+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Sea Torques
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Robertfb View Post
    Well I cannot complete U+ CM atm, Levi just does so much fucking dmg even with Shellga + Magic Breakdown + Full Break, his deluge does at least 2k aoe and he loves to spam it near death, I may try again when I put Kain/Edge/Edward through Sundailies.
    That asshole just wiped my party with three deluges in a row...

It seems like as soon as Asura dies Leviathan got nuts.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Hada View Post
    That asshole just wiped my party with three deluges in a row...

It seems like as soon as Asura dies Leviathan got nuts.
    Turns out the bad moves are actually locked until a certain number of turns pass. 4 turns for AoE blizzara, 5 turns for single target blizzaja, 6 for AoE blizzaga, and 8 turns for deluge, so it ends up being a dps race similar to U Rufus a while back with what is effectively a soft-rage at turn 8. Wall is probably worth bringing afterall if you're lacking the burst to win the fight quick enough, since it mitigates everything other than the water plume/cannon single target attacks.

BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    BG Level

I got this fight in the bag if I just get Edward and Edge up in level. Right now they're just too low to survive major hits but Edge is soloing Asura with his damage.

I might drop the katana RM and go with doublecast Celerity.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

U+ seemed easier than Sephiroth's but I could've just been lucky and used strats from the thread.
    Silly build I used, but worked out. One minor scare with Deluge (used only once) but that was all. Forgot to give Cloud a FFIV sword.
    RW was Mighty Guard for the Shell/Regen.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Quote Originally Posted by Corwen View Post
    Turns out the bad moves are actually locked until a certain number of turns pass. 4 turns for AoE blizzara, 5 turns for single target blizzaja, 6 for AoE blizzaga, and 8 turns for deluge, so it ends up being a dps race similar to U Rufus a while back with what is effectively a soft-rage at turn 8. Wall is probably worth bringing afterall if you're lacking the burst to win the fight quick enough, since it mitigates everything other than the water plume/cannon single target attacks.
    Tyvm for the info, decided to change my setup from somewhat defensive to flat out offensive. Now I don't have to level Ed/Edge/Kain to 80 this Sundaily.

Setup:

Spoiler: show
    Pecil had no SB, Kain had Gungnir (DEF/RES -50%, so I used MM on him to get more DMG out of Asura in beginning, Ed had Fabled Harp, Edge had the 8x lightning SB, and Rosa had a shared SB, RW was Shout

Prime Minister of Salt

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Omega Deathbringer
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Cid's Ult+ done. Damn that was a pain in the ass with Asura's heals/hasting.

Setup:

80 P.Cecil: Lifesiphon & Banishing Strike R.4 (BSB)
    65 Kain: Tempo Flurry R.4 & Leaching Leap R.3 (default)
    65 Edward: Full Break R.2 & Magic Breakdown R.4 (Fabled Song)
    70 Rydia: Thundaga R.4 & Valefor R.5 (Summon Shiva(not used))
    65 Rosa: Curaja R.5 & Shellga R.3 (shared medica)

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Fran even died at the end and I still got max medals, lol.

Also, fucking Pecil is such a beast lol, dude hitting 9999 Banishing Strikes on both U and U+ with Excalibur.

Cake Mix
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Another U/U+ where I don't have my chars leveled enough to do this, but doing it with my regular team and..1/1 on both of em. First time Asura/Levi I lost two people, but I'd done the other conditions so it was an easy mastery.

Wind bitch was a joke. Cecil destroyed her D:

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Can't deal enough dmg for this u+ cm melee or Mage meta

Gear is too weak, even with shout and lolmythrilrefresh and got offence +10%. I'm missing abilities when leviathan hits 40%

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

i crushed these handily with a-teams but i don't quite have the characters for CM, shame because i can cover the full trinity in IV after banner 1. rosa in particular is pretty insane once you realize you can just give her wrath + knight's charge and keep magic blink on nearly fulltime.

rydia's my only 80 in IV right now though, and while kain/rosa are getting up there, i'd need to burn a bunch of eggs on edward to get him up to speed and it doesn't seem worth it for a couple orbs.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Trying to clear the U+ CM without using unique SBs in my party is not working out. Going offensive I can't clear fast enough before deluge/blizzaga spam wipes me out. Going defensive similar to my U+ Sephiroth build I can easily survive for a long time, but then I run out of hones and unable to win.

I'm thinking at least 1-2 good unique SBs are needed to have a viable shot so anyone who didn't get anything good is probably out of luck, and I'd definitely not advise pulling simply for the sake of clearing CMs for a meager 2 orbs. For those lucky enough to have pulled edward's harp, the following mage build worked great for me with just 1 unique SB:

Edward 65 - Full Break r2 / Enveloping Etude r2 / Mako Might / Song of Swiftness
    Rosa 65 - Curaja r5 / Shellga r3 / Doublecast / Shared Medica
    Rydia 70 - Thundaja r4 / Maduin r4 / Vow of Vengeance / No SB
    Palom 65 - Thundaja r4 / Meteor r3 / Magic Madness / No SB
    Golbez 65 - Dark Zone r3 / Memento Mori r3 / Devotion / No SB

RW - Wall

Buff up, use dark zone + AoEs to take out asura with AoEs giving you a little bit of a head start on leviathan, then take out leviathan by exploiting the thunder weakness + dark zone. S/L if leviathan gets shelled or hasted at any point or if asura is shelled early in the fight.

