Kharo Hadakkus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Rivendare

Stellaris

I couldn't find a thread for this, so if there is one let me know and I'll just merge with it.

I finally tried this game out last night. Holy fucking shit do we have a time sink here, ladies and gents.

http://www.stellarisgame.com/

It's like a cross between GalCiv, Sins of a Solar Empire, and Endless Space... which is one hell of a pedigree, imo. There are a few things I'm a little displeased with, like how there doesn't seem to be an option to disband a fleet without disbanding (read: self-destructing) every unit in it. But by and large, this game is fuckin great.

And they're spectacular!
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mitzy Mystfire
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Titan

My first thought was that this thread was for a new pharmaceutical that somehow ended up in the wrong section.

The Shitlord
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharo Hadakkus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Rivendare

Been playing around with this, got my empire mod up and running, though I had to make some compromises because the mod support is wonky.

Game's still pretty fuckin baller.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Console Edition Announced for PS4 & XB1
    Paradox Interactive, a publisher and developer of games that push the final frontier, today announced that Stellaris, the sci-fi exploration game from Paradox Development Studio, is teaming up with Tantalus Media to launch on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One consoles with Stellaris: Console Edition. The popular space-exploration game will be the first ever grand strategy game to come to consoles, bringing more deep strategy, resource management, and political intrigue than has ever been available to consolenauts before.

Featuring the same deep strategic gameplay, rich and diverse alien races and emergent storytelling, Stellaris: Console Edition puts the complexity of the galaxy at your thumbsticks. Whether you’re exploring the unknown, discovering the mysteries of the universe, or conquering it for the glory of your empire, console players have more inter-galactic strategy awaiting them than ever before. Voyagers can choose between standard and deluxe editions (with the deluxe including the Plantoids Species Pack, Leviathans Story Pack and the Utopia Expansion when they are released). Both will include Stellaris version 1.7, with a consistent rollout of popular Stellaris DLC following soon after.

“Grand Strategy is often considered a niche genre even on the PC, but we believe that while a console audience exists, a game like Stellaris simply hasn’t made it to those platforms yet. With the help of Tantalus’ expertise, we’re happy to take that leap!” said Daniel Moregård, Game Director at Paradox Interactive. “Console players can look forward to the true Grand Strategy experience and continued DLC and support after launch with Stellaris: Console Edition.”

Stellaris is a sci-fi grand strategy game from the galactic conquerors at Paradox Development Studio, which allows players to take their personalized empire on their first steps outside of their home system and spread their race across the universe – by diplomacy or by force. Since the game’s launch in May 2016, Stellaris has sold over 1.5 million copies across Earth.

Might be a bit of a necro bump but the console version of this was release a little bit ago. Picked this up on Ps4. Looks pretty cool so far. Played civilization games before and this seems like a big step up from that. Any tips for a starter?

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

The Shitlord
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharo Hadakkus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Rivendare

tips for a newbie... hmm. well id imagine on console you cant do mods. so vanilla... i can't tell what version youre on but it's definitely not current with the PC version. so, specialize. do a Research Planet. An Energy Planet. A Mining Planet. Etc. Take advantage of base tile yields and adjacencies where you can, but feel free to ignore them in the name of specialization.

Science Ships are how you get goodies from the universe. Don't waste your time surveying alien-held territory until you've run out of unclaimed systems. Expand as quickly as you can. The AI is fucking braindead so if you don't have the advantage, feel free to send your ships off to hide. Control choke points. It's hard to tell from the video what version of starbases console has, but generally they're more useful as economic/utility/control platforms than combat platforms.

Was having fun til the scourge came along and curbstomped my neighbors then crushed me. Thought I had a decent fleet and setup to kill. Plan was working until the 9 other 80k fleets showed up and wrecked me. Hope I can survive long enough.

Hackey Thread Lurker since 2010
    I could have bought an 11 pull and have 1000 gems left over, but all I got was this silly title.

BG Level

Welcome to the end game crisis. Scourge is the hardest of the three. Your Fleet compositions should be built for Armor + Hull plating and energy weapons/armor penetration. Good Luck. And maybe the FE goes all Guardians of the Galaxy on their butts.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Federations Expansion
    The supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting. With the Stellaris: Federations expansion, players can extend their diplomatic dominion over the galaxy like never before. Use every trick in the book to gain an edge on friend and foe alike, with a host of new options to influence, manipulate, and dominate without firing a shot.

