+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 30 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    The Anti Miz
    The Anti Miz of the House of Weave

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by grantlogan View Post
    Just finished the show yesterday, thought it was great. My only question is, will there be a season 2?!
    I believe so. With the reception it is getting I find it hard to believe it wouldn't

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ael Finn
    FFXIV Server
    Goblin
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Gwynplaine View Post
    I'm semi-interested in this, but I saw that stupid quote about "believing" in the trailer. Without spoilers can someone tell me if there's a lot of "you just have to BELIEVE" bullshit in this show? That really sours me if that's the case. What is the overall experience is it just weird or is it M. Knight Shamalyon trash?
    Watch it, don't think about it anymore and just watch it. The show is great. No idiotic Shamalamadingdonginess.

It still feels to me like Guillermo Del Toro and David Lynch got together to make a movie after watching goonies.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Deejay Zombie
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Have to agree with the above, watch a couple of episodes. It's really the only way to get a good feel for the show.

Everything that is in the show seems to have a decent explanation of its existence, even if that explanation is beyond the current perceived limits of our own reality.

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

has anyone NOT binge