Obviously, this build ignores the target score for slowing asura, so you will need to take care of that with your A-team for mastery

EDIT: Someone did manage a clear with no unique SBs on reddit - https://www.reddit.com/r/FFRecordKee...no_unique_sbs/

Sea Torques
    BG Level

I cleared the U+ CM last night and playing around today I managed to get a mastery clear.

Kain was by far the MVP. Two SSB uses did just over 50k damage and I was really short on hones by the time I beat Levi. I don't think I could have done it without that. Dragoon jump was doing great damage too. High 9k's per hit against Asura really burst her down fast.

Edward used the celebration blade for slow buster to proc the slow medal condition. It's not a 100% slow so I would S/L if it didn't proc.

I did make sure to reapply pro/shellga as necessary to deal with dispel spam.

Also I'm kind of amazed that I was able to do it since my synergy is shit for IV. I only used 2 natural IV 5*s for this setup.

I forgot to add that I used shout as the RW.

BG Level

If anyone find a guide for ULT+ CM with 0 Unique SB and almost 0 synergy

bring it this way (Mastering is not an obligation)

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Ratatapa View Post
    If anyone find a guide for ULT+ CM with 0 Unique SB and almost 0 synergy

bring it this way (Mastering is not an obligation)
    https://www.reddit.com/r/FFRecordKee...no_unique_sbs/ posted this 2 posts above yours, though if you arent able to produce 2 mage sticks and a melee weapon with synergy it might not work so well.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

https://www.reddit.com/r/FFRecordKee...no_unique_sbs/ posted this 2 posts above yours, though if you arent able to produce 2 mage sticks and a melee weapon with synergy it might not work so well.
    I tried out that strat and managed to get the clear.

I did have to make a few changes though. I have two mage sticks but only used a 4*++ dagger on Decil. I do have Golbez' axe but I didn't have a chance to use his SB. I switched Tellah to Fusoya so I could use his default AoE regen SB at the beginning. It did help somewhat with healing even with dispel spam. I still had two shared heal SB's too

BG Level

Managed to get U+ down to only Levi at about 30-40% but then some RNG knocks out my main DDs (Rydia + Edge's SB).

Pretty sure I'll be able to handle the CM before I throw my A-team at it and decimate the fuck out of them.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Same setup for U+ except Wall instead of Shout (used Souleater) and only Expert cause didn't bring Slow and lost a medal for damage taken.

BG Level

Trying to clear the U+ CM without using unique SBs in my party is not working out. Going offensive I can't clear fast enough before deluge/blizzaga spam wipes me out. Going defensive similar to my U+ Sephiroth build I can easily survive for a long time, but then I run out of hones and unable to win.

I'm thinking at least 1-2 good unique SBs are needed to have a viable shot so anyone who didn't get anything good is probably out of luck, and I'd definitely not advise pulling simply for the sake of clearing CMs for a meager 2 orbs. For those lucky enough to have pulled edward's harp, the following mage build worked great for me with just 1 unique SB:

Edward 65 - Full Break r2 / Enveloping Etude r2 / Mako Might / Song of Swiftness
    Rosa 65 - Curaja r5 / Shellga r3 / Doublecast / Shared Medica
    Rydia 70 - Thundaja r4 / Maduin r4 / Vow of Vengeance / No SB
    Palom 65 - Thundaja r4 / Meteor r3 / Magic Madness / No SB
    Golbez 65 - Dark Zone r3 / Memento Mori r3 / Devotion / No SB

RW - Wall

Buff up, use dark zone + AoEs to take out asura with AoEs giving you a little bit of a head start on leviathan, then take out leviathan by exploiting the thunder weakness + dark zone. S/L if leviathan gets shelled or hasted at any point or if asura is shelled early in the fight.

Obviously, this build ignores the target score for slowing asura, so you will need to take care of that with your A-team for mastery

EDIT: Someone did manage a clear with no unique SBs on reddit - https://www.reddit.com/r/FFRecordKee...no_unique_sbs/
    He has amazing synergy compared to mine lol

BG Level

Finally got this. Amazingly enough I mastered it.

I would prefer not to.
    Moms Spaghetti
    Philly Special

BG Level

mastered barb with no deaths with cm team, went with a shout RW and the idea to kill her before she killed me. not too bad

cleared ult+ with A team but struggling with CM. was using SG RW for it and I can turtle up no problem but it takes way too long to kill asura. thinking about switching to a shout strat but asura will probably rip people to shreds.

i have decent ff4 synergy but no greats SBs (kains blood lance, pecil mythgraven, generic flame sword)

edit: maybe I can try corwen's strat with golbez