Features
    • Expanded Federations: With expanded diplomacy capabilities, players can build up the internal cohesion of their Federations and unlock powerful rewards for all members. Whether you join a Trade League, Martial Alliance, or Hegemony, membership can be extremely advantageous.
    • Galactic Community: Unite the space empires with a galactic senate that can vote on a wide range of resolutions to drive legislative agendas. For example, players can pass a resolution to increase commitments to collective defense or funnel profit towards wealthy elites. Members can also sanction those who defy the community, and enact a single galactic focus. Sway the senate to position yourself as a leader, trading favors and maneuvering, doing whatever it takes to gain influence among schemers.
    • Origins: Each empire has a story that shapes its path. Give your civilization deeper roots with the new system of Origins. By choosing an Origin, players can flesh out their empire’s background and alter its starting conditions. Whether it’s Void Dwellers who have abandoned their homeworld to live in perpetual orbit, or a society that worships and protects a powerful Tree of Life, you can lay the groundwork wisely for the seeds of your empire.
    • New constructions: Construct glorious new projects for your empire like the Juggernaut, a massive mobile starbase that provides a moveable repair base even in enemy territory, or the Mega Shipyard, a new megastructure that can churn out fleets with incredible speed. Offering both tactical advantages and a good dose of shock and/or awe, these are sure to be an asset to any space empire.
    Lithoids Species Pack
    The Lithoids Species Pack features a selection of new rock-based species portraits and ship models for players who take nothing for granite and are looking to unearth a more grounded civilization. Lithoids are a bigger and boulder species type made entirely of sapient rock who eat minerals for sustenance, are long-lived, and can colonize in almost any environment.

Players can look forward to trying out the entirely new Lithoid play style that focuses on mineral production, relentless colonization of even the most marginal worlds, and refusing to cede an inch of your empire - for sedimental value. The Lithoids Species Pack includes:
    • Unique Mechanics for Lithoid Empires
    • 15 New Portraits of Lithoids and 1 of a Lithoid robot
    • New Mineral-based Ship Models
    • New voice pack

Pseudo-Elitist
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by synistar View Post
    Welcome to the end game crisis. Scourge is the hardest of the three. Your Fleet compositions should be built for Armor + Hull plating and energy weapons/armor penetration. Good Luck. And maybe the FE goes all Guardians of the Galaxy on their butts.
    I swear crisis are weighted to focus the player first. Just had a game where the scourge arrived clear across the other side of the galaxy from me... but right on top of an L-Gate. They skipped over the L-Cluster, any other L-Gates in the galaxy and any systems near the arrival point to drop their entire vanguard on me plus the main force once that arrived on the two gates in my territory.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

I'm almost as bad as Mazmaz
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

yo, yall nerds need to try this game. it's one of the greatest games for nerds ive ever played. i keep making races from the star control games and playing them out. most fun play through so far was as my ur-quan kzer-za race that forcibly subjugates every race i met

Hackey Thread Lurker since 2010
    I could have bought an 11 pull and have 1000 gems left over, but all I got was this silly title.

BG Level

I'll start playing it again if they fix the game crippling lag that happens in the late-mid/early-end game thanks to the pop system introduced in the Megacorp DLC. Still no ETA on Federations DLC as well.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

i've dropped hundreds of hours into CKII and EUIV but Stellaris didn't stick with me on launch. maybe i'll DLC it up and give er another go.

Fuck It, I'm Goin Deep Fan Club President
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Missed this game, but I love the Civ games so mayhaps I'll have to check this out

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Federations - March 17th - $20
    Paradox Interactive, a publisher and developer of games that remind you why it’s important to vote, today announced that Stellaris’ upcoming diplomacy-driven expansion, Federations, launches for PC on March 17, 2020. The pen is mightier than the plasma launcher in this expansion that focuses on the galactic community and its internal politics with expanded capabilities for federations and the establishment of a powerful galactic senate. Stellaris: Federations is now available for pre-order for PC platforms for a suggested retail price of $19.99 / €19.99 / £15.49.