+ Reply to Thread
Page 29 of 40 FirstFirst ... 19 27 28 29 30 31 39 ... LastLast
    Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I never found the second runs of the GnG games to be too bad, since at that point you already found your 1up/continue farming spots, the invisible triggers to make chests spawns, and which sections of maps to speedrun through to avoid getting overwhelmed by enemy spawns. Just mainly had to keep an eye out for any swapped enemy spawns, since there were a couple extra Red Arremers in spots.

Only thing I didn't know was just how atrocious the slowdowns were on SNES SGnG. I played the entire series on PSP (thanks Capcom for portin' them), and the emulated copy of SGnG in that package had all the slowdowns removed, made it much more playable/reliable. The amount of times I fuck up my double-jumps on SNES Classic because the game decides mid-jump to spawn 1-2 enemies and introduce slowdown is aggravating.

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Dan View Post
    Back in the day, my SNES stayed on for about a week as I worked my way through the first and second quest of SGnG.

Unfortunately, I wasn't able to beat the penultimate boss of second quest (last boss of first quest) with the Goddess Bracelet, which is required to move on to the final boss. So my trip ended there.
    Older you must hate younger you since I recall that final boss had an extremely simple pattern.
    Spoiler: show
    Just had to stand beside the heel of his left or right foot and dodge the lasers, then hop up on the platform to smack his head a couple times, and repeat until dead iirc.

I'm not sure if I want to beat it again on SNES Classic with all the slowdown, to do the whole "beat every game on this device" self-challenge. Been working on Contra 3 here otherwise, and all I have to say is fuck the Mode7 stages. Shit is too zoomed in, it makes me motion sick for whatever reason. The boss encounters in them is just constant circle strafing waiting on RNG to dictate you get a safe opening to shoot at them.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

I saw those credits in SGnG yesterday finally. I don't think I'd ever learn the game well enough to complete it without save states. The last boss was pretty damn tough and the 2 penultimate bosses can be tricky to finish in time. The whole final stage allows for no wasted time. At first I went too slowly around the ghosts and mimics and only had 1:40 on the clock for the 2 bosses, before having to redo the platforming to make it to the bosses with around 2:20.

Comparatively, I find Contra 3 more forgiving. I ran through normal difficulty without a continue and made it through the first two stages on hard pretty easily, but still have to further hone the skills to get them there Contra credits.

Also and most importantly, I have at last started Super Metroid. It's one I never played as a kid, which is sorta sad cause I would've loved this shit. It's my first Metroid at all; the game takes awhile to get going from super newbie status. I'll probably spend 15+ hours on my first playthrough. I spent like an hour getting a minor missile upgrade slightly early with ice blast rather than the intended grappling hook.

Annihilation Banwave
    sprout sprout sprout
    2031 No.1 Draft Pick
    Pittsburgh Penguins

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Ran up to Target today at work to buy Cars 3 for Noah for Christmas and they had two of them in stock. Bought them both and gave the second one to my boss who has also been looking. Not for free of course, but he's like my brother from another mother, so no mark up either.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Meliadoul Tinjeru
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

I checked Walmart just now, got super excited when I saw the box on the shelf with a SNES picture on it. But I saw it was $30, look at the tag and it says something like Super Nintendo Gameboy. I wasn't really expecting one there, but I still let out an audible "Fuck you" when I saw that.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Ze NinjaSYXX
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nitsuki Syxx
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Wait you found a super game boy in this day and age? Lol

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Meliadoul Tinjeru
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

I think it was a thing like the SNES classic, just for Gameboy shit, but it had a picture of the SNES on the box. They got similar stuff for Sega Genesis there too.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Is this the best SNESC case?
    http://a.co/4pfA1l1

Khanka vs RDS vs PDP vs iAmer vs TPFoon

Khanka and iAmer have the best layout and controller placement. I was waiting on the RDS one due out this week but it doesn't seem excellent like we had hoped.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

I completed Super Metroid for the first time yesterday. In 12 hours at 94%, hehe

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Roranora View Post
    I completed Super Metroid for the first time yesterday. In 12 hours at 94%, hehe
    BUT DID YOU SAVE THE ANIMALS!?

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

I did!

I'm not sure what exactly that changes in the ending, must be easy to overlook.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

I did!

The animals don't die. Samus saves them.

And yes, it is.

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya

BG Level

I did!

Bro...I shit you not! As a kid, I thought it made absolutely no difference to the ending and I always figured, "they'll just die anyway when the planet blows up!" It wasn't until like a year or so ago watching zoasty on twitch that they made me aware there's a small ship taking off in the background when you save the animals. It's a small ass pixel that I never noticed before.

My mind was fucking BLOWN! lmao

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Litz Zatsuza
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Xno Kappa View Post
    BUT DID YOU SAVE THE ANIMALS!?
    Most important part of the whole game.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Xno Kappa View Post
    Bro...I shit you not! As a kid, I thought it made absolutely no difference to the ending and I always figured, "they'll just die anyway when the planet blows up!" It wasn't until like a year or so ago watching zoasty on twitch that they made me aware there's a small ship taking off in the background when you save the animals. It's a small ass pixel that I never noticed before.

My mind was fucking BLOWN! lmao
    haha that's good stuff

I think you guys are messing with me, I watched and rewound the Zebes explosion several times and haven't found that animal ship pixel yet. Is it before the explosion like right after Samus gets in her ship?

Maybe the animals got in Samus' ship in this version and we rode off together.

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

haha that's good stuff

I think you guys are messing with me, I watched and rewound the Zebes explosion several times and haven't found that animal ship pixel yet. Is it before the explosion like right after Samus gets in her ship?

Maybe the animals got in Samus' ship in this version and we rode off together.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

aww yes I see the pixel ship near the very end, lol

it's later than I was looking; I watched the explosion like 8 times muttering there's no fuckin' way

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Metroid 3 is still fresh and fun. I read the Alcatraz escape is one of the first moves runners learn, so I gave it a try tonight. After about half an hour, I got it twice in a minute. Hmph, good enough.

Then I watched a video of it and I was doing it wrong. The only times I pulled it off I did 2 wall jumps, not 3. I figure I'll have to learn it the right way, in 3 jumps, to pull it off more consistently.

I didn't even try to mockball, that'll have to wait. Also I can't bomb jump at all, but fuck that technique. Everything else is cool.

I ought to appreciate and understand speed runs more properly now.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Is this the best SNESC case?
    http://a.co/4pfA1l1

Khanka vs RDS vs PDP vs iAmer vs TPFoon

Khanka and iAmer have the best layout and controller placement. I was waiting on the RDS one due out this week but it doesn't seem excellent like we had hoped.
    Now that I've seen both in the flesh, the RDS case is definitely the best. It looks really sharp, the matching purple and black two-tone zipper is a nice touch, and has plenty of room for extension cables and wall adapter. They're an easy find at most Targets for $20.

One of the SNESCs I give away I'll gift it in this case, all modded and tucked in ready to go.

Ze NinjaSYXX
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nitsuki Syxx
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I really want to get one of these for mine. Thanks for the link!

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

here's the RDS case

https://www.target.com/p/snes-classi...e/-/A-52716031

the Khanka one is $4 cheaper and still pretty nice, but I think the RDS one is the way to go