Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zane Farus
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Thanks guys for the tips, definitely don't feel as worried as before!

Pay No Attention to the Man Behind the Curtain
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ragns Meuhie
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dantrag View Post
    I want to mention too that being honest is important. If you don't know. Don't lie or BS.
    ^ This more than anything. I interviewed a bunch of programmers and some tech support guys in the last few months and this gets a big no no from me.

If you try to bullshit me in my face I'll ask more questions on the subject until you end up contradicting yourself.

Don't look too desperate either. If you agree to everything I say I'll assume you don't know jack shit and just want the job no matter what. Another sign of this is if you just spam the buzzwords that were written in the job offer.

If you have knowledge on certain subjects then back it with experience, events, stories, etc...

If you lack the knowledge on other subjects tell me that you can Google the answer or check it on stackoverflow.

Attitude, personality and compatibility with the team > technical knowledge.

Also never ever shit talk your former employers/coworkers during the interview. I've seen this happen way too many times.

Anyway my interview process is usually me looking at you like this for 20 minutes: