+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by Ratatapa View Post
    You can't expect to do the same content as day 1 players after only 1 month of player are you?
    Hence my question..."how long have you been playing" If there was a disclaimer that you were all Day 1 players, I wouldn't have had to ask now would I?

Thanks for the responses.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kirby Prime
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Disclaimer, most of us are day/week 1 players and / or giant Whales and / or is Tyrath

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Well, you're probably missing hones and for the nightmares diversity in characters, but it's impossible to say without knowing more. I've been playing about a year but I think my power level after a month or two was sufficient to do pretty much everything out then (difficulties capped at something like +++ but there was no orb conversion or efficient dailies either).

Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Skyylya View Post
    Hence my question..."how long have you been playing" If there was a disclaimer that you were all Day 1 players, I wouldn't have had to ask now would I?

Thanks for the responses.

I've been playing for about a year, since I got my phone last September? I'm able to clear most content (still can't beat that ifrit... I bet if I kept trying i could but its just so tedious), including this. I have a picture of my set up but for the most part my hones were (all Breakdowns, mind you)

Armor Break - 10
    Weapon Break - 8
    Magic Break - 6
    Mental Break - 6
    Full Break - 4
    Multi Break - 4

Had each of them equipped with something else with 8 to 10 uses that they could use... which was limited lol, they all have such bad secondary choices. Tyro was my healer with Curaja(12) and Multi break, have Sentinel's Grim and Shout... so I mean I had it pretty good this fight.

Thanks, that info helps.

My Setup is generally

Edgar: Chainsaw SB, lifesiphon (6) / power break (10)

Sabin: Phantom Rush SB, Lifesiphon (6) / Armor Break (10)

Kain: Rising Drive SB, Magic Break (10) / Dragoon Jump (2)

Aerith: Pulse of Life SB, Curaja (10) / Renewing Cure (12)

Yuna: Hymn of Faith SB, Curaga (10) / Shell/Prot (4) whichever I don't get on friend.

Usually try to get either a shell/haste or prot/haste combo for my companion to round out abilities.

I don't have full/multi break yet which everyone seems to use. I also don't use Tyro much.

I do have Edward and got lucky on the IV draws, I have a 7* dream harp but I don't have him leveled up yet.

But, that's where I'm at right now and can do 120 pretty well easily. I did manage to do a 130 for the Ultima nightmare dungeon and got mastery.

Hackey Thread Lurker since 2010
    I could have bought an 11 pull and have 1000 gems left over, but all I got was this silly title.

BG Level

Yea I'm skipping this until it opens next time (same with Neo Bahamut). I R3 Saint's cross earlier and still haven't R2 Muti Break. Plus with orbfest looming this coming month, yea no hurry to get these nightmare dungeons completed.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Robertfb View Post
    Majority of us have been playing since Day 1 or close to a month or two after it came out, I think the newest person we've had is Akiyama and he's been playing for roughly 3-5ish months.
    I've actaully only been playing RK about 6 months or so myself, as well. I think I started like a month before all the 1 year anniversary stuff came out.

Cake Mix
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

@Skyyla: Multi-break is really valuable for this fight to send them into their overheating stage as soon as you pop both shields, so if you can somehow get the orbs for that and make that, I feel like it'll help immensely.

I've been playing since early March (The Advent Children FFVII event was going when I'd started) and My Mental/Power/Magic/Armor Breakdowns are all R3, Full Break is R2, Multi Break is R1.

I ended up having to egg up Edward, Red XIII, and Gordon (cause I got his Flame Shield)

I don't have a native Wall or Shout, I only have the shared Medica passed out from the X Items (and a shared Regen) and then some of my other hones are generally R3/R4 (Lifesiphon x2, Saints Cross, etc)

and I do.. okay. I struggle/need RNG to help me most times since no wall and all, so mitigation can be tough and I always have to RW Ramza's Shout, but I get by and I haven't missed an U/U+ in a while. I haven't done Neo Bahamut or the White Mage one yet just because I don't have the characters/hones on my summons/Diagas or anything yet, but yeah

Just keep plugging away! Sounds like you at least have some okay SBs! I didn't have a truly superb one until just recently with the Soul Breakout netting me Bartz and p. Cecil's BSBs.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Mastered Finally - the real nightmare was getting Shout to appear on RW list >.<

...also, I didn't see it specifically mentioned anywhere (or I coulda just not understood), but when the nodes stopped going haywire, I was trying to -breakdown them again (and killing them form too much damage, and using up all my breakdowns), when all I needed to do was use Multi-break again to put them back in haywire mode again instantly. Allowing me to use the -breakdowns I had left on the globe, which in-turn lowered Globe199 crap immensely.

also, only soulbreaks I used were; Sentienal Grimore (lessened Laser Beam), Godsend (lessened Laser Beam, and High-Regen), and RW-Shout (Attack / Haste). Grim + God reduced Laser Beam damage to about 450 each, and High-Regen was given that much, or more, back each turn.

The damaging SBs I had were all random-target or AOE, and I didn't want to kill the nodes, so I never used them.

Here is my line up;

75 Sazh - Attack BD (R2), Bio Grenade (R2), SB-Godsend - RM:Mako Might
    75 Irvine - Magic BD (R2), Double Attack (R4) SB-were AOE so did not use them.- RM:Master Sniper
    80 Tyro - Curaise (R5), Mulit-Break (R2), SB-Sentienal Grimoire - RM:Dr Mog
    71 RedXIII - Mental BD (R2), Launch (R3) - SB-were random targets, so did not use. - RM:Ace Striker, never used the SB though.
    65 Faris - Armor BD (R2), Tempo Flurry (R5) - SB-aoe, not used. - RM: Gore-Stained Blade II
    RW-shout

you really don't need anymore than Rank 2 BDs, as long as you have damage dealing hones.

also, it helped me to place Attack/Magic-BD users in the top two slots, and Mental/Def-BD users in the bottom slots so I didn't have to think about who they were supposed to target under stress. Tyro in the middle.

Lost one medal to Actions, and one to Damage.

Previous attempts failed since I was missing either High-Regen, Haste, or Attack Boost - without all three, I couldn't get to phase 2.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Skyylya View Post
    Thanks, that info helps.
    I also don't use Tyro much.
    No one seems to like Tyro because of his lame stats.

However, if your someone like me, that has Sentinel's Grimoire, but never got Shout, or Stoneskin II - he becomes your invaluable Wall/-Breakdown bitch, and you take him to every high level fight. I also like that he gets synergy in ALL the nightmare dungeons.

BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    BG Level

Even without SG Tyro is invaluable to me, once in a while.

Cake Mix

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Tyro's invaluable to me since Ramza has no shout for me, so Tyro covers my Full Break/Breakdown needs + has the Lightning sword from FFX that gives a minor boost to Lightning Damage and Agrias' shield for another boost. He does okay damage with SLG with all that.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Akiyama View Post
    the Lightning sword from FFX that gives a minor boost to Lightning Damage and Agrias' shield for another boost.
    I have both of those too, and never actually tried them - thanks!

Cake Mix

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Quote Originally Posted by Sumy View Post
    I have both of those too, and never actually tried them - thanks!
    Oh no worries! For the longest time I thought SLG was magic and had Tyro on the back row doing shit damage, then I read it was physical and with a melee weapon and him on the front row, he does some pretty solid damage..and on the off chance something is weak to lightning, he wrecks them.

For instance on the Nightmare, he can nearly one volley the offensive orb (leaves it in one shot range by literally anything)

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

I left this to the last possible second. I tried it a bunch and my issue was P2. If ANYONE critical hit orbs bringing down barriers, orbs would die. I looked around the internet and found this trick:

Ramza shout and everyone burned orbs. P2, hit orbs fast enough that ONLY red barriers came up and Tryo Multi break. Here's the trick: Orbs only do two actions then cooldown. I never used Tyro. Skipped his turn. Everyone just attacked CPU. As soon as one orb cooled, Tryo started Multi. The other cooled, Tyro Multi, BOOM back to overheat. I needed one Power and one Armor use and the rest was Multi (only needed 4) and just attacking CPU.