+ Reply to Thread
Page 48 of 85 FirstFirst ... 38 46 47 48 49 50 58 ... LastLast
    Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

Finish Zero. Pretty damn good game. Here's to hoping for a clean Azure copy surfaces soon.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Knee deep in Cold Steel 1 and loving it.

With the discussions about a new engine and a battle system change, it made me think about how freaking well a Valkyria Chronicles style game would work.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

I'll probably get some hate for this, but I finished watching a Let's Play of Trails in the Sky FC. Game and soundtrack were excellent. The person I watched did a 100% playthrough, which was nice, but it was awful that he would talk over dialogue about random shit... The other Let's play videos were worse.

Watching Second Chapter now. I wish Kaslo would upload TITS.

BG Level

Oh god wait til you get to the reunion scene. The feels will wreck you.

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by xElipsis View Post
    I'll probably get some hate for this, but I finished watching a Let's Play of Trails in the Sky FC. Game and soundtrack were excellent. The person I watched did a 100% playthrough, which was nice, but it was awful that he would talk over dialogue about random shit... The other Let's play videos were worse.

Watching Second Chapter now. I wish Kaslo would upload TITS.
    <.<

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Switch Port of Origin Coming on October 1st
    Retro cult-JRPG Ys Origin from developer and publisher Dotemu arrives on Switch on October 1 -Nintendo fans looking to scratch that distinct Ys itch don’t have much longer to wait . Dotemu and Limited Run Games are offering fans looking for a physical version in North America two different versions, standard and collector’s editions, to choose from while the modernized classic will also be available for purchase in the eShop.

Fans of the cult classic will be able to enjoy all of the same content as other platforms, including the speedrun mode that debuted on Xbox One earlier this year, as well as several of the iconic bosses players will face as they conquer the Devil’s Tower. Launched in 2017 on PlayStation 4 and PlayStation Vita from developer and publisher Dotemu, and later in 2019 on Xbox One, Ys Origin has been praised by international critics across all available platforms for its polish, modernization and memorable gameplay.

In Ys Origin, it is 700 years before the events of Ys I & II, and the land of Ys is on the brink of destruction. Demons arrived in droves and forced the twin Goddesses who ruled the land to whisk their subjects away from the surface, into the safe embrace of the clouds. The demons were persistent, however, erecting a massive tower in pursuit. The battle that raged upon the ground had begun ascending for a second round up above.

Fans who opt for Limited Run Games’ releases can choose between a standard version and a special collector’s edition which includes a poster, a physical copy of the game’s stirring soundtrack, an art book capturing scenes from Ys Origin’s surreal world, and a unique collector’s box. Demon slayers can keep tabs on both versions and their eventual release by following Limited Run Games. Pre-orders will be announced later this month.
    Links for the physical editions should they go on sale again;

https://limitedrungames.com/products...dd754979&_ss=r
    https://limitedrungames.com/products...dd754979&_ss=r

Because that's a huge dick move to put a sold out edition in the press release.

BG Level

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ziz Gorlin
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

god i wish i still liked falcom

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

What'd they do to rub you wrong?

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ziz Gorlin
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

some parts burned out from editing hundreds of hours for Geofront Zero/Azure, some parts disappointed with CS 4/Ys 9, several parts disappointed with the direction the OST took after Ys VIII. I hated CS4 and Ys 9's OST so much that I learned how to compose so I could replace all the stinkers in a PC mod.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Ahh, the first one definitely makes sense.

I won't ask for CS4 stuff because I don't want spoilers.

Friend of mine and I talked about the OST stuff regarding Ys. Not sure if it's a rose colored glasses thing, but while I think Lacrimosa had an ok Soundtrack (the tracks I liked, I really liked), it didn't quite hit me the same way as the others.

That something you experienced too?

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ziz Gorlin
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Lacrimosa of Dana is one of my favorite OSTs. Ys IX is a dumpster fire of outsourced generic rock tracks that all sound the same and are really low quality. Even worse when compounded with really poor usage by the sound director. The last two Falcom games have outsourced 50% (or more) of their OST.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Oh yuck. That's disheartening.

Hm..I think my favorite Ys soundtracks are tied between Oath and Celceta. Lacrimosa's in an odd spot for me; like I noted in the previous post, the ones I liked are pretty much 'Top Ys tracks period' for me (Sunshine Coast, or whatever the first areas), the ones that are 'lows' for me wasn't so much "ugh I hated this" but was like "huh, that fits the stage"

That said there hasn't been an Ys soundtrack I haven't liked, but what you say has me worried for IX.

Was the outsourcing present in CS4? Or just IX and Monstrum?

BG Level

Yeah I've heard stuff about the soundtrack quality in a few areas.

Haven't commented on IX's track yet since I want to see how good the music fits the mood of the scenes

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ziz Gorlin
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

CS4 is where it starts to get bad. Falcom out of nowhere decided to start outsourcing >50% of the boss themes to some guy who I, along with other hardcore fans don't like very much. The average Trails player doesn't really care/notice/doesn't care to notice and tend to get mad that we talk shit about the OST quality, though. It's especially frustrating because the internal sound team + Jindo continue to improve a ton, but they're just sidelined for this new guy. The guy who composed songs like Fateful Confrontation, Severe Blow, The Final Choice, Sunshine Coastline, Gens d'Armes, Spiral of Erebos etc. only got 7 songs in Ys IX and Hajimari.

BG Level

Wow that fucking sucks.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ziz Gorlin
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Well, if you like songs like Step Ahead, Proud Grudge, or Sword of Biting Gale, you'll be unaffected. I'm not trying to discourage anyone from enjoying Falcom, I'm just explaining why I don't like them much anymore. Music got me into them, and it'll probably get me out. I tried applying as a composer earlier this year but got rejected, but I think I'll apply once more next year, lol.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I never knew the name of that track until you said it, but damn, again, a case of "When I really like a song from Ys VIII, it gets it right". But yeah, with Corrderio, that sucks -- those are damn good themes. Especially Spiral of Erebos.

Ironically with Spiral, it felt like "Such an epic theme for a short dungeon"

BG Level

I don't mind those tracks but now that you mention it they do kinda feel out of place.

Is Falcom trying to outsource stuff to release stuff faster or something?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag