+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 30 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 ... LastLast
    Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kirin View Post
    I've been thinking about a few things since the final trailer and rewatching S1 in preparation. Going to spoiler just in case.

Spoiler: show
    Is Will slowly becoming another Eleven throughout S2?

After spending an extended amount of time in the upside down and clearly having increasing issues in the ~year since S1, i'm wondering if this isn't the case.

If Eleven can be born with natural telekinesis and psychic ability, has Will's long exposure to the toxic environment of the upside down as an alien somehow allowed him an ability similar to El's but without the natural honing and training that El has learned over the years?

I think it would be a pretty neat plot point to pit El vs Will as a battle of chaotic good vs chaotic evil.
    That’s actually a really bad ass idea lol.

outta curiosity any leaked episodes yet? Or we still have to wait until friday? <_<

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kirin View Post
    I've been thinking about a few things since the final trailer and rewatching S1 in preparation. Going to spoiler just in case.

Is Will slowly becoming another Eleven throughout S2?

After spending an extended amount of time in the upside down and clearly having increasing issues in the ~year since S1, i'm wondering if this isn't the case.

If Eleven can be born with natural telekinesis and psychic ability, has Will's long exposure to the toxic environment of the upside down as an alien somehow allowed him an ability similar to El's but without the natural honing and training that El has learned over the years?

I think it would be a pretty neat plot point to pit El vs Will as a battle of chaotic good vs chaotic evil.
    How does the ending of S1, with what happens to Will in the bathroom, lend itself to your theory? If anything, I imagine Will got infected with the Netflix equivalent of a facehugger tbh.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Salodin View Post
    How does the ending of S1, with what happens to Will in the bathroom, lend itself to your theory? If anything, I imagine Will got infected with the Netflix equivalent of a facehugger tbh.
    I'm not saying he didn't get infected by the facehugger.

Granted, this is more from the Final Trailer than the ending of S1.

1. From my perspective, there is an intended link being drawn between the relation of Will and the hydra. This plays parallel to El's relation to the Demogorgon.
    2. El mentioned in S1 that she was unable to visit the UD as she wishes. Will seems to have no trouble doing so.
    3. Will has a "blank out" in the field where the crew + Joyce are all asking him and he just seems spaced out, very smilar to El's reaction after the contact through the ham radio in the AV club office. He looked blank and drained.
    4. Will is obviously being subject to tests and experiments at the Hawkins Lab. With Hawkin's history, I would bet that these are at best clandestine ways to get more data off a subject since El isn't around and they just happen to be masked behind helping the Byers' after Hawkins' cover up.
    5. Hopper is rushing Will out of a lab (probably Hawkins) in a hospital gown thats similar to El's from S1.
    6. Will is not in the "arming up" shot at the end of the trailer and everyone else is.
    7. Mike claims that if "anything can destroy this, it's Will." Drawing another link between how El/Demogorgon and Will/Hydra seem to share a connection.

Trying to find the best way to simplify this. If El's ability is the result of the experimenting on Terry Ives, Will could easily have gained some similar talents after being exposed to the UD for so long. El's had her whole life to learn them, where Will's seem to be chaotic, intermittent, coarse, and unpredictable. Chaotic good vs Chaotic Evil to bring home the D&D references.

Just conjecture, obviously. But there are some, I feel, intentional parallels being drawn with how Will and the Hydra are shown in trailers related to what we know about El and the Demogorgon.

I'm almost as bad as Mazmaz

BG Level

Will's gonna turn into a demogorgon for sure

Tekki's Bitch

BG Level

LETS ROLL BOIS

Shootin' rocks at monsters
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

I NEED MY PADDLES had me laughing loud enough to wake up the family.

Certified Man-Child
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Uzuki Ashtear
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    The Scryers

Loving Sean Astin in this. Thought the lag on Netflix would be horrendous on premiere night but I guess the fact that it was a weeknight helped some.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Tekki's Bitch

BG Level

Sean Astin being in this was the biggest shock for me until I saw Kai Greene out of nowhere. Seriously though samwise is gr8.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Binged it all, because I have no self discipline.

Never found out
    Why Max was introduced, other than to just introduce a new character
    , but on the whole, I really enjoyed the season. The original Goonie totally belongs in this series.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Alistaire Lexander
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

I really liked it. I mean, I had a few issues, I just felt it was a little derivative in parts...

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Quote Originally Posted by Alistaire View Post
    I really liked it. I mean, I had a few issues, I just felt it was a little derivative in parts...
    lol

all in all i enjoyed it, i thought the 7th episode was way out of left field and almost completely unnecessary, but the last 2 episodes were great.

Motherfucking
    NOSTRADAMUS

Vamos los Perds!

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Wulfgang Amadeus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Had no idea season 2 was out until I saw this thread on BG; mega amped. Will definitely binge a few episodes tonight.

E. Body
    BG Level

Wow, thought there'd be more ppl talking about this....

Loved it

I'm almost as bad as Mazmaz

BG Level

Just reached the first half hour and Paul Reiser officially got old.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Ravenholdt

Quote Originally Posted by chazzyphizzle View Post
    all in all i enjoyed it, i thought the 7th episode was way out of left field and almost completely unnecessary, but the last 2 episodes were great.
    Had they swapped 6 and 7, it woulda been a bit better. But it was pretty cool, and helped set up things for S3, and pulled the 80's punk vibe. I doubt that's the last we see of them.

Pullout joke was on fuckin point tho.

Limecat
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    Blog Entries

It is really bugging me but the chick who plays Max looks so familiar but I checked her IMDB and can't find anything that I've likely seen her in.

Waited all day to watch this and was not disappointed. Was awesome.

Tekki's Bitch

BG Level

Gotta say, overall it was a let down and was just a generally poorer product compared to season 1.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag