Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast
    D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

They answered "When will BLU get more spells?" with "We are already at the limit of spells that we can add, unfortunately, we cannot increase it any further."

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

They're done, welp, that was fun.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

No sinister reign campaign
    No plans on using excess JPs after reaching master
    Ambuscade all month, every month until next March

I'll stay to see what's after Morrigan's, but yeah, fuck grinding 20k hallmarks every month. Might as well go play XIV.

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

The blue magic spell list is pretty solid in my eyes. The only thing I'd have liked to be added would be Spike flail out of nostalgia and Aqua Breath because its iconic. Homing missles would have been cool too.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by tenkiki View Post

I'll stay to see what's after Morrigan's, but yeah, fuck grinding 20k hallmarks every month. Might as well go play XIV.
    Good thing you only need 14.5k for the full set?

TIME OUT MOTHERFUCKER

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Seconding the vote to tar and feather Spira.

Campaign
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Robertfb View Post
    They confirmed pup was originally thought of as Necromancer,
    Didn't they confirm this already long time ago at one of the fanfest?

I'm happy about the possible new expansion. Maybe I'm a bit of an optimist but I think they're already working on it and that it's gonna come out after march next year.
    The AGI change is promising. That's a good way to handle the accuracy issue. That is: across-the-board and not by adding new gear with more accuracy. Hope it's gonna be substantial and not a ~10acc less needed difference.

Disappointed that they are refusing to fix the BRD vs GEO issue. Granted that if melees ever become relevant again, BRD will be in a much better position than it is now.
    I still find it ridiculous though. BRD has racc and acc separated, attack gives fixed values instead of %, and check the meva- stuff. On one hand you have a very powerful debuff which is unresistable and un-eraseable and works for all elements. On the other hand you have a debuff that can be resisted, can be erased, it's waaaay less powerful, it's unlocked through job points and it works for a single element at a time.
    With all these requirements Threnodies should be MORE powerful than Languor, or at least equal. Sigh...

Did they answer Byrth's question about 56k packets etc etc?

Campaign
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by tenkiki View Post

The no SR campaign was bullshit. Likewise no Alluvion augment campaign. Hope they'll change their mind in the future.
    Ambuscade-only from now until march looks very depressing, not sure I'm gonna manage to keep playing that long with just that, but then again it's no big deal if I stop playing for a few months, is it?
    Bet after Salvage they'll start with Nyzul sets, that means September, October and November. After that we'd be left with 4 new months, not sure what they'll do. Rotate old sets? Or recycle something else, dunno. Is there any other iconic set from the past that they could use for those 4 months, other than the 3 Nyzul sets?
    I guess there's the 3 assault sets...

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Quote Originally Posted by Sechs View Post
    The no SR campaign was bullshit. Likewise no Alluvion augment campaign. Hope they'll change their mind in the future.
    Ambuscade-only from now until march looks very depressing, not sure I'm gonna manage to keep playing that long with just that, but then again it's no big deal if I stop playing for a few months, is it?
    Bet after Salvage they'll start with Nyzul sets, that means September, October and November. After that we'd be left with 4 new months, not sure what they'll do. Rotate old sets? Or recycle something else, dunno. Is there any other iconic set from the past that they could use for those 4 months, other than the 3 Nyzul sets?
    I guess there's the 3 assault sets...
    They could always do the 5 white versions of the ebon etc gear since they did the black set for random augments in abyssea and the red set for skirmish. Otherwise I'm not too sure what hasn't been reused already at some point beyond the brand new sets in reisenjima and bayld gear from adoulin. There's plenty of incomplete sets from abyssea and meebles but they've been reused in escha etc.

Campaign
    BG Level

I called Nyzul because it seemed in line with the ToAU inspired Salvage sets of Ambuscade so far, plus I think the models for Nyzul sets haven't been used in quite some time.
    Likewise the 3 Assault sets models have NEVER been reused all together since they originally came out. Unless I forget something?
    Both these sets are more "iconic" than the Ebon gear, imho.

Granted that getting more of those cool white sets would be nice, if anything even just for lockstyle lol. Just saying they were, dunno, less iconic, more bland, compared to those six event-tied sets.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

I called Nyzul because it seemed in line with the ToAU inspired Salvage sets of Ambuscade so far, plus I think the models for Nyzul sets haven't been used in quite some time.
    Likewise the 3 Assault sets models have NEVER been reused all together since they originally came out. Unless I forget something?
    Both these sets are more "iconic" than the Ebon gear, imho.

Granted that getting more of those cool white sets would be nice, if anything even just for lockstyle lol. Just saying they were, dunno, less iconic, more bland, compared to those six event-tied sets.
    They could some of the various "JSE" sets and just expand their jobs. Like Ebon for WAR/PLD/DRK, Dragon for light armor, Igqira for mages, etc. I am pretty sure Dragon and Igqira haven't been re-used and are even older. That said, I think they'll do what you are speculating first.

Pro's Pet
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Nothing on the lore questions, I feel sincerely disappointed ._.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

they need at least 7-8 armor sets until march 2017. 3 from nyzul isle, 3 from assault and the remaining 2 einherjar sets that never were reused.
    Still only haveing ambuscade until next march is royaly fucked. Its shit content i barely manage to finish. I really really hope for an expansion. and yeah fuck master trials!

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

I feel like they pretty much admitted they can barely make new assets (aside from a new weapon here and there), an expansion (even a small DLC one) seems like a pipe dream.

Campaign
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Damane View Post
    they need at least 7-8 armor sets until march 2017.
    Why 7-8? More like 6-7 if march is included or not.
    August ==> Morrigan
    Then we have September, October, November, December, January, February. That's 6 months.
    Then either March will be the "last" Ambuscade month, or the first with new stuff.
    That sounds like 6-7 guaranteed new seets, not 7-8.

Of course that could be TWENTY if they wanted, just saying how many are guaranteed going by their "until march" statement.
    Which to be fair is no guarantee at all as they could change model by stopping to release new sets and just cycle the 5 old ones.

I share your hate with Master Trials but things would be different if they either made the entry free or if they gave some interesting drop. Doesn't have to be new stuff, they could drop lots of expensive mats in your personal pool and then some more in the common pool.
    Then it would give people more motivation to attempt to do them I'm sure.

Campaign
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kincard View Post
    I feel like they pretty much admitted they can barely make new assets (aside from a new weapon here and there), an expansion (even a small DLC one) seems like a pipe dream.
    Super unnecessary optimism here, but having most of their (few) devs busy on a low cost Expansion might be the reason why the rest of the staff is in the situation you described.
    I.e. they can't do much until march because they're busy doing something else behind the curtains.

I don't expect that to be, but if they were honest about the possible new expansion thing and there were no mistranlations/interpretations issues (like you pointed out in your previous post) then it could be possible. After all Adoulin kinda came out of nowhere. Spira datamined the city and then Expansion was announced right after and Adoulin was released pretty fast after that, it didn't take them that long to release it, did it?

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Silenka View Post
    Don't be silly, an AMA with SE staff would be fucking worthless.

"We can neither confirm nor deny that."

"You'll see."

"Unfortunately, we are not able to do that [even though it should be easily possible]"

"There are changes coming. Please look forward to it."
    I'm so good at this.

Pretty much fucking done with Square-Enix at this point. They sorely need a complete change in staff and policy. I resubbed XI for nostalgia and to do the newer storylines after XIV was a horrible disappointment, and XI is now careening into the same ditch of unimaginative content and the investment of none of the sub fees back into the game itself (a problem that XIV seems to have as well, despite having a fucking cash shop on top of its sub fees, 30$ for a mount are you FUCKING CRAZY).

The support for the community and transparency is just not there. This AMA proves it over again, as it went exactly how I expected it to. 20% insightful questions about the limitations of the hardware/software and future of the game that get swept under the rug with "waahh this is too hard for us", 50% questions that have already been answered in the past, and 30% questions about stupid bullshit like "kan I haz moogle mount plz" and "what color is this armor", which are the only questions we can expect them to have any type of satisfactory answer for because it's stupid inconsequential bullshit.

Also, this question:

"Can you officially confirm the crafting variables? Does direction, day of the week, time of day etc. effect crafting in any way?"

The question is posed in Japanese like so -
    Code:
     合成の変数地について何か公式にコメントできる内容はありますでしょうか? 向いている方角、日時、時間などは実際に合成に影響が出ているのでしょうか?
    which basically reads like "Do things like direction, time of day and hour actually exert any effect on synthesis?" and the answer
    Code:
    でません
    can be read "it does not [exert any effect]". Yet curiously it was translated as "no comment". There is some bullshit going on here.

Useless.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

dirty double

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Did they answer Byrth's question about 56k packets etc etc?
    For reasons to abstruce to elucidate, it's impossible. I did a follow-up question pointing out that it's probably possible.

Campaign
    BG Level

Knowing how little technical details Matsui and Fujito know about FFXI (and that part was definitely very technical) I woudn't even rule out they had good intentions when they answered the first time...
    Hope they read the translation of your follow-up and will ask their team to investigate further.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast