Art Connesseur of Blue Gartr
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Odess E'iron
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Thank you both very much for the input. Makes it a whole lot easier (and spoiler free) rather than google searching. And I'm sure you enjoy someone new getting into a great series.

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

Ah right I remember the big spoilers for Azure now. Without giving much away once the main plot for CS2 is completed there's 2 additional chapters and one of them drops quite a few spoiler bombs on the events of Azure.

Quote Originally Posted by Corrderio View Post
    Yeah you can. Zero doesn't drop any major plot points for Cold Steel from what I remember.

I never played Azure but from my understanding Azure spoils CS more specifically...

Spoiler: show
    Osborne's assassination along with them later finding out he's still alive.
    You only have the first part spoiled. Azure ends before the finale of CS2 so you don't find out he's alive.

BG Level

Okay my bad so maybe the best rout would be Zero > CS1 > Azure > CS2. Assuming you're fine with dealing with the cliffhanger CS1 throws at you

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Haha, indeed, it's a hell of a cliffhanger and a start of a tradition for CS. It's great for you that you won't need to wait for the next game to come out after experiencing those endings

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Odess E'iron
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Well I mean is it really that much of a cliffhanger when I have the next game sitting in its case waiting to be played? But yeah I get you. lol at least I have the luxury of being able to marathon all of them if I want. Now, check back with me in a couple months after I've beaten everything Zero, CS1-4 (and assuming Azure gets finished) I'm sure i'll be chomping at the bit for the next title just like you all.

Aside from the character development, I really enjoy seeing the series evolve in its art direction and music too. Like there are certain themes in Zero that are remixes from Trails and it just makes me smile.

Really glad I picked this series up.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Odess E'iron
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Also, not to spam post, but holy shit. I'm just getting control in Zero after the intro in the sewers. I think this game is going to be much larger than I thought.

When I first heard about Crossbell in the Trails in the Sky series, I thought it was going to be some small podunk farming town or something. Like there were a couple stories about it in the papers, but I couldn't have been more wrong.

The town is huge in comparison to any town in the first 3 games. I honestly thought it was going to be a kind of side story 20 hour game, but I don't think that's right just looking at all the different districts.

The fact that a fan group was able to translate this is incredible. I don't know how "accurate" it is, but if I didn't know any better, I'd say it was professionally done. Much respect to them.

BG Level

Crossbell is great and has some good feels moments though I won't spoil that

BG Level

Anyway my turn to double dip. Finished Act 2 of CS4...

Oh my god best boi Olivert lives, Schera is a solid 11/10, and a crossover even that puts the MCU to shame.

Anyway on that note how long is Act 3 compared the the previous 2 acts? Also how many lost arts are there since I know you need them all for the true ending.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

There's 5 Lost Arts
    Chapter length hmm... I think it was somewhat shorter? Maybe because you don't need to run everywhere anymore

BG Level

So maybe I can get it knocked out over the weekend or end of next week when I take Friday off.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

The last chapter can be deceptive. When I was entering the last dungeon I thought I'd be in bed at a sane hour and ended up up playing until like 3am

BG Level

Sounds like Spiral of Erebos all over again

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Odess E'iron
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Non spoiler question; So the first 4 games are VERY story heavy. Which is fine, they're almost like interactive visual novels to an extent. But I can see why it would turn a lot of people off of the series.

Zero is extremely dialog heavy more so than the SC/3rd.

I've heard the CS games get extremely long, are they as heavy in the narrative dept? Or do they start to add more gameplay? I'm just curious.

Even though it's in Japanese, it's my first time (in Zero) hearing VO in a trails Game

BG Level

They can get pretty plot heavy. CS3 and CS4 feel like Persona in a sense since it feels like it takes some time before things get going. But once it does holy shit

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Odess E'iron
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Lmao, what the hell....
    Estelle and Joshua just showed up! too good! What the hell can I expect to do as a level 5 against them? Hahaha. Either way it's dope

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Yeah, that's what great about the series. You usually don't have such long narratives in games to experience such things. First similar series that comes to mind is Suikoden, where you get to meet some characters over and over at different points in their life

BG Level

Also if you think that part is amazing wait til you complete the missing child quest later in the game.

BG Level

So I'm on the finale and wondering is there a point of no return after I begin the final mission. I know someone mentioned you need to beat all the cryptids for the true ending so wondering if I need to do that before I start it or if I'll be able to go back before confronting the final boss.

EDIT: Thoughts on Act 3:
    Anyone else think Arianrhod's confrontation was kind of weak? I was really hoping they'd play Unfathomable Force and have her go out in a blaze of glory instead of being cheap shotted by Rufus

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I think you need to do it before starting the final dungeons. Remember that you also need to finish all the side quests in the last chapter, including the ??????? Quest

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag