+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

FFRK - A Summoner Grown (FF4) Event & Strategies

"Cecil, Rosa. I cannot bring myself to face you both, not yet." - Kain

"This battle is ours as much as anyone's. Cecil said so himself. And having some Eidolons along can't hurt, can it?" - Rydia

"Ooh, time for training!" - Yang

Event Start Date: July 13
    Event Bonus Battle: July 16
    Event End Date: July 23

All Information is taken from a mixture of Reddit/Spreadsheets/Kongpakbao Site.

Most, if not all info for the event (Commentary/Ultimate Abilities was directly copy/pasted from it, so all credit to the site for that especially!) comes from this site: http://ffrk.kongbakpao.com/event-67/

Notable Rewards
    Adult Rydia Dress Record

Blood of the Dragoon
    • 4* DRG Ability
    • 1 hit (2.20) Ranged Single Target Non-Elemental PHY and grants No Air Time to User for 2 Turns

Dragonfire Dive
    • 5* DRG Ability
    • 2 hit (2.35 per hit) Ranged Single Target Non-Elemental PHY
    • Air Time = 3.50 seconds

New Characters Acquired
    Yang (Combat:5 Celerity:3 MNK:5)

Old Characters Acquired
    Kain
    Rosa
    Edge
    Edward

Memory Crystals

Kain MC1/MC2
    Rosa MC1/MC2
    Edge MC1/MC2
    Edward MC1/MC2
    1x Soul of Hero
    1x MC1/MC2 Lode

New Record Materia

Yang MC1: Chance to restore 1 monk ability use at the start of battle
    Yang MC2: ATK decreases, but Attack now hits all targets.
    Kain MC2: Moderate DMG increase in "Jump" attacks.
    Rosa MC2: Moderate MND increase when equipping Bows.
    Edge MC2: Moderate increase in Fire DMG dealt.
    Edward MC2: Begin the battle with Sap, but gain increased DEF and RES.

Record Sphere
    Kain: Knight: DEF1/ATK1/HP100/DEF1/DEF2 Warrior: ATK1/HP70/DEF1/ATK1/ATK2 Ranger: DEF1/RES1/ATK1/HP60/ATK2 DRK: DEF2/DEF5/HP220/ATK6/Spear PHY dam. +3% DRG: ATK3/DEF4/HP220/ATK5/DRG dam. +6% Gladiator: DEF3/HP200/ATK5/ATK6/Celerity 3* > 4*
    Rydia: BLM: MAG1/HP40/RES1/MAG2/BLM dam. +3% DNC: MND1/MAG1/RES1/HP55/MAG2 RDM: MAG1/DEF1/MAG1/HP60/MAG2 Magus: MAG3/HP100/RES3/MAG6/BLM Magic dam. +6% SMN: MAG3/SMN dam. +3%/HP120/MAG6/SMN dam. +6% Illusionist: MAG3/RES3/HP130/MND6/Silence Imm. (minor)

Characters Needed for Battles
    None

Cid Missions
    Defeat Ultimate Dungeon "Tempest (Ultimate)" with a party of only FF4 Characters.
    Defeat Ultimate+ Dungeon "Lords of the Eidolons (Ultimate+)" with a party of only FF4 Characters.

Relics

Banner 1
    Spoiler: show
    Excalibur: BSB, P. Cecil, 5 hit (1.02 per hit) Ranged All Target Holy PHY and Self En-Holy & Haste + Burst Mode [Attack: 1 hit (2.30) Single Target Holy PHY and Self Cura (h60) Defend: 2 hit (0.79 per hit) All Target Holy PHY]
    Wyvern Lance: SSB, Kain, 4 hit (1.95 per hit) Ranged Single Target Non-Elemental PHY and Self No Air Time for 3 turns
    Artemis Bow: SSB, Rosa, All Allies Curaga (h85) & Magic Blink
    Shadowblade: SB, D. Cecil, 2 hit (2.50 per hit) Single Target Non-Elemental PHY and All Allies ATK+35% for 25 seconds
    Dream Harp: SB, Edward, All Allies MAG+30% & Hastega
    Kotetsu: SB, Edge, 8 hit (0.66 per hit) Single Target Lightning PHY and Paralyze and Slow (100%)
    Luminous Robe: Shared SB All Allies Shellga
    Dark Gloves

