the time you get to Cold Steel, you'll have such an understanding of the world and the environments you can just focus on the new things.

I don't know how purist you are, but I HIGHLY recommend you play them on PC (for Sky) and PS4 for Zero/Azure/Cold Steel at the very least for speeding things up. The animations (even in the later games) are extremely slow and very tedious if/when you start grinding. Once I started using it, it made getting through some of the tedium a lot easier. I'm pretty sure most people would tell you do that.

I don't regret getting into the series at all, and it got me through lockdown when that was going on in 2020. Stick with it and get over that barrier!

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

^ that actually makes me feel a lot better about continuing, thank you for sharing your thoughts and experiences. I'm playing Sky OG on an emulator with achievements and (most importantly) fast-forwarding. I could not deal with these battles without fast forward; that's not an exaggeration, I really don't think I would be able to get through the entire game. the battle system is fine but it's way too slow without fast forward. really trying to get back into the game but fango and bronco are doing their best to discourage me lol

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Odess E'iron
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Nah stick with it for sure. There are some genuinely amazing emotional payoffs and great moments in many of the games.

It might be as trope filled as you can get, but I usually end up loving every minute of them.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I see what you did there with get over the barrier.

And yeah, Yuri. Odesseiron pitched in before I could, but your struggles with it remind me of the challenge he was having initially, and I believe we all told him at the time to stick with it.

For what it's worth I get it too. I played Trails in the Sky on PSP when it came out and was like "I mean it's nice enough, but am I missing something?"

Then I got to the later games. I do appreciate the changes they've made as the series has gone on and..well I won't say much more until you're further along.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag