Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast
    New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Viar View Post
    F2P is never free. They are charging sub fee because FFXI player base don't accept pay to win model. Just look at the outrage generated from mog wardrobe 3 and 4 fee. Charging anymore than that you see people rage quit.

People need to understand that what works in other mmo isn't always gonna work in FFXI.
    um in F2P i can log on the game without paying a sub. That is quite a significant difference. I can stay totally clear of cash shops too. It's up to me. There's no more P2W in the gem store than there is in XI. It's all fluff, convenience, and cosmetics - in other words, the same shit XI is implementing, along with keeping the sub fee AND putting out way less content, for at least an entire year

Evoking the P2W argument for MMOs honestly shows he hasn't played any recent F2P game. Browser/Mobile games? Sure. Otherwise, anything I've played has largely been doable without spending a dime. Games like XI, XIV, and WoW are more the exception these days with having their sub fee. Nonetheless, the big reason why I tend not to stick around with any of them is they all keep repeating the same mistakes.

BG's #1 Hatsune Miku fan!
    BG Level

I was really surprised when somebody asked about the possibility of another expansion and they said they would, "consider it".

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Azuremyst

Quote Originally Posted by Outlaw View Post
    I was really surprised when somebody asked about the possibility of another expansion and they said they would, "consider it".
    It's not coming. It would be financial suicide to admit nothing is coming. By keeping it hopefully ambiguous they can draw more cash.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Quote Originally Posted by Guitarman View Post
    It's not coming. It would be financial suicide to admit nothing is coming. By keeping it hopefully ambiguous they can draw more cash.
    The game itself has 3 more slots for expansion titles meaning they very well could, especially with the way FFXIV is going and development can actually be moved away from the PS2 (IF SE allows them to actually get the resources needed.) WILL it happen? Who knows, but the client certainly is future proofed incase they DO happen to decide to drop more expansions.

I think FFXI should be Free-2-Play
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by arus2001 View Post
    Evoking the P2W argument for MMOs honestly shows he hasn't played any recent F2P game. Browser/Mobile games? Sure. Otherwise, anything I've played has largely been doable without spending a dime. Games like XI, XIV, and WoW are more the exception these days with having their sub fee. Nonetheless, the big reason why I tend not to stick around with any of them is they all keep repeating the same mistakes.

If you have read my previous post you would see I didn't use any term such as "pay to win" when describing those games, I only say the game isn't really free. That doesn't necessary indicating those games make you pay overpowered items.

I have played ESO, GW2, SWTOR a while ago if those titles aren't recent enough. Sure, you can play without spending any money, I also feel I'm missing quite a bit of stuff without paying. SWTOR was nearly unplayable without spending money if I remember correctly(been very long time since I last played), just because too many features are locked. ESO has tons of content that's only accessible if you pay.

Although GW2 is quite playable without paying, it's pretty much the best example of very little content in MMO. It definitely had way, way, way less things to do than FFXI last time I played. I don't understand why people keep saying FFXI has less content than GW2. You know, 90% of playerbase haven't even finish Escha in FFXI, in fact more than half of people in my social ls haven't even clear T3, and people are saying FFXI has no content compare with GW2? The fact that FFXI has 22 jobs to work on and grind gears for, v.s GW2 has 9. Yeah, I see some biased opinions here.

What I meant by "F2P games aren't really free", I wasn't saying those titles allow you to pay real money for overpowered items. Instead they try to make money off you whenever it's possible, by popping out Windows to sell stuff, lock content or features behind paywall, and the list goes on. Those things ruins playing experience and make me feel Im not getting the full experience unless I pay.

People need to understand MMO is just a service to generate revenue, and game companies needs to find a way to make you pay in order to keep the game running. That's what I meant by no games are free, they don't necessary need to put overpowered items only accessible through real money, but they will try to make you pay as much as possible just because there's no reason to keep the game running if no one is paying.

A lot of companies also do F2P to establish bigger player community, they dont necessary do F2P due to the lack of content. FFXI playerbase are used to sub model and will pay for it anyways, there's absolutely no reason for them to change the subscription model and lose all the faithful playerbase unless it's proven to generate more revenue with the new model.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by steellord View Post
    in other words, the same shit XI is implementing, along with keeping the sub fee AND putting out way less content, for at least an entire year
    Just FYI, since 2015 August, SE has released 2 escha zone(raid content), which majority of playerbase haven't even finish nor getting anywhere close to finish, and 4 different ambuscades with 2 different modes so that's like 8 BC total, plus new quests and story. Although you can argue that ambuscade is same content, 2 escha zones for raiders is by no means "no content". It's raid content that requires a bit of work to balance difficulties and NM mechanics.

Not to mention none of the above content required additional payment unlike Heart of thorns which cost $50 .

Compare that to GW2 living story season 3 then proceed to claim FFXI has way less content this entire year isn't doing FFXI justice IMO.

From what I've read, you are unhappy because of $13 a month, not because of the lack of content this entire year. But FFXI going F2P may only benefit you as a player, not the game revenue generation as a whole since SE will lose money from sub plus they need to spend the money to promote FFXI again to get more players.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Sechs View Post
    Outrage? Which outrage?
    I see max 10 people complaining, at leadt 6 of which already bent over to 90° like the non-complaining ones and bought them.

I wish there had been a real outrage, then maybe they would've changed their ways, but alas it's been a "success", Matsui himself confirmed it.
    I see 37 people upvoted "no thanks" comment on ah.com. Some people don't necessary pop on the forum to voice their opinion, that doesn't mean they think it's acceptable.