Banner 2
    Spoiler: show
    Deathbringer: SSB, D. Cecil, 6 hit (1.53 per hit) Single Target Non-Elemental PHY and Self -30% HP DMG
    Sasuke's Katana: SSB, Edge, 4 hit (1.45 per hit) Instant Ranged All Target Fire PHY
    Mystic Whip: SSB, Rydia, 6 hit (2.37 per hit) All Target Non-Elemental MAG and Enemy Instant KO (100%) and All Allies DEF+50% for 25 seconds [Minimum DMG: 525]
    Faerie Claws: SB, Yang, 3 hit (1.40 per hit) Ranged All Target Non-Elemental PHY and All Allies Blink
    Stardust Rod: SB, Tellah, 4 hit (3.30 per hit) All Target Non-Elemental MAG and Self -50% HP DMG
    White Dress: SB, Rosa, All Allies Protectga & Shellga
    Luminous Robe: Shared SB All Allies Shellga
    Dark Gloves

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Bonus Battles
    Confronting Fate +
    • Calca & Brina
      HP: ~28700 each
      Target Score: Defeat Calca & Brina without being KO'd, Defeat Calca & Brina before they combine.
      • Weak: None
      • Absorbs: None
      • Resists: None
      • Vulnerabilities: Poison Abilities, Silence Abilities, Paralyze Abilities, Slow Abilities, Blind Abilities, and Berserk Abilities
    • Golbez
      HP: ~74700 (Golbez), ~43100 (Shadow Dragon)
      Target Score: Defeat Golbez without being KO'd, Exploit Golbez's weakness to holy attacks.
      • Weak: Fire or Water or Lighting (Depending on Golbez's weakness phases) & Holy (Both)
      • Null: None
      • Absorbs: None
      • Vulnerabilities: Slow Abilities, and Stun Abilities

Commentary
    Calca & Brina: Use strong AoEs to take them out together. Beware they hit pretty hard.
    Golbez: If you got Alexander, this duo will melt.

Recommended abilities: AoE (Alexander), Banishing Strike, Saint Cross, Diaga
    Recommended RW: SG/SS2, Tyro BSB, Scream

TOTAL medals = 30 medals
    , meaning you can only lose a max of 5 medals to get Mastery.

Mad Scientist ++
    Lugaeborg
    HP: ~175600
    Target Score:
    • Defeat Lugaeborg without being KO'd.
    • Exploit Lugaeborg's weakness to lightning attacks.

Weak: Lightning
    Absorbs: None
    Vulnerabilities: Slow Abilities, and Stun Abilities

Commentary

Note you only have 2 target scores for this boss. Use your lightning attacks to take him down quick

Recommended abilities: Any
    Recommended RW: SG/SS2, Scream

Total medals = 15, meaning you can only afford to lose TWO medals to get Mastery.

The Trinity's Onslaught +++
    Magus Sisters
    HP: ~84000 (Sandy), ~103000 (Cindy), ~84000 (Mindy)
    Target Score:
    • Defeat Magus Sisters without being KO'd.
    • Remove Reflect on Cindy.
    • Defeat Cindy first.

Weak: None
    Resist: None
    Null: None
    Vulnerabilities: Silence Abilities, Blind Abilities, Poison Abilities, Sap Abilities, Stun Abilities (all 3), Berserk Abilities (Mindy)

Commentary

If you have strong AoEs and plan to take them all down together, remember that one of the target scores is to defeat Cindy first.

Other than that, make sure to dispel the Reflect on Cindy and/or tank up with Protectga/Shellga.

Recommended abilities: Banishing Strike / Dispel, AoE, Shellga, Protectga
    Recommended RW: SG/SS2, Scream, Tyro BSB

Total medals = 18, meaning you can only afford to lose 3 medals to get Mastery.

Tempest (U)
    Barbariccia
    HP: ~?
    Target Score:
    • Disrupt Barbariccia's tornado form with Jump.
    • Dispel Barbariccia's Haste.
    • Reduce Barbariccia's MAG.

Resists: Earth and Wind
    Vulnerabilities: None

Abilities

► Normal

Attack: Deal physical damage to one target.
    Aeroga: Deal special wind magic damage to one target.
    Vacuum: Deal moderate special ranged wind physical damage to all targets.
    One Million Volts: Deal moderate special lightning magic damage to all targets.
    Haste: Grant Haste to one target.
    Maelstrom (Counter): Deal massive damage to all targets, proportional to their HP. (trigger: magic attacks)

► Whirlwind

Tornado: Deal heavy water damage to one target.
    Triple Aeroga: Deal special wind magic damage three times to one target.
    Vacuum: Deal moderate special ranged wind physical damage to all targets.
    One Million Volts: Deal moderate special lightning magic damage to all targets.
    Storm: Deal special ranged wind physical damage to all targets (ignores DEF)
    Lightning (Counter): Deal lightning damage to all targets, proportional to their max HP.

Commentary

Barbariccia always starts her first turn with Haste so be sure to Dispel it ASAP.

Every turn she has a chance to enter Whirlwind state, beware when attacking her lest you trigger her Maelstrom counters.

Keep Barbariccia’s damage to a minimum by stacking Break/Breakdowns.

Recommended abilities: Protectga, Shellga, defensive Breakdowns, Jumps

Lords of the Eidolons (U+)
    Leviathan + Asura
    HP: ~?? (Both)
    Target Score:
    • Reduce Leviathan's MAG.
    • Defeat Asura first.
    • Afflict Asura with Slow.

Weak: Lightning (Leviathan)
    Resists: None
    Null: None
    Vulnerabilities: None

Abilities

► Asura (Benevolence)

Curaga: Restore a large amount of HP to the target.
    Esuna: Remove all debuffs from one target.
    Dispel: Remove any White Magic buffs from one target.
    Attack: Deal heavy physical damage to one target.
    Attack (Counter): Deal heavy physical damage to one target.

► Asura (Joy)

Raise: Revive one KO’d target.

► Asura (Anger)

Protect: Grant Protect to one target.
    Shell: Grant Shell to one target.
    Haste: Grant Haste to one target.
    Slow: Slow one target.
    Attack: Deal heavy physical damage to one target.

► Leviathan (Normal)

Attack: Deal physical damage to one target.
    Deluge: Deal massive water damage to all targets.
    Blizzaga: Deal heavy ice damage to all targets.
    Blizzara: Deal moderate ice damage to all targets.
    Blizzaja: Deal very heavy ice damage to one target.
    Double Water Gun: Deal heavy special water physical damage two times to random targets.
    Water Radiation: Deal heavy special water physical damage to one target (ignores DEF)

Commentary

• You fight both Asura & Leviathan at the same time.
    • If Leviathan is defeated, Asura will cast Raise on Leviathan on the next turn.

Asura counters your attacks at a pretty high rate, and without mitigation they hit for ~3.5k at least. You could nullify it with Tauntaliate, or you could use a mixture of buff and debuffs to reduce that damage.

Make sure to Slow Asura, other than that defeat her ASAP, which then makes the fight much easier.

As for Leviathan, keep your party Shelled and stack Magic Break/Breakdowns to lower Leviathan damage. Leviathan has a couple of physical water attacks as well. You can reduce water damage with the Water Bangle from the Abyss dungeons.

Leviathan is weak to lightning attacks so you may wish to take advantage of that for a quick kill.

Recommended abilities: Draw Fire + Retaliate, Slowga / Tempo Flurry, AoE, Protectga, Shellga, defensive Breakdowns.

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Really funny that they removed the 'Bring Kain' requirement for the CM Mission, and changed it to full PT of FFIV, but you still need to jump on her as a medal

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Quote Originally Posted by Ratatapa View Post
    Really funny that they removed the 'Bring Kain' requirement for the CM Mission, and changed it to full PT of FFIV, but you still need to jump on her as a medal
    Pretty much, but it does help make it easier since you only need the clear to complete the CM and some people may not have Kain leveled up yet still have a fully leveled FFIV party. I know damn well I wouldn't have had as much issues with FF10 CM if it didn't force me to bring a underleveled Auron instead of my fully leveled SB Jecht.

BG Level

That's true

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

They REALLY need to give us an orbfest for all these 60 stamina Cid Missions. I'm not going to have any spare eggs soon.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Had trouble with final commentary for Ult+ since saying the water Acc's name from abyss dungeons for some reason triggers BG's anti-piracy.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Robertfb View Post
    Had trouble with final commentary for Ult+ since saying the water Acc's name from abyss dungeons for some reason triggers BG's anti-piracy.
    just call it torrAnt

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Quote Originally Posted by Ratatapa View Post
    just call it torrAnt
    Ah that explains why it triggered lol.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

I always knew Edward was a Sap.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Black Belt Gi for P1/P2 got replaced with Luminous Robe, so changed that accordingly on OP.

BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    BG Level

I thought that was odd. I was like wtf happened to the Gi... Then I drew a robe and scratched my head because I had no clue what it was.

My 4 synergy is terrible. I think I only have a generic sword, Rydia's whip, Golbez' armor, Rosa armor, Edward's Harp, and Kain's spear.

So that's pretty much my party. I can pick from Rosa/Rydia/Cecil/Porom for my 70+ then I have Edge (lolno), Edward (yup), Golbez (err, maybe), and Kain (no question) to throw into the fights.

I'm torn, since I really want to pull the Quisty banner. I imagine I won't get much of anything from pulling here, and every time I do a pull I get a single relic while some of you guys get 3-4 5*s.

BG Level

I think this will be a hard ULT+ for me lol, first event that even my A team cannot 1 shot 99 trash (not talking the single dragons)

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by kuronosan View Post
    I thought that was odd. I was like wtf happened to the Gi... Then I drew a robe and scratched my head because I had no clue what it was.

My 4 synergy is terrible. I think I only have a generic sword, Rydia's whip, Golbez' armor, Rosa armor, Edward's Harp, and Kain's spear.

So that's pretty much my party. I can pick from Rosa/Rydia/Cecil/Porom for my 70+ then I have Edge (lolno), Edward (yup), Golbez (err, maybe), and Kain (no question) to throw into the fights.

I'm torn, since I really want to pull the Quisty banner. I imagine I won't get much of anything from pulling here, and every time I do a pull I get a single relic while some of you guys get 3-4 5*s.
    At least you have some weapons lol. I only have armor for IV

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Alkar View Post
    At least you have some weapons lol. I only have armor for IV
    my best weapon is dancing dagger IV ++ then dacing dagger IV + then non synergy stuff

BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    BG Level

Looks like Edge just went from lolno to lolyep.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Quote Originally Posted by kuronosan View Post
    Looks like Edge just went from lolno to lolyep.
    His katana will be a godsend too for MP Cagnazzo if we do get him, can destroy his Surge phase with just one cast. Also noticed it'll be a godsend against lightning weak bosses even though its a standard SB.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Robertfb View Post
    His katana will be a godsend too for MP Cagnazzo if we do get him, can destroy his Surge phase with just one cast. Also noticed it'll be a godsend against lightning weak bosses even though its a standard SB.
    I don't think it works that way. In this video of MP Cagnazzo ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=33-XN_YfCBs @ 4:30ish mark) this person uses ashe's 8 hit lightning bsb and the surge count is only decreasing by 1, same deal with her the 4 hit lightning burst command. I'm pretty sure its 8 separate actions with lightning damage needed to break it like the U+ fight we recently had.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Corwen View Post
    I don't think it works that way. In this video of MP Cagnazzo ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=33-XN_YfCBs @ 4:30ish mark) this person uses ashe's 8 hit lightning bsb and the surge count is only decreasing by 1, same deal with her the 4 hit lightning burst command. I'm pretty sure its 8 separate actions with lightning damage needed to break it like the U+ fight we recently had.
    Double Cast abilities should still count as 2 hits though. A Blood of Espers Thundaja reduced the count by 2, as did a doublecast Ramuh and Thundara Strike. If that holds then a Blood of Espers Thundaga Fury should count for 4 hits.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I can personally verify that double cast RM procs on the U+ we had counted twice, presumably since its considered 2 separate actions when it triggers. I'm not so sure the new 5* nukes that hit twice would count twice though seeing as it is still 1 action, but I could be wrong there. Multi hit SBs and their burst commands are definitely not counting based on the video I linked though.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast