Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    So intense is kind of annoying too. Tried normal with unleash zerg with 3 berthas and yeah they were doing massive dmg to pets and for some reason going after my healer trusts like crazy but was doing ok until they all used divided we fall for 1500 dmg to everyone per mob
    The name of that ability makes me think that maybe there is a distance requirement.. Did you have them separated from each other?
    I've noticed the whole "we hate the backline" thing before.. Doesn't make sense why anything should be tearing up someone who has done literally nothing and shouldn't even be on the hate list yet. :/

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

So some preliminary testing based on what little data I had before the update suggests that rng auto ranged dmg has increased by 60% across the board. Specifically I tested about a year ago and was getting 1155 against lvl 0 mandies with 2 thunder maneuvers (was checking crit rate too I think) and now it's 1848. Before update (both this and the pdif one) my OD armor shatters would do 4500 w/0 vis 4590 with. And now it's 7200 and 7326 respectively. So guessing they just upped the pdif by that much based on that and my ls saying they aint seeing a big dmg change outside of those situations

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlko View Post
    The name of that ability makes me think that maybe there is a distance requirement.. Did you have them separated from each other?
    I've noticed the whole "we hate the backline" thing before.. Doesn't make sense why anything should be tearing up someone who has done literally nothing and shouldn't even be on the hate list yet. :/
    I'm triboxing couldn't really separate them much though might be able to pull them.... Should be fine if only 1 was doing it though

edit: nvm cant pull them separate they just lag a bit when aggroed

Aslo minimum of 3 mobs regardless of difficulty

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Am I the only one annoyed to have wardrobe 3/4 in the way when I try to swap gear in a different invent especially since I aint paying for those?

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Yes Dasva lol i was just sayin in LS. I usually jsut hit up to get to wardrobe 2 and down to get back quicker and now i got 2 things in the way

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

So in case anyone was wondering no Requiescat doesn't work on big bird when adds are out

Campaign
    BG Level

So... does this mean we're supposed to be spamming bird because Goblins are as undoable as Quadavs were?

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Kanriel View Post
    From what I've read one group beat it, confirmed only the lockstyle 1h sword dropped and everyone stopped caring.
    Link to post, blog or video please. I wanna read what they said about it. I searched both Japanese and English boards but couldn't find anyone. I know the dev team confirmed the sword already the day it was released during the live stream.

A gigantic waste of space
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Maurauc Baelfyr
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Goblins has some fun mechanics:
    Whenever a goblin is in range of another goblin, it gains an aura. It loses the aura if you're able to separate it from the rest. (about casting distance)

All the goblins synchronise moves, but they're different depending on aura. With aura, frypan and bomb toss will be replaced by Divided We Fall. Each one seems to be 1.5k damage to everyone in range. Separated, they're not as bad.

Additionally, there's additional goblins that can spawn. Not quite sure on the mechanics for this yet, but: The first one that tends to spawn charges a move called "Hear No Evil", which seems to be a 4.5k needles effect. The second goblin "baby goblin" will use a move called United We Fall, which is damage of some kind (didn't pay attention to that one as much.)

They are bindable and gravable, but build resistance fairly quickly. It seems like it could be not too bad to do Difficult (three goblins (RDM DRK WAR)) if you had two tanks, except occasionally there's some weirdness where sometimes maybe they only assist the don? Only happened a couple of times.

Hope some of this info helps someone!

Campaign
    BG Level

Can you NiTro Lullaby them? Or ES Sleepga?

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Maurauc Baelfyr
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Sechs View Post
    Can you NiTro Lullaby them? Or ES Sleepga?
    Sleep, Lullaby and Break are all completely resisted on the goblins.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

I had noticed the goblins in the fresh picked video had that afterglow effect near the end. Is that the aura indicator?

Campaign
    BG Level

Sounds like it's gonna be very complicated to do goblins then... Sigh. Not sure if I'm gonna be able to farm that many points doing the apkallu route ...

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Maurauc Baelfyr
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Yeah, Trumpy. That's the aura I'm on about. Only appears if they're close enough to each other.
    I was trying it on difficult, with 3, and I don't think they were awful to fight. We attempted the DRK most, and melee damage on it wasn't incredible, but managable. SCH SC damage worked a bit better.

And if Divided goes off, it's basically death for whoever it hits.

One other thing I remembered: Hear No Evil seemed to always target our WHM. There could be some mechanic to stop it or get it to target others.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Hear No Evil sounds like a great move to apply silence with

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

My LS has a group that got all items already doing VD Gobs. You have to separate them and kill the Don first you need 2 tanks to do this properly they used a Pld and a Pup Pld took the DRK and Pup too the one with GS WAR we think Blu killed Don Occultation negated CS kinda Brd could ES lullaby the last and they had no problem but they need to be separated or you are done PLD used Fealty once grabbed hate from the others and it was all over. I hink the rest of the setup was GEO WHM and a SCH for healing.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

The theme this month though for both normal and intense is screw people low manning. Whether it be having extra people to separate mobs in intense or having extra people to cover more dmg types or just to good zerging for normal. And of course this is the month they introduce dyes and the set I'm actually interested in

To elaborate on Neb's post. The BLM Gob is able to be slept with NT lullaby. VD is easy, only real issue is the WHM will die unless you kill Don while CS is still up. If it TP's after CS is done, it spawns an add that uses a Bomb Toss move for 5700+ on WHM with MDT gear on. Seems to only hit the WHM. Party set up was PLD WHM BRD PUP GEO BLU. ACC is a bit of an issue with Ravager NM, so Torpor/Precision when on that. Other wise, pretty easy. GL!!!

Also whoever is putting the recipes for the new rings on BGwiki is either missing ingredients or being a dick and trying to raise prices of mats that are not part of the synth D:

Edit: They had the wrong crystal on one of the synths is all. I corrected that page.

i should really shut up
    You can safely ignore me I am a troll

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Cdubs2382 View Post
    Also whoever is putting the recipes for the new rings on BGwiki is either missing ingredients or being a dick and trying to raise prices of mats that are not part of the synth D:

Edit: They had the wrong crystal on one of the synths is all. I corrected that page.
    Geeze, mess up one crystal out of all the synths (all other rings in alchemy are light) and suddenly you are some AIDS infested numbskull. TY for fixing it.

That being said just found out the synths are all 116, correcting accordingly.

EDIT:Hmm, hold on here, something is funny. We might have different leveled items this update of 115-117.

I am 105 CC and cant see the sash in the suggestions after a lot of spamming. A 106 smither is spamming and getting the belt, but no ring.

Meanwhile 110 alchemist is getting the body and ring over and over. Should be just the ring if the ring is 116.