BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

CM cleared with a mythril revive (+10% offense):

Spoiler: show

Kill shot:

Medals:

That error came up a few seconds after my win, didnt get to see medals but I'm assuming mastery with 1 action and 2 damage medals lost.

Party Setup:

SBs used:
    Rinoa - Shared medica
    Edea - Inaugural Parade
    Seifer - Shared Protectga
    Selphie - Shared Medica
    Irvine - Shared AoE low-regen

Mythril revive did allow me to carry devotion on edea and start with sb gauge for her sb, and got me some extra medicas which helped a lot. DZ hit for 17k thanks to getting the offense buff from revive.

Rinoa had easy 9999 on blizzaja, and minus strike was doing 9999 with seifer on 40% health, and he could safely sit low with very high res and major fire resist.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Ratatapa View Post
    So the MPO reward wasn't planned, but they'll keep it and give motes later if you completed the fight
    It actually sounds like both were planned but only the orbs were listed.

BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    BG Level

Went in for CM, got him to 10% and he fucking does 3 back to back meteors.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Would elemental weakness or BLM doublecast be better? I was seeing -ja doing 9-9.5 without much setup/buff. I can see the weakness winning if that 1k extra every hit adds up enough that you'd need 3+ procs to lose to doublecast.

BG Level

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Blood of espers is 13% for second cast, attunement 2 is +20% damage. Blood is a little better at a base of 9k.

BG Level

Quistis with 450 magic was hitting a base of 8500 with aja. I would say if you're hitting at least 450 magic with gear you don't need boosting materia.

Edit: this was with no mental breaks. She was capping otherwise.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kirby Prime
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Barely mastered, Tyro died right before the end. Luckily, I brought Curaise ( I was using Tyro BSSB for RW ) and managed to raise him right before Bartz went for the finishing blow. MVP was definitely my Rinoa, 500+ magic, was hitting 9999 using ja's with Blood of Espers.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

So I've been trying to beat this with a melee party and I'm just getting destroyed. I can barely get past the second round before someone goes down. It's not even funny.

Member since 2006 and still can't think of a title.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Quote Originally Posted by Hada View Post
    So I've been trying to beat this with a melee party and I'm just getting destroyed. I can barely get past the second round before someone goes down. It's not even funny.
    Only way you're going to do it with a melee party is all spellbalders (Squall, Celes, Cloud), etc and all of them using blizzara/blizzaga strike. Breakdowns were only hitting for 1800-2300 for me.

I finally championed it. Cloud and Rinoa were my huge damage dealers, spamming Blizzaga/Blizzara strike and Rinoa had 2x 8 casts Blizzaja's. Relm was spamming Curaja and medica sb, Ramza doing Full Break/Magic Breakdown and spamming Shout, and Tyro doing Power Breakdown and helping out with Curaga's while spamming wall. RW was Garnet's SSB for the extra resistance.

Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Tried again, worse than the first time... I think maybe I need more Hones... Rinoa's BSB would be sweet for this :\

I have Inaugural Parade and Ice Strike (SSB) for Sorceress, so I use her too, I have a 6* Rising Sun but her Earth SB is super outdated and not very strong... my synergy for that realm, Melee wise, is fucking superb but my mage Synergy is pretty much 2 weapons (Mentioned above), Sorceress' Crown, a 5* Irvine hat, and I guess Galbadian Bracers since they give magic and have a shared aoe heal. Its better than most.

My set up was mostly magical due to his high defense but to give you an idea this is what i ran with >

Rinoa - 6*Rising Sun, Galb. Bracer, Gigas Bracelet (fire res+) ---- Blizzaga(10), Shiva(5) ---- Atunement II
    Sorceress - 5* Sorceress' Might, Sorceress Crown, Adel Visor (+1050 HP) ----- Blizzaja(8), Meteor(6) ---- Black Magic +20%
    Tyro - 5* Ulysses, Laguna's Jacket, (A Moderate Fire res accessory with +15 attack) ----- Magic BD(8), Full Break(4) - SB Start
    Cait Sith - His SSB horn, Irvine Hat(5* fake), 6*Major Fire bangle ----- Shellga(2), Curaga (12) - SB Start
    Yuna - 6* Magistrate Rod, 6*AerithPPHat, 500HP/+15MND Accessory ----- Protectga(2), Curaja(12) - Knight's Charge

Yuna has Hymn, Cait Sith had the Full Breakdown SSB, Tyro for Sentinel's... and Rinoa/Sorc for obvious reaosns... I have Portrait of Lakshmi, a considerably better Medica+Regen but shes only around 52? I could egg her up and I'm considering it... but my Medica options are limited and I have no Magic Blink :\, was really hoping to pull that with Selphie this banner but couldn't.

I try to RW either Sorceress' Awakening or if I can Dreamstage, and maybe Tyro BSB... but without the damage output SA gives me i find it hard to kill him quickly without running out of Hones...

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Karbuncle View Post
    Tried again, worse than the first time... I think maybe I need more Hones... Rinoa's BSB would be sweet for this :\

I have Inaugural Parade and Ice Strike (SSB) for Sorceress, so I use her too, I have a 6* Rising Sun but her Earth SB is super outdated and not very strong... my synergy for that realm, Melee wise, is fucking superb but my mage Synergy is pretty much 2 weapons (Mentioned above), Sorceress' Crown, a 5* Irvine hat, and I guess Galbadian Bracers since they give magic and have a shared aoe heal. Its better than most.

My set up was mostly magical due to his high defense but to give you an idea this is what i ran with >

Rinoa - 6*Rising Sun, Galb. Bracer, Gigas Bracelet (fire res+) ---- Blizzaga(10), Shiva(5) ---- Atunement II
    Sorceress - 5* Sorceress' Might, Sorceress Crown, Adel Visor (+1050 HP) ----- Blizzaja(8), Meteor(6) ---- Black Magic +20%
    Tyro - 5* Ulysses, Laguna's Jacket, (A Moderate Fire res accessory with +15 attack) ----- Magic BD(8), Full Break(4) - SB Start
    Cait Sith - His SSB horn, Irvine Hat(5* fake), 6*Major Fire bangle ----- Shellga(2), Curaga (12) - SB Start
    Yuna - 6* Magistrate Rod, 6*AerithPPHat, 500HP/+15MND Accessory ----- Protectga(2), Curaja(12) - Knight's Charge

Yuna has Hymn, Cait Sith had the Full Breakdown SSB, Tyro for Sentinel's... and Rinoa/Sorc for obvious reaosns... I have Portrait of Lakshmi, a considerably better Medica+Regen but shes only around 52? I could egg her up and I'm considering it... but my Medica options are limited and I have no Magic Blink :\, was really hoping to pull that with Selphie this banner but couldn't.

I try to RW either Sorceress' Awakening or if I can Dreamstage, and maybe Tyro BSB... but without the damage output SA gives me i find it hard to kill him quickly without running out of Hones...
    I don't see how Rinoa or edea does t hit 8k x4 with burst command with this setup

Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

They were doing about 6 to 7k per with the Ice burst from Sorceress' Awakening. Its what I used during my first attempt and what got me the furthest, but I don't own it naturally and I have only one person on my FL who has it as a RW.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Melena View Post
    Only way you're going to do it with a melee party is all spellbalders (Squall, Celes, Cloud), etc and all of them using blizzara/blizzaga strike. Breakdowns were only hitting for 1800-2300 for me.

I finally championed it. Cloud and Rinoa were my huge damage dealers, spamming Blizzaga/Blizzara strike and Rinoa had 2x 8 casts Blizzaja's. Relm was spamming Curaja and medica sb, Ramza doing Full Break/Magic Breakdown and spamming Shout, and Tyro doing Power Breakdown and helping out with Curaga's while spamming wall. RW was Garnet's SSB for the extra resistance.
    Not entirely true. I ran a melee group. It's a lot slower and just gives Ifrit more chances to take you out.

Cloud Lifesiphon/Blizz Strike (Ace Striker) - Fenrir
    Agrias Lifesiphon/Blizz Strike (Battleforged) - Cleansing
    Rosa Armor BD/Curaga (Kinght's Charge) - Divine Heal
    Ramza Lifesiphon/Full (Mako) - Shout
    Y'shtola Magic BD/Curaise (Mog's) - Wall

I used blizz once on each character (just for medals). Otherwise, it was lifesiphon to SB, repeat. Cloud hit 2k-3k per hit and Agrias was 3k-4k for Cleansing. Ifrit didn't go terribly crazy, luckily. The fight was REALLY long but really manageable (AoE heal was almost more than enough). Cleansing was the key. I never saw any ability do more than 1k (except HP based move). I was attacking with WHMs because no one needed healing.

Edit: I can throw Divine Heal as RW, if anyone needs it.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Melena View Post

nah, doesn't require all spellblades, although that's by far the easier way to approach it. i mastered it with a melee party and only had tyro for spellblade, you do need to stack a lot of -def and have shout + a HotE buff available to make it work though. this is the setup i used:

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

I DID IT IFRIT CM !!!!! with OK synegy and only unique SB I used was Edea Ice Strike I didn't cast Trabia light in the whole fight. RW was Rinoa BSB and the guy had like 570 MAG with synergy. P.S this strats came from Reddit, not mine but w/e a win is a win

Turns went like this

Turn 1
    Rinoa Haste Selphie
    Selphie Shellga
    Irvine Full Break
    Seifer Draw Fire
    Edea Memento Mori

Turn 2
    Rinoa Faith Herself
    Selphie (Curaja until the very end, Ifrit is too fast most of my tries Trabia Light actually killed me instead of helping)
    Irvine Magic Breakdown
    Seifer Magic Lure
    Edea RW cast

Turn 3
    Rinoa RW cast
    Edea TrueIce command and rest do their job

So after both RW were cast I was able to do i think 4 TrueIce command per person, Edea was doing 8.4k ish and rinoa 5k ish
    Seifer was alternating with both 'vokes'
    Irvine was mostly doing MDB and randomly reapplying Full Break

Ifrit was at 20% when both BSB wore off, so I made Rinoa Haste Edea, Edea used MM then Ice STrike then Dank Zone for the kill

This requires indeed good RNG as ifrit this turn did 0 hellfire, 0 Meteor and i think 1-2 Firaja AOE but as win is a win (and yes my edea was decked, but the others were meh geared)

Pictures!

Killshot

EXP (grats irvine)

Medals

Reward

Setup

And Stats