Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Managed to clear the jerk.... Set up was...

Spoiler: show

It was kinda similar to most of your strategies, but a little different. Notable SB/SSB

Edea - Inaugural Parade, Ice Strike
    Rinoa - First Aid
    Cait Sith - SSB(Full Breakdown)
    Relm - Lakshmi
    Tyro - SG

RW was Sorc. Awakening, used only on Edea. Rinoa pretty much spammed her Blizzaja/Shiva (for ~9999) with First Aid tossed in there from time to time. Relm had Knight's Charge for Potrait AoE heal, Caith was on Breakdown/Break duty as well as back up cure, Tyro for Breaks, and Edea for damage output... Truespell Ice was doing about 6.5k~7k Per hit.

No one died, but victory was -3 Medals, 1 Action, 2 Damage.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Mental breakdown will barely increase damage over FB IIRC, like 5% more from your base? It sounds like you'll have to use Edea as the throughput for all the bssb casts.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by hyoton View Post
    Mental breakdown will barely increase damage over FB IIRC, like 5% more from your base? It sounds like you'll have to use Edea as the throughput for all the bssb casts.
    Yeah, guess I'll have to try that and hope he doesn't AoE me to death. Might as well swap Quistis in for Mental/Haste though.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Quistis can't haste sadly! She can cura? The mental breakdown will help a ton though in combination with fullbreak, just have to get the RNG where he meteors then spams gravity till you're recovered. Can you throw in the second royal scepter for another aoe heal?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quistis can't haste sadly! She can cura? The mental breakdown will help a ton though in combination with fullbreak, just have to get the RNG where he meteors then spams gravity till you're recovered. Can you throw in the second royal scepter for another aoe heal?
    She doesn't even have WHM 3*? <_< Pure junk. Guess I'll use her as backup something lol, her Blizzajas will suck anyway. She's probably the best candidate for shared heal I guess, Selphie is too busy spamming Curajas and I have a shared heal on Irvine.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Correct. Ideally you want both FB and MeBD stacked with the BSB RW strategy, as that is about 12% more damage output than just FB alone (which can add up to about 3k additional damage per BSB command), but replacing FB with MeBD only gets about 5% more damage output, while losing a critical layer of ~20% magic damage mitigation which would make Ifrit's damage output tougher to handle.

Using edea for both RW casts seems to be the consensus with this strategy, and the other 4 slots help support in whatever way they can (breakdowns, heals, draw fire/lure, etc). If you queue actions fast enough on edea, you can get 5 ice commands with the first RW use, and have just enough time to get both RWs + up to 10 burst commands before the MM doom timer runs out, though it should only take 8-9 for a level 80 edea with synergy weapon.

Rotation for edea should basically be MM -> RW -> Ice command x5 -> RW -> Ice commands until dead

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Corwen View Post
    Correct. Ideally you want both FB and MeBD stacked with the BSB RW strategy, as that is about 12% more damage output than just FB alone (which can add up to about 3k additional damage per BSB command), but replacing FB with MeBD only gets about 5% more damage output, while losing a critical layer of ~20% magic damage mitigation which would make Ifrit's damage output tougher to handle.

Using edea for both RW casts seems to be the consensus with this strategy, and the other 4 slots help support in whatever way they can (breakdowns, heals, draw fire/lure, etc). If you queue actions fast enough on edea, you can get 5 ice commands with the first RW use, and have just enough time to get both RWs + up to 10 burst commands before the MM doom timer runs out, though it should only take 8-9 for a level 80 edea with synergy weapon.

Rotation for edea should basically be MM -> RW -> Ice command x5 -> RW -> Ice commands until dead
    Yep that's the rotation I used for her, also got 5 commands on both casters but damage simply wasn't high enough.

BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Alkar View Post
    She doesn't even have WHM 3*? <_< Pure junk. Guess I'll use her as backup something lol, her Blizzajas will suck anyway. She's probably the best candidate for shared heal I guess, Selphie is too busy spamming Curajas and I have a shared heal on Irvine.
    You know not what you speak.

Drunken Red Mage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Auspice Lasserott
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

HALP! I'm following the guide posted a page or 2 back with a Rinoa RW(MAG 512) and can't seem to get this fucker past the 20%-ish range before BSB wears off of both characters and DPS more or less grinds to a halt.

RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Well the 100 gem Selphie SSB won me the CM for this. Mastered with 3 medals lost.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Cleared CM and Champion with only 1 medal lost on damage. Fuck you Ifrit, I win!

Register to see the NSFW content

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Auspice View Post

HALP! I'm following the guide posted a page or 2 back with a Rinoa RW(MAG 512) and can't seem to get this fucker past the 20%-ish range before BSB wears off of both characters and DPS more or less grinds to a halt.
    I'd suggest using edea for both RW casts and the rest of the party support. I videoed a run of this when I chanced upon a rinoa bsb rw.

I did have a 6* weapon and a sorceress crown for synergy hence I was hitting 38k on iceraze, but as long as you can get 32k+ on it its doable. 3 healers + 4 shared medicas helped with survival while edea did 95% of the damage. If looking for mastery, as long as no more than 3 people die it should work assuming full action medals.

Using the RW on 2 mages is less likely to work as your second mage will have substantially less MAG between no devotion rm and no memento mori.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mist Monster
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrath View Post
    Well the 100 gem Selphie SSB won me the CM for this. Mastered with 3 medals lost.

What is the site you are using to post these? Thanks!

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mist Monster
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by theshun View Post
    Thanks!

Drunken Red Mage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Auspice Lasserott
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Corwen View Post
    I'd suggest using edea for both RW casts and the rest of the party support. I videoed a run of this when I chanced upon a rinoa bsb rw.

I did have a 6* weapon and a sorceress crown for synergy hence I was hitting 38k on iceraze, but as long as you can get 32k+ on it its doable. 3 healers + 4 shared medicas helped with survival while edea did 95% of the damage. If looking for mastery, as long as no more than 3 people die it should work assuming full action medals.

Using the RW on 2 mages is less likely to work as your second mage will have substantially less MAG between no devotion rm and no memento mori.
    Swapping to Edea only for RW helped significantly but after getting Ifrit to 1% and getting punked by double Meteor and spending the following hour wiping endlessly I gave up and popped 2 mythril refreshes which netted me Defense and HP -_- It gave me the extra resolve I needed to get the clear which I did without losing anyone.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kirby Prime
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Ehhhh, my Edna is still 57, not sure if I should bother egg'ing her up for this... think I'll just wait until the next time it's up.

RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by mistmonster View Post
    Thanks!
    Make one and post your account. I wanna see your list of SBs...

Prime Minister of Salt

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Omega Deathbringer
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Final pixel of health meteor spams once again ruined me- I'll deal with this nonsense AT LEAST after Selphie's event

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast