BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

Announcing the FFXI Development Team Reddit AMA (07/18/2016)

Join Producer Akihiko Matsui and Director Yoji Fujito on Reddit in the first-ever FINAL FANTASY XI development team AMA! We're sure there are an overwhelming amount of burning questions from the community, and they'll be doing their best to answer as many as they can. We're eagerly awaiting your questions!

What
    An open Q&A session where the developers of FINAL FANTASY XI answer questions about all things Vana'diel!

Who
    Producer Akihiko Matsui
    Director Yoji Fujito

Where
    The FINAL FANTASY XI subreddit page on Reddit

When
    Monday, July 25, 2016
    - 4:00 p.m. PDT / 7:00 p.m. EDT: Question submission opens
    - 6:30 p.m. PDT / 9:30 p.m. EDT: Question answering begins
    - 8:00 p.m. PDT / 11:00 p.m. EDT: Question answering concludes

This would be a good place to brainstorm and toss out what you'd like to ask.. But please make sure you ask the questions you need to ask on the Reddit AMA when it goes live

Guess I'll make a reddit account for this. Interesting opportunity at least.

The first two questions that popped into my head are:

1. Are scenario writers such as Yaeko Sato and Yoshitsugu Saito still part of the FFXI team even after the staff reductions?

2. (Probably question everyone wants to know about) Was Rhapsodies really the last major story for the game? Has anything changed to make another expansion possible in the future?

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Are you working on a way to be able to implement animations? Such as new spells etc. That is what I want to know lol

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by stamos View Post
    Are you working on a way to be able to implement animations? Such as new spells etc. That is what I want to know lol
    They already answered this and said no.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

I'll be asking what's next for Naoshi Mizuta. Wonder what he's composing for 2016 and beyond.

No details of how they're picking the questions yet- if it'll be based off upvotes or whatever would it be better for BG to compile a list of questions everyone likes beforehand?

Very Sexy Nerd
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Someone please ask about monstrosity.

(Not a huge thing since I'm probably never going back to playing, but if someone could ask if they could "fix" the rng mythic to not be a piece of shit, i'd <3 you (either the aftermath can proc on barrage and ws, or change the aftermath to multiattacks :/))

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

I'm gonna ask them after all these years, what was their original intention with AV/PW, i.e. were they originally meant to be a server effort and we were all just too stubborn to realize this, or were they intended to be extremely near impossible fights to just be fun for the challenge and not the loot.

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Julian View Post

(Not a huge thing since I'm probably never going back to playing, but if someone could ask if they could "fix" the rng mythic to not be a piece of shit, i'd <3 you (either the aftermath can proc on barrage and ws, or change the aftermath to multiattacks :/))
    I really wish they finished Monstrosity :/ would have been a lot of fun.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kincard View Post
    No details of how they're picking the questions yet- if it'll be based off upvotes or whatever would it be better for BG to compile a list of questions everyone likes beforehand?
    One of the community reps will be the "middle man", and he plays FFXI and has a number of things he'd like asked, so I think he'll be able to get a number of good ones in for people.

Quote Originally Posted by Robertfb View Post
    I'm gonna ask them after all these years, what was their original intention with AV/PW, i.e. were they originally meant to be a server effort and we were all just too stubborn to realize this, or were they intended to be extremely near impossible fights to just be fun for the challenge and not the loot.
    Were these two the ones who made AV/PW? If not, there's no chance at getting a true answer here.

Art Connesseur of Blue Gartr
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Odess E'iron
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Much as I want to look forward to this, I'm sure a lot of these questions will be a variation of:

"No, there are no plans for it"
    "We will consult the development staff, but resources are limited"
    "There are server limitations as to what we can implement"

and so on

Campaign
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kanriel View Post
    Were these two the ones who made AV/PW? If not, there's no chance at getting a true answer here.
    Pretty confident Matsui and Fujito were part of the original FFXI development team. This doesn't mean they were involved in designing AV and PW and/or the game design choices behind them.
    Hell, maybe they don't even remember.

Given the attention media gave to FFXI and these two monsters (to the point SE had to change how they work) I'm pretty confident they do remember them very well.
    Whether they want to share the truth behind them or not is anothe story.
    Most of the time their answers to questions like these feel so contrived and fake =/

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

This is an opportunity to ask somewhat technical questions without risking your account. They will all probably get stonewalled due to both ignorance and potentially policy, but asking the question might make the devs ask their tech guy that question and it might cascade.

For instance:
    FFXI was developed to work over 28k internet connections and made some data-transfer concessions as a result. Now that high-speed internet is much more common, would it be possible to increase the amount of server-client traffic either by increasing the frequency with which packets are sent or by increasing the size of the packets? Doing so could dramatically reduce area loading times and would make the game generally run smoother.
    This kind of question is almost certainly going to get stonewalled because it requires actual investigation from the technical team, but it might at least inject the idea.

Bacon
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Argent Dawn

I'd like to see if they have a roadmap for the game going forward.

Something like: What are you currently planning for ffxi through the rest of the year? Can we get a road map like we have in the past?

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

Ask them nothing at all and see what they do.

PUP Power!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Zieara View Post
    I'd like to see if they have a roadmap for the game going forward.

Something like: What are you currently planning for ffxi through the rest of the year? Can we get a road map like we have in the past?
    Great question. I would ask that foremost.

will they consider developing a FFXI 2.0, with updated graphics and mechanics, while focusing on appealing to players who want a challenge? Considering the plethora of story content already available, they could easily do a gradual re-release starting with original game + zilart and working their way up, even adding new lore and battle systems. If they focus on challenging encounters and keeping gear swapping, they could probably appeal to a different audience entirely than FFXIV, i think. :s

Duplicitous Jew with Political Aspirations
    BG Level

Someone ask if they would make an offline version of FFXI using the Trust system to make parties. I'd play that.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Quote Originally Posted by Julian View Post

Uhh, that's already arguably one of the strongest mythics.

Atheist Douchebag.
    Pony Slayer of the House of Weave

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Ask about AV/PW and don't take no for an answer.

This is the only question left in FFXI besides Almighty Apkallu spawn conditions.

Also ask if they're gonna add more fishing stuff.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast