+ Reply to Thread
    Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Gimmeurselables (FFXI Player) has passed away. Account ID is Manieczki

So just found out one of my closer ffxi friends just died. Guy gets into more accidents on his bike then CS and finally caught up I guess. Hadn't really talked to him much for awhile since he recently got engaged but still hitting harder than I thought it would. Also feeling really weird about playing his account that he gave me awhile back

The Anti Miz
    The Anti Miz of the House of Weave

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    So just found out one of my closer ffxi friends just died. Guy gets into more accidents on his bike then CS and finally caught up I guess. Hadn't really talked to him much for awhile since he recently got engaged but still hitting harder than I thought it would. Also feeling really weird about playing his account that he gave me awhile back
    who was it on ffxi? perhaps others here would like to mourn

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by tyven View Post
    who was it on ffxi? perhaps others here would like to mourn
    Honestly I forget his original character name. Dude changed servers a bunch before he quit and kept changing his names lol. Account ID is Manieczki but that doesn't sound right. Real name David Irwin though if that helps for those that knew him.

I'm more gentle than I look.
    Mr. Feathers AKA Mr. Striations
    All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

^
    Pretty much the same. I have him on Facebook, and all our mutual friends are from FFXIAH, so I put two and two together to know he's one of my XI friends, but I can't even remember his forum name (this is generally the case w/ the majority of forum friends on Facebook. I know our common interest and where I know you from, but not who you are in most cases. I know Dasva simply because he posts a lot on the forums and is active on my news feed)

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

So Latest name of what I think was the main character was Gimmeurselables which looking up on ffxiah seems was that for awhile since several mutual friends from back when I was on the site commented on those pages. Pretty sure he got banned awhile back though

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

So he got ran over by a bus on his bike or what?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Close. From what I could find looks like a box truck hit him while he was on his motorcycle. But yeah he got in a ton of accidents on his motorcycle so would always be a joke about him getting into wrecks

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Jesus Christ. Condolences.

Our state DOT often shows the annual deaths on the electronic signs. We're over 50 motorcyclists and 30 pedestrians already with 700-800 in total I think.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

It may be just a really big coincidence, but I've been playing on an XI private server (Era) for the last few months, and someone with the account name Gimmeurselables seems to have been a player there since 2014 and his player names were LiamNeeson and Hardstyle if that helps jog anyones memory as to who he may have been on retail XI.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quit possibly him. After he gave me his official account he kept playing on private servers. I believe he said he only played lvl cap 75 ones.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

I met Manieczki, Liamneeson, Hardstyle, David Irwin, on FFEra and we quickly became good friends. I can confirm it is indeed the same person and I'm absolutely crushed by this whole ordeal.

He was a really good guy, always full of energy, always talking, always talking about his damn Yamaha.

I'm still going through all the motions but this is a tough pill to swallow, I'll miss him a lot.

http://www.noozhawk.com/article/chp_...y_101_accident
    http://www.noozhawk.com/article/inju...ara_olive_mill

R.I.P. Homie

Sea Torques
    BG Level

While I didn't know him personally, I still wish you the best in your grieving.

This forum has been my longest connection to anything and everything gaming since I was 14/15 (27 this weekend).