1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 23 hours, 51 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 0 hours, 8 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 6 days, 16 hours, 51 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in -7 hours, -52 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 129

Thread: Patch 3.35 Notes     submit to reddit submit to twitter submit to tumblr

  1. #21
    Nidhogg
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    3,702
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

    Quote Originally Posted by Eludi View Post
    Better yet, Northern Thanalan, Coerthas and Mor Dhona dont work.
    So the only place with halfway tolerable FATEs doesn't work.

  2. #22
    Hyperion Cross
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    7,193
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

    FATEs......................

    (ignore the kfc bucket, focus on the tone)


  3. #23
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    11,401
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiye View Post
    3 Medals per minion

    7 Legendary medals per weapon.

    lmao

    Also I'm like 2/7 on legendary medals.
    legendary medals go 7 > 9 > 11 > 15 > 15 > 15 > 15 (thats as far as people have gotten so far)

    I get it that some people will be done with this shit in a few days. But holy shit HeavensGrind is at its finest. What ever happened to a game having a casual daily grind to get everything for special events. This is rather unacceptable for a limited timed event when you need upwards of 170 atma drops to finish

  4. #24
    Can you spare some gil?
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    6,965
    BG Level
    8

    Heavensgrind? Sorry this is 2.0 crap, nothing different for that era.

  5. #25
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    11,401
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

    170+ atma in a 3 month period is not 2.0 era

  6. #26
    Cake Bitch
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    29,492
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

    I remember when people were like "Man, I wish there were just grinds like the old days that we could do and know we're slowly making progress to something"

    then they added assorted amounts of fate grinds and other stuff

    "Man, Heavensgrind is so fucking boring guh."

    Not to say their method of adding artificially inflated grinds is right, but just goes to show that nobody is ever happy about anything ever RIP

  7. #27
    Hyperion Cross
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    7,193
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

    I guess it's the fact we're funneled into it.

    Had it been a few different avenues like:

    weekly quest (3 HW ex-primal)
    craft 10 specific items
    Gold Saucer (100000gp)/choco racing/vermillion/gate
    fates (rng)
    mentor roulette quest
    tomes
    pvp roulette thing (dunno what you call it)
    deeper dungeon
    treasure chests
    hunts

    I think we'd be more accepting of it. but once again neutering us from level cap to do 1 solely boring event is a bit extreme

  8. #28
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    11,401
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

    Akiyama, you can defend the content all you want but your missing the big picture.

    I don't mind side content grinds. I've kept up the w/the relic and other stuff because it's side content grinds that I don't feel you need to rush though like some people do. It's the fact they added this very serious grind and put a time limit on it. If it was a permanent event then do w/e they like.

    But as it stands you have roughly 70 days to gather 175+ atma. That's roughly 3 a day if you don't skip a day or take a break. For content we may never see again I do find that troubling. It took me 60 fates to get 7 tokens today.

    So again, my problem is it with the grind per se, it's with the time limit associated with an event that has such an extensive grind attached to it

    Add in the fact they dont allow 3.0 fates into the mix and you have old content you can't really use to even level a class

  9. #29
    Cake Bitch
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    29,492
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

    Quote Originally Posted by Katlan View Post
    Akiyama, you can defend the content all you want but your missing the big picture.

    I don't mind side content grinds. I've kept up the w/the relic and other stuff because it's side content grinds that I don't feel you need to rush though like some people do. It's the fact they added this very serious grind and put a time limit on it. If it was a permanent event then do w/e they like.

    But as it stands you have roughly 70 days to gather 175+ atma. That's roughly 3 a day if you don't skip a day or take a break. For content we may never see again I do find that troubling. It took me 60 fates to get 7 tokens today.

    So again, my problem is it with the grind per se, it's with the time limit associated with an event that has such an extensive grind attached to it

    Add in the fact they dont allow 3.0 fates into the mix and you have old content you can't really use to even level a class
    Well first of all, I wasn't actually defending it. I was just saying what's on people's minds. It's a case of be careful what you ask for in this casual MMO day in age, really.

    Also, you don't *have* to gather 175+ atma (it's actually more like 260+ or so), you choose to. There's some weapons I don't really give a shit about and I don't really care about the second mount either. I just mostly wanted the weapons for the classes that I like and the mount from the minions. That's just me though.

    I get your point, of course. The way they tend to measure their 'grinds' meaning fates is still awful. Wish they'd change that

  10. #30
    Cerberus
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    458
    BG Level
    4
    FFXIV Character
    Hioki Mitone
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Destromath

    Quote Originally Posted by Katlan View Post
    But as it stands you have roughly 70 days to gather 175+ atma. That's roughly 3 a day if you don't skip a day or take a break. For content we may never see again I do find that troubling. It took me 60 fates to get 7 tokens today.
    You're luck is either terrible or my luck is amazing. It took about 14 fates to knock out 7 legendaries in south shroud and another 3 fates to knock out 1 in central shroud.

    It doesn't seem the rate is all to bad on legendary medals. That's not to say it's a well designed event but there seems to be some drama level numbers coming out that are pretty unrealistic.

  11. #31
    The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    16,734
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

    Quote Originally Posted by The Stig View Post
    I guess it's the fact we're funneled into it.

    Had it been a few different avenues like:

    weekly quest (3 HW ex-primal)
    craft 10 specific items
    Gold Saucer (100000gp)/choco racing/vermillion/gate
    fates (rng)
    mentor roulette quest
    tomes
    pvp roulette thing (dunno what you call it)
    deeper dungeon
    treasure chests
    hunts

    I think we'd be more accepting of it. but once again neutering us from level cap to do 1 solely boring event is a bit extreme
    I wouldn't. I mean, I understand your point, but not to be a contrarian, but its a MMO. MMO's are grinds. I don't care which one you're playing at what point in MMO history.

    They could have handled this better. Every MMO on God's green earth could have handled their grinds better. You'll grind the content if you want the loot in the end, though. We all know that.

  12. #32
    Lostbane
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    3,036
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Mexi Lostbane
    FFXIV Server
    Siren
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

    This is a grind for a crossover event which is worse than your freaking relic

  13. #33
    Nidhogg
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    3,702
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

    Quote Originally Posted by Eldelphia View Post
    This is a grind for a crossover event which is worse than your freaking relic
    It's funny too, because the PSO2xFFXIV crossover is amazing if not straight forward. It mixes both FFXIV and PSO2 content for the specific quest that ends in a fight with Odin. When Sega does something better than you on a base level, you know you kinda screwed the pooch.

    (Drop rates still suck though.)

  14. #34
    Relic Horn
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    3,454
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    To be fair if they did a cross over event that ended in a boss fight people would be bitching because it was too easy. (Because it would be.)

  15. #35
    Salvage Bans
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    964
    BG Level
    5
    FFXIV Character
    Harold Saxon
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok

    What i-level weapon do you get from this?

  16. #36
    Relic Shield
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    1,694
    BG Level
    6
    FFXIV Character
    Waka Bo
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    lvl 30 weapon, glamour really.

  17. #37
    Salvage Bans
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    964
    BG Level
    5
    FFXIV Character
    Harold Saxon
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok

    lol

  18. #38
    Black Belt
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    5,688
    BG Level
    8

    Their entire design philosophy now revolves solely around the question "how can we keep players logged in longer?"

    -Broken queues
    -Ridiculous grinds for menial glamour items
    -Rage-inducing RNG on things that shouldn't depend on RNG
    -Repetitive beast tribe quests

    and much more! Gotta make sure the sheep are doing more than just logging in an hour a day to cap their dailies!

  19. #39

    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    1,162
    BG Level
    6
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    Quote Originally Posted by Destinye View Post
    It's funny too, because the PSO2xFFXIV crossover is amazing if not straight forward. It mixes both FFXIV and PSO2 content for the specific quest that ends in a fight with Odin. When Sega does something better than you on a base level, you know you kinda screwed the pooch.

    (Drop rates still suck though.)
    Can say myself that PSO2 is more fun to play than this. But can get expensive with it's P2P model and anti-foreign player thing..

  20. #40
    Salvage Bans
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    964
    BG Level
    5
    FFXIV Character
    Harold Saxon
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok

    Quote Originally Posted by Silenka View Post
    Their entire design philosophy now revolves solely around the question "how can we keep players logged in longer?" without making more fights
    More like this. And they now decide to stagger content to try and keep people interested between patches.

Similar Threads

  1. Patch 1.18a Notes
    By Lucienne in forum FFXIV: Official News and Information
    Replies: 100
    Last Post: 2011-08-10, 06:14
  2. Patch 1.18 Notes (07/21/2011)
    By Kurokikaze in forum FFXIV: Official News and Information
    Replies: 453
    Last Post: 2011-08-02, 18:06
  3. Patch 1.17c Notes
    By Grey Jorildyn in forum FFXIV: Official News and Information
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 2011-06-18, 00:40
  4. Patch 1.17b Notes
    By Grey Jorildyn in forum FFXIV: Official News and Information
    Replies: 90
    Last Post: 2011-05-30, 04:59
  5. Patch 1.17a Notes (04/25/2011)
    By Kurokikaze in forum FFXIV: Official News and Information
    Replies: 74
    Last Post: 2011-04-27, 14:10
  6. Patch 1.17 Notes (04/14/2011)
    By Kurokikaze in forum FFXIV: Official News and Information
    Replies: 199
    Last Post: 2011-04-25, 15:12
  7. Patch 1.16 Notes (03/03/2011)
    By Kurokikaze in forum FFXIV: Official News and Information
    Replies: 130
    Last Post: 2011-03-08, 18:22
  8. Patch 1.15b Notes (02/17/2011)
    By Corrderio in forum FFXIV: Official News and Information
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 2011-02-19, 08:53