If there are no outrage it wouldn't turn into pages of argument in that thread.

Matsui's definition for "success" doesn't mean players support it, it only means people choose to pay for that in the end, probably because they have no choice.

I'm against FFXI charging optional fee for services like this, but I still paid for it just because I need it, and I feel SE just forced the policy because they know some people really need it. Just because I have no choice but pay for it doesn't mean I wholeheartedly support it.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Just FYI, since 2015 August, SE has released 2 escha zone(raid content), which majority of playerbase haven't even finish nor getting anywhere close to finish, and 4 different ambuscades with 2 different modes so that's like 8 BC total, plus new quests and story. Although you can argue that ambuscade is same content, 2 escha zones for raiders is by no means "no content". It's raid content that requires a bit of work to balance difficulties and NM mechanics.

Not to mention none of the above content required additional payment unlike Heart of thorns which cost $50 .

Compare that to GW2 living story season 3 then proceed to claim FFXI has way less content this entire year isn't doing FFXI justice IMO.

From what I've read, you are unhappy because of $13 a month, not because of the lack of content this entire year.
    almost 13 years of XI here. Yes escha was great, but since the official "no new content announcement" for march 2016 we have been getting exactly that.. shit. You consider Ambuscade content, I consider it a piece of shit just to make you log and stay subed, because it resets monthly. Its not fun its not challenging, its garbage. This isnt some good quality content i am used from FF11. And frankly the lack of ally content is disturbing (Last was Escha).
    Ambuscade is the laziest/cheapiest way to throw content at us. Everything inside there is reused. From mobs to armor to the zone.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Remit One (1) Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Qeomash Pandemonium
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Honestly, converting to free to play would probably be a lot of work in designing things that you could justify paying for to make it worth it. They should just reduce the subscription fee to like $3.99 a month or something. I would resub and putz around for that.

SE needs to realize they made their money off of it, and milking it now risks tarnishing the game's legacy.

Pro's Pet
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

I think it's a stupid idea to even suggest FFXI to go free to play.

I do think a lowering in the fee(maybe from 13 to 10)is due considering the way they're running the game now; but it's solely from a moral standpoint which unfortunately is usually ignored in business.

Atheist Douchebag.
    Pony Slayer of the House of Weave

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Seha View Post
    I think it's a stupid idea to even suggest FFXI to go free to play.

I do think a lowering in the fee(maybe from 13 to 10)is due considering the way they're running the game now; but it's solely from a moral standpoint which unfortunately is usually ignored in business.
    The fuck... If they lowered the fee to 3.99, as suggested above, possible 4.99, they'd probably have enough people resub to carry the difference.

SE very rarely does anything too smart from a business standpoint. I don't understand your "moral" argument.

Pro's Pet
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

They reduced the staff, no more major updates, etc. Morally speaking, they should lower the fee because we're not getting the same service anymore.

Atheist Douchebag.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

No, from a business sense they should lower the price because they're trying to offer a substandard version of the same product for the previous rate.

Morality doesn't really have anything to do with this.

Pro's Pet
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

I guess understanding what I say is too hard.

Campaign
    BG Level

Some people don't necessary pop on the forum to voice their opinion
    If they don't I'm not sure "outrage" is the right word to describe the situation.

Regardless of that, Matsui himself called the Wardrobe3/4 a "success", which clearly means that SE reached their goal, whatever it was.
    So your talk about angry people (like me!) is moot, because we're clearly an ignorable minority in this scenario.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Damane View Post
    I consider it a piece of shit just to make you log and stay subed
    If it was a piece of shit, youd unsub...

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Seha View Post
    I guess understanding what I say is too hard.
    You're trying to apply morals to a business model, which is a concept that morality does not apply to. It's you who is not making any sense.

The company isn't morally obligated to do a damn thing. They may feel obligated to do things or not do things based on the profits they're making, but that doesn't have anything to do with morals, either.

FFXI is profitable right now because the sub fees they're raking in (probably) greatly eclipse the money they're putting into the game. If they were to lower the sub fee, it would make the current customers happy and possibly play longer, and would likely bring in new players as well. But whether they will do it or not will completely depend on how much they think changing the status quo would benefit them. Again, nothing to do with morality.

Unfortunately for us, SE (or any game company) doesn't operate based on how much it owes the players. It's all about their bottom line.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Announcing the FFXI Development Team Reddit AMA (07/18/2016)

If SE has 50k accounts active at 13 bucks per account and they drop the monthly fee by 3 bucks, thats 150k less every month. In order to recoup that, they would need to bring in 15k active accounts, and thats not even factoring in potential extra bandwith. Do you think 15k old players will suddenly resub because the game is 10$/mo instead of 13$/mo?

*if my math is wrong here, im sorry in advance.

Atheist Douchebag.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Silenka View Post
    You're trying to apply morals to a business model, which is a concept that morality does not apply to. It's you who is not making any sense.

The company isn't morally obligated to do a damn thing. They may feel obligated to do things or not do things based on the profits they're making, but that doesn't have anything to do with morals, either.

FFXI is profitable right now because the sub fees they're raking in (probably) greatly eclipse the money they're putting into the game. If they were to lower the sub fee, it would make the current customers happy and possibly play longer, and would likely bring in new players as well. But whether they will do it or not will completely depend on how much they think changing the status quo would benefit them. Again, nothing to do with morality.

Unfortunately for us, SE (or any game company) doesn't operate based on how much it owes the players. It's all about their bottom line.
    Yep

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast