Art Connesseur of Blue Gartr
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Odess E'iron
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Baseball Stars.... that game was so fucking good.

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

My Baseball Stars (and Tecmo Super Bowl) batteries still work! I plugged my original carts into a Retron5 and pulled off my old savegames to use in emulators.

I also pulled my FF3US and Secret of Mana saves.

YOU BLACK, MIDNIGHT, EVIL MOTHERFUCKERS!!! BLACK MAGIC, DARKNESS!!! YOU RAW, DARKNESS!!! YOU, FUCKING, DELIRIOUS MOTHERFUCKER!
    You were cold as ice.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sho Ryuuken
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Tecmo Bowl was my shit for a very long time, haha.

In the middle of nowhere Montana for work. Went to the local wal-mart to buy snacks and saw 5 SNES classics just sitting on the shelf. I cried a little.

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

Nice. So far no luck in South Dakota. Then again I haven't looked too hard since screw holiday traffic.

YOU BLACK, MIDNIGHT, EVIL MOTHERFUCKERS!!! BLACK MAGIC, DARKNESS!!! YOU RAW, DARKNESS!!! YOU, FUCKING, DELIRIOUS MOTHERFUCKER!
    You were cold as ice.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sho Ryuuken
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

My SN30 Pro Bluetooth controller just came in, and this thing looks legit as hell. Gonna mess with it for a few hours since I'm off today.

Spoiler: show

BG Level

That's a lot of controllers

You were cold as ice.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sho Ryuuken
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Oh, I have more, I just don't use them any more.

I... I may have a Super Nintendo controller fetish.

You were cold as ice.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sho Ryuuken
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

So the Pro Pad is pretty legit, but will definitely need a few firmware patches for connectivity with the Retro Receiver (noted as "RR"). The buttons feel VERY nice, and it's so intuitive to use it feels like the two joysticks were always there (I have big fingers and I haven't yet clipped the right joystick with my button mashing). As expected, you can use the left joystick as well for directional movement in both the SNES Classic as well as your original SNES console (if you have a RR). Since this controller was made with the Nintendo Switch in mind, it's a treat to see that it's also a viable controller for the Classic as well.

Connecting with the SNES Classic is seamless, while connecting to the RR is a bit of a hassle to have you set up and going -- you have to not only reset the RR every time you power on the console, but also have to hit the pairing button so that the receiver picks up the new connection. With the original SN30 controller, the pairing is stored for future use, and all you would need to do is power on the console then the controller to get up and running. This leads me to believe there will be a firmware update in the near future that will upgrade it's compatibility with the RR. As an aside, pairing to my PC's Bluetooth was also seemless, granted I had to power on the controller with the START + X combination for XInput. Plays well with emulators (with proper mapping), and playing FFXIV with the controller is also surprisingly fun as well, since the controller shares an almost 1:1 mapping with a PS4 controller.

In both the Classic as well as the RR, L2 and R2 are also mapped as "L" and "R" and just feel better in general to press/depress. L1 and R1 triggers are very slightly stiff, but feel like they will loosen up over time. The D-Pad too, also feels stiff in comparison to the original SN30 controllers as well as OEM SNES pads (ironically the L stick feels better for movement, but this may be a case by case basis). Putting the L stick through it's paces, I popped in Super Street Fighter II, and found that, with playing a Shoto, that I had absolutely no problem with directional input motions for my uppercuts and hados, which is wonderful. There is also very little input lag on my end (same small amount of lag as with the original SN30). For the SNES Classic, the home button on the controller works as it should. L3 and R3 triggers can also be pressed, but of course have zero functionality with the Classic or original console games. The Turbo button mapping system also works well.

I don't have a Nintendo Switch, so I unfortunately cannot test it with that device, which is a shame due to the controller also having motion/rumble functionality. I'd say considering how it performs on the SNES Classic however, this is the perfect controller for the Nintendo Switch as well.

Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Oh wow. May get this

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You were cold as ice.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sho Ryuuken
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

The SF30 Pro is already temporarily sold out on Amazon, which is a big surprise to me.

For so little press this particular controller received (for the SNES Classic), I can only imagine all of those sales were solely because of it's Nintendo Switch functionality.

And they're spectacular!
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mitzy Mystfire
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Got mine in today as well, and just ran it through its paces on the Switch. So far....

• Paired no problem at all, but I can't seem to get it to wake up the Switch from sleep mode. Seems the switch has to already be active before the controller pairs. Could be doing something wrong on my end though, but would be a pretty big pita if that turns out to be the actual case.
    • Worked in the few games I tried, including Zelda, but not at all for Xenoblade. Updated the firmware to 1.10, but didn't help at all.

The rumble motors are ridiculously loud. Not that I would use them much anyway, but could be a turn-off for some.

You were cold as ice.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sho Ryuuken
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

I heard about the rumble being loud and annoying -- seems to be a design flaw.

So I just got one and realized the cords are tiny. I was looking up extension cords but got told there's a delay with them
    Anyone know on if it's true or not and if some brands are better than others or what's a good work around ?

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Azull Abaddon
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Passed one at Walmart while buying tape so had to get it. Was a good lunch break!

Member since 2006 and still can't think of a title.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Quote Originally Posted by LinktheDeme View Post
    So I just got one and realized the cords are tiny. I was looking up extension cords but got told there's a delay with them
    Anyone know on if it's true or not and if some brands are better than others or what's a good work around ?
    It's actually the same plug as the nes classic. I bought a 2 pack when I got my NES Classic a few months ago and those worked, so may be worth it if you can find a nes classic branded extension cable. Mine was just a generic 2 pack on amazon for like 10 bucks, no issues.

BG Level

Still jack squat at the Wal-Mart I go to

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Was able to snag the last one at a local game store. They had it bundled with 2 10ft extender cables so they charged $90 instead of $80 but I was probably gonna buy them separately anyway so I went all FUCK IT LETS DO IT and picked it up.

Quote Originally Posted by LinktheDeme View Post
    I bought these - https://www.bestbuy.com/site/insigni...?skuId=6025000 - and have not experienced any noticeable lag. When I'm traveling for work I've even doubled them up into one super long cord and it still works just fine. On Mario RPG I was able to consistently get 30+ super jumps so I'll use that as justification for little to no additional input lag.

Like a boss yo
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin
    WoW Realm
    Mal'Ganis

Was able to snag one this past Saturday at the Super Target by my Apartment. Guy stated they had put 10 out on the floor that day...I was buying one of the three remaining. Btw, this was at 9am this morning and Target opens at 7am.

So far enjoy the hell out of it !