Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
    Relic Shield
    BG Level

I like Ambuscade, I just dont like the amount of time one must put in to get the full +1 set at least. Its like I know they want to give us stuff to keep busy but Id like to accomplish other things too.

Bacon
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Argent Dawn

Ambugrind is fun through the nq gear. I feel after that is when it really wears on me. More ways to get the seals would help out a lot too.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

I did like 35k points already this month. It's great to have an event my Dancer destroys.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Between head and legs it really starts killing me. And if the fight sucks ass it cna be even worse. Somehow me dual boxin pld + whm and my friend on whatever job we find is best seem to have better luck than any full pt i got in. So I been pretty much stickin to that.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Byrthnoth View Post
    I did like 35k points already this month. It's great to have an event my Dancer destroys.
    Fully/practically buffed, how high can DNC spike on this bird?

Relic Shield
    BG Level

although we doin just difficult my friend is on DNC and he just saves up to 3k before i kill the first Adds and he kills them within 10 seconds, so we only have to deal with first wave. Im not sure if its possible on VD I dont think we have even tried.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

I've broken 70k with Rudra's and can generally sneak two in (with skillchain) before Impact Barrier goes up. I've oneshotted the bird this way starting from 90% (but the add still spawns and you have to kill it). I've only done VD.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

I'm sure there's a million ways to do this fight, but I usually have a second thf with me. I TARudra my RDM/WHM, which spawns the first set of adds, kill those, then simultaneously SARudra the bird with the other THF as soon as the adds are down, and that instantly kills it. It's become pretty routine.

I still need to drag the two good THFs in my shell into this together because I'm pretty sure we can all time Rudra together and kill it from 90% before it spawns any adds. Should be a sure thing with 3 THFs, possible but will require some luck with 2.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Damane View Post
    This is the fucking FFXIV model noone in FFXI wants...
    Hell no it's not. IV gets a lot more new content for their monthly fee. XI has become offline game you pay for every month. That's fine if you RMT, not much other reason

Heck, even some F2P get way more content. Guild wars 2 just got living season 3, new masteries, and new fractal/pvp/world zones. Then the ones you pay for new content, like the Witcher, add 30-40 quality hours in all new areas for roughly the cost of 1 month of ambu-grind (or 80 fucking inventory)

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Hitou View Post
    But is stat +1 worth the 400k or so you could get selling HP bayld with that 800 points?! But yeah, no. Screw grinding 20k each month for the last dye. If you grind that much anyway more power to you. I managed to hit 20k this month but I'm more than burned out on Ambuscade at this point.
    Ill just get the dye with total HM next month lol, so next cape will be stat+28
    No biggie, ive only got 3 capes per char (nyn thf blu sam, keh sam thf geo, ver blm sch and rdm, i never use nyns sam, or kehs sam, or vermys rdm). I could get a pld cape for nyn, but its not worth it.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ihina View Post
    I'm sure there's a million ways to do this fight, but I usually have a second thf with me. I TARudra my RDM/WHM, which spawns the first set of adds, kill those, then simultaneously SARudra the bird with the other THF as soon as the adds are down, and that instantly kills it. It's become pretty routine.

I still need to drag the two good THFs in my shell into this together because I'm pretty sure we can all time Rudra together and kill it from 90% before it spawns any adds. Should be a sure thing with 3 THFs, possible but will require some luck with 2.
    WS when he uses a TP move and you have enough time to skillchain.if he readies the barrier move,an add will spawn though.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

For the record, they corrected the "Does direction / weekday / etc. have any effect on crafting?" question's answer to be "They do not."

Mystery fucking solved forever.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Requesting someone make the FFXI section banner some massively derogatory comment about how fucking stupid people have been for 13 fucking years.

Any blend of insults and pictures will do. I just don't want anyone to be able to use this section as a reference in any way without bathing in the shame of their own ignorance and idiocy.

Campaign
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Byrthnoth View Post
    For the record, they corrected the "Does direction / weekday / etc. have any effect on crafting?" question's answer to be "They do not."

Mystery fucking solved forever.
    Wait, what? They changed their answer? Really?
    I'm fine with the direction/day but did they include moon phase too? Because I was pretty told by multiple people moon phase DID have an effect instead.

Goddamnit no, stop. Just stop.

It was a far-fetched allakhazam thing that has gone on for far too long.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Quote Originally Posted by Sechs View Post
    I'm fine with the direction/day but did they include moon phase too? Because I was pretty confident moon phase DID have an effect instead.
    Moon phase has no effect on crafting besides fishing.

Campaign
    BG Level

Going by this it doesn't include moon phase. There's an "etc" but I guess that goes down to personal interpretation wether that includes moon phase or not. I'd be [b[very[/b] glad if that were true.

I have not much experience with crafting unlike others in here, personally I never really noticed any statistically relevant variable affecting crafting, and that includes moon phase too. People kept telling me moon phase worked for real blahblah, but honestly I always ignored it all. Fuck waiting or caring for moon phases, srsly.
    What I did personally notice is some sort of "streak", I'm not sure if this is meant to be or if it's a consequence of how naive their random number generator is, but very often I get HQs close to each other, it happened so often I doubt it's just a coincidence.
    But again, maybe it's not some hidden and intended-to-be mechanic, but just a side product of how their RNG works?

I remember other people talking about something like this in the past but never found any solid evidence. Not like it's something you can "control" anyway, it was just out of pure curiosity.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

It's confirmation bias. People decide that new moon = HQs and then they only craft on new moon. Only crafting on new moon is one way to ensure you only HQ on new moon.

Campaign
    BG Level

That's very logical. Hope it's exactely like that, makes me feel less bad for always ignoring that stuff :D

Instead did you ever experience this "HQ streak" thing yourself Byrth?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Sechs View Post
    I'm fine with the direction/day but did they include moon phase too? Because I was pretty told by multiple people moon phase DID have an effect instead.
    Wow you really are full retard.

Nevermind the 10+ years of HARD STATISTICAL EVIDENCE, you even want to clutch to superstition in the face of official statements.

Woo boy. Science illiteracy is a helluva drug.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast