Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast

Vaguely highlighting flaws in other F2P models still doesn't do XI any favors. Regardless, I know myself and others would have no issue with XI keeping its "full price" sub if SE resumed the "full price" effort of back in the day, while obviously learning from things between now and then. Other games at least proving they can survive on F2P suggests XI could do the same with investment to such infrastructure regardless of the inability of some players to see how. And if SE's plan really is to keep milking the players while hoping they eventually migrate to XIV, well, the sooner such a change would come about, the better for our own wallets. Until then, people who'd like a price cut aren't really being unreasonable with the request.

inb4 "It's only a couple day's lunch money!" or "MMOs are cheap entertainment compared to other games!"

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I think I'd be curious about the "play to pay" model, such that SE allows us to (for an exorbitant fee) use gil to pay for our monthly subscription.

Something such that the majority of players wouldn't be able to do it, but some certainly would. The players who have made large sums of gil in the past are, to be honest, the most loyal of players who have been around the longest.

At most SE would probably only see maybe 1% of its playerbase doing this, but the end result would be a gil sink slurping all the excess gil out of the system, something highly necessary.

The main system I have seen is an in game token that can be purchased for money, then bought and sold on the auction house.

Trading this item in pays for your monthly fee for the month.

Im not saying its a right fit for ffxi, but it does deserve looking at. Some very successful games have thrived on the model simply because it draws in hopeful newcomers who hear through the grapevine that 'if you get good enough at the game you can play for free!'

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

They would need to introduce some sort of item that players can pay money to be sold on the auction house for gil at a fixed rate or game time and then let players deiced. No gil gets created from the item being placed in the game just gil exchange.

Atheist Douchebag.
    Pony Slayer of the House of Weave

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Shenrien View Post
    They would need to introduce some sort of item that players can pay money to be sold on the auction house for gil at a fixed rate or game time and then let players deiced. No gil gets created from the item being placed in the game just gil exchange.
    Just do it the same exact way that WoW does it,.

Simples.

2600klub
    I donated 5 bucks and all I got was this shitty title from Zet

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Zetanio View Post
    Just do it the same exact way that WoW does it,.

Simples.
    How does WoW do it? Never played it.

Atheist Douchebag.
    Pony Slayer of the House of Weave

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Buy a token using in-game currency on the auction house (Current rate is ~50,000g per token I think). You use the item and it adds 30 days of game time.

The cost is averaged across all the realms using an algorithm of some sort. It works really well.

You can also buy one of the tokens for real currency and sell it on the market to get gold.

2600klub
    I donated 5 bucks and all I got was this shitty title from Zet

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I'd probably still play if there was a way to do that in FFXI. Then again, the $4 premium for some Mog storage chapped my ass pretty bad, so maybe I wouldn't.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by arus2001 View Post
    Never let me log in during freebie time, so not sure where that's coming from.

Otherwise, negative feedback is simply going to be more prevalent than happy-go-lucky SE cocksucking. Just the nature of the beast.
    your base account is probably cancelled. there is like 2 levels of canceled. one is the base account and then there is just the characters that are cancelled. ever free login period they state to make sure your base account (not sure what the correct term is for it) before a certain date to get free logins.

I think FFXI should be Free-2-Play
    BG Level

Vaguely highlighting flaws in other F2P models still doesn't do XI any favors. Regardless, I know myself and others would have no issue with XI keeping its "full price" sub if SE resumed the "full price" effort of back in the day, while obviously learning from things between now and then. Other games at least proving they can survive on F2P suggests XI could do the same with investment to such infrastructure regardless of the inability of some players to see how. And if SE's plan really is to keep milking the players while hoping they eventually migrate to XIV, well, the sooner such a change would come about, the better for our own wallets. Until then, people who'd like a price cut aren't really being unreasonable with the request.

inb4 "It's only a couple day's lunch money!" or "MMOs are cheap entertainment compared to other games!"
    I think the price of Apple products are pretty outrageous considering they cost so little to make in China, and yet we still pay that much for it because other cheaper phones aren't apple.

You guys keep arguing "FFXI should cost less" from customers perspective, and the fact is that people who currently pay for 1-6 account monthly will still keep paying instead of playing other F2P just because we are all addicted and only want to play nothing but FFXI. There are no reason to lower the price and lose money just because some people wants it. I would love to pay $50 for an iPhone because that's how much Id pay for my phone, but the reality is that the price of iPhone aren't going to lower to $50 just because I want one. Apple would just sell their products to people willing to pay for more.

This applies to FFXI, business 101.

Got confused for a moment since that post was a while ago. Also beginning to think some were shuffled around. x.x

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Got confused for a moment since that post was a while ago. Also beginning to think some were shuffled around. x.x
    lol sorry bout that just saw it was from august. was just at the top of the page people are posting in today lol. Think I saw it before and wanted to comment but was too lazy til today haha.

I think FFXI should be Free-2-Play
    BG Level

It says yesterday ._. Glitch?

Nah, pretty sure stuff is getting moved. My reply was under Trumpy's earlier and meant to be for his post.

As for yours, I guess it's a matter of feeling out who might be interested in the game for like $5-8/mo if not F2P, where the potential populations could multiply significantly at a lower value. Yes, the addicts consume regardless, but I'm not sure it's correct to assume the majority of current players are running multiple accounts. Perhaps if running with the Apple analogy, it might be interesting to find out how well older models sell once their prices drop, if such data even exists.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

I'll say the same thing I always say in regards to this: they're probably losing out by not having a bundling deal with FFXIV.

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

If they had a bundle deal with XIV like they did at the launch I would hop on this game's dick so fast even if I didn't play actively.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Kyte View Post
    I'll say the same thing I always say in regards to this: they're probably losing out by not having a bundling deal with FFXIV.
    I'd be willing to be theres more XIV players who would play XI if there was a bundle deal instead of the other way around.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

They fucked a lot of the cross-pollination-of-players up when the $6 XI if you have an active XIV sub thing was dropped. I am astounded by how little they cross promote the games and how much they seem to want to avoid linking them together in any way. They don't even have the same billing/account management pages lol.

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

Closest thing they have is Crysta.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syaoran Li
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Quote Originally Posted by Prothescar View Post
    They fucked a lot of the cross-pollination-of-players up when the $6 XI if you have an active XIV sub thing was dropped. I am astounded by how little they cross promote the games and how much they seem to want to avoid linking them together in any way. They don't even have the same billing/account management pages lol.
    Them dropping this honestly made me quit FF14 and go back to FF11. I probably would have kept jumping between the two if they had kept that deal going on. You could just play some FF11 during huge content droughts in FF14 and go back whenever.

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

I mean.. its an extra 6 dollars. Are you doing it on principal or cost? I can't imagine most posters here desperately needing that extra 6 dollars.