FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Just got a successful order on gamestop's mobile app

BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

I'd like to reiterate how pissed off I am at the earlier walmart debacle...

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Serra View Post
    I'd like to reiterate how pissed off I am at the earlier walmart debacle...
    same

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

I'm telling yall, Pi it up!

R-P-TRIPLE.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Keep suggesting emulation or original hardware as if that's what Classic seekers seek.

I thought we've went over this a couple times now.

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Toys R Us and Nintendo Store will not have preorders apparently.

Member since 2006 and still can't think of a title.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Think Geek had preorders if you didn't mind bundle prices went from 149.99 to 249.99

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

I might have been able to order one off Target's website. Got a confirmation # and everything, but I'm still suspicious.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Quote Originally Posted by Roranora View Post
    Keep suggesting emulation or original hardware as if that's what Classic seekers seek.

I thought we've went over this a couple times now.
    Yeah, why I said aside collector/flipping value, the only real draw is if this Starfox 2 is different than the "99%" version that was released a handful of years back. Otherwise, making your own I'd suggest, I mostly planned to mod mine as well since it saves money on 3D printing a case lol.

YOU BLACK, MIDNIGHT, EVIL MOTHERFUCKERS!!! BLACK MAGIC, DARKNESS!!! YOU RAW, DARKNESS!!! YOU, FUCKING, DELIRIOUS MOTHERFUCKER!
    You were cold as ice.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sho Ryuuken
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Destinye View Post
    Yeah, why I said aside collector/flipping value, the only real draw is if this Starfox 2 is different than the "99%" version that was released a handful of years back. Otherwise, making your own I'd suggest, I mostly planned to mod mine as well since it saves money on 3D printing a case lol.
    As I mentioned before, it will be dumped as a ROM. It's also the complete game and will likely run at 30 FPS perfectly unlike the shitty 10~20 FPS that the original StarFox ran at. The current StarFox 2 that's around was dumped and completed way back when by some coders who wanted to make sure the game was released, but it's not the same as Nintendo devs themselves putting the finishing touches on, or changing a few things about the game. Now what CAN happen is that Nintendo also goes the lazy route and dumps the game as is, which would make that version of the game slightly worse than the current ROM...

The collectors value is exceptionally high however -- no matter what you think about it, it's a certified, Nintendo branded product.

There's already listings for 200-500$ on ebay now, lol.

Also ironic... the prices for Earthbound came down from 250-260 to 170~190, lol.

YOU BLACK, MIDNIGHT, EVIL MOTHERFUCKERS!!! BLACK MAGIC, DARKNESS!!! YOU RAW, DARKNESS!!! YOU, FUCKING, DELIRIOUS MOTHERFUCKER!
    You were cold as ice.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sho Ryuuken
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Melena View Post
    Think Geek had preorders if you didn't mind bundle prices went from 149.99 to 249.99

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Sho View Post
    It's also the complete game and will likely run at 30 FPS perfectly unlike the shitty 10~20 FPS that the original StarFox ran at.
    I'll be curious to see how the SuperFX emulation is on this box, since a lot of emulators for the longest time fucked up and had it render frames involving them too fast, throwing off music queues and the like in games like Zelda's triforce intro, or the boss encounters in Starfox 1.

I got my pre-order instore because I missed out on getting an NES Classic and online sources were sold out immediately, and I just want one for the novelty/collector's value. Maybe get an adapter for the SNES controllers and use them on my PC as well. At least they have a proper cord length this time around and Nintendo knew better to include two of them.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Honest to god if I were to be willing to camp out Toys-R-US for this shit how should I prep myself?

Like when should I start checking for the line and shit. I got Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday off.

You were cold as ice.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sho Ryuuken
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Fiye View Post
    Honest to god if I were to be willing to camp out Toys-R-US for this shit how should I prep myself?

Like when should I start checking for the line and shit. I got Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday off.
    Prolly show up at like 9-10 PM (when your store closes basically) or so and stay overnight until it opens the next day when it opens (usually 9 or 10 AM). If select stores decide to open up at midnight (maybe) you may wanna show up earlier. Have some food/snacks with you, or at least someone in line with you so that you can hold your place.

Honestly not even sure how this is going to be handled by this store chain because it's not a Black Friday firesale or anything. There's no way this isn't going to suck however... fucking insane that people will be in lines across the country for an 80$ box. >_>

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Sho View Post
    There's no way this isn't going to suck however... fucking insane that people will be in lines across the country for an 80$ box. >_>
    $80 box of fucking nostalga thank you very much

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

I think I'll just wait for someone to just ROM dump Star Fox 2 so I don't have to deal with Nintendo's BS if this continues to be the trend.

You were cold as ice.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sho Ryuuken
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Fiye View Post
    $80 box of fucking nostalga thank you very much
    Oh I'll be there with you in the trenches. XD

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syaoran Li
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Quote Originally Posted by Corrderio View Post
    I think I'll just wait for someone to just ROM dump Star Fox 2 so I don't have to deal with Nintendo's BS if this continues to be the trend.
    Or Nintendo could just be putting these games on the Switch instead of selling separate products that don't need to exist!

Spoiler: show
    I'm going to keep complaining about this because the Switch could really use more games, and Nintendo has a huge amount that could be there.

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Scythiroth View Post
    Or Nintendo could just be putting these games on the Switch instead of selling separate products that don't need to exist!

Spoiler: show
    I'm going to keep complaining about this because the Switch could really use more games, and Nintendo has a huge amount that could be there.
    That too. Seriously VC for Switch where?

You were cold as ice.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sho Ryuuken
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

SNES mini is gonna be one per customer at Toys R Us.