Art Connesseur of Blue Gartr
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Odess E'iron
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I gave in. I'm going to give Hajimari an attempt with the overlay. It's a bit cumbersome at first especially if you fuck the line advancement up and don't lock it where you're supposed to, but once you know what you're doing it's not bad. I've played enough Trails now to know what I'm doing in combat. I suspect quartz will give me a bit of an issue, but I've got the difficult on Easy.

Thinking back a year ago, I hadn't played any of these, and now I'm a junkie looking for my next fix, using all the methods possible to play.

I am still 100% buying the game when it comes out in 1.5+ years and it'll be an even longer wait for Kuro, but ah well.

I'm no expert of Japanese, but the translation seems pretty on point going off the limited knowledge I have.

I suspect due to the story structure of this game, I suspect Kuro no Kiseki will be a bit tougher to do with the overlay, unless they figure out a way to know which NPC you're talking to.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Wait, so how are you playing this?

Cause I'm tempted, too

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

This version showed up a couple weeks back.
    https://store.steampowered.com/app/1...ARI_NO_KISEKI/

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Every time I read about the overlay I wondered how are people actually using it, completely forgot this is on PC too, lol.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Odess E'iron
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

For interested parties, I'll shoot you a DM when I get home. The way I did it was less than scrupulous. >_>

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Odess E'iron
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Sent a PM to a few of you. Anyone else feel free to hmu.

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

I heard about the overlay but I am a bit curious how it works. Is the translation pretty accurate or shit?

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Odess E'iron
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

So it's these folks that worked on it: https://zerofield.net/ Particularly a person named Kitsune who is highly regarded in the community.

I won't pretend I have an adept understanding of the Japanese language, having only watched anime and playing some games in JP when offered.

However, when you've been doing that for almost 30 years, you do pick up some things along the way. When going along with the translation I listen to see if I can pick some things up and it does seem to be accurate as to what is being said.

It directs you to talk to all the important NPC's, tells you whereabout to go next and some other helpful information including tutorial translations.

It also assumes you are a hardcore Kiseki fan, referring to certain characters by name in the guide by only first name. Liking it so far though. Will keep you updated as I go along.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

New Kuro gameplay:

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Odess E'iron
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I'm not watching anything else for this game. Feels like they've shown everything via trailers/gameplay. I'm tuning Kuro out until it's either fan translated or released stateside in 2030.

BG Level

And to nobody's surprise, another Trails came coming in September 2022:

https://www.gematsu.com/2021/11/falc...september-2022

Given NISA seems to be taking priority with Zero/Azure I'm curious if they'll be able to catch up since Falcom seems to be pumping out a new Trails title every year now. On the plus side they did confirm in house Switch titles too so this will be interesting.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Hakkar

Quote Originally Posted by Corrderio View Post
    And to nobody's surprise, another Trails came coming in September 2022:

https://www.gematsu.com/2021/11/falc...september-2022

Given NISA seems to be taking priority with Zero/Azure I'm curious if they'll be able to catch up since Falcom seems to be pumping out a new Trails title every year now. On the plus side they did confirm in house Switch titles too so this will be interesting.
    Has there been any word on CS 1/2 getting a official Switch release here in the US? I've looked around and haven't found anything.

BG Level

Nope. Wonder if XSEED is just sitting on the localization rights for those 2 and doing nothing

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Odess E'iron
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

People had some semblance of hope that we would be finally caught up in 2023. I was wondering what reality they were living in. Like a new Trails game isn't out every year lol.

BG Level

Yeah I can't blame them. Though them focusing on Zero/Azure kind of threw a wrench in that. Also sucks they look like they'll be separate titles unless I'm missing something.

Yeah the gap isn't getting shorter at this point it's getting wider, we might as well just all start learning japanese at this point.

BG Level

I mean, it's faster than XSEED but yeah there's no way in hell they'll catch up unless they split into two teams and do a release every 6 months. Or Falcom focuses on other IPs.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Bweigelt View Post
    Yeah the gap isn't getting shorter at this point it's getting wider, we might as well just all start learning japanese at this point.
    Or play with the overlays. Right now I'm still resisting it, but god knows how long can I last

Yeah I'm just waiting on the overlay for Kuro and I'm gonna do a full series replay.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Odess E'iron
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I stopped using the overly. It's all fine and good, it's not incredibly hard to learn and offers a lot of direction with where to go, but it's still easy to fuck up and lose your place. At this point I am just going to wait it out. There's so many other games in my back log 2023 will be here before we know it. If someone does what they did for Zero/Azure and edits the stuff into the game I'll play for sure, but I can't see that happening with it being licensed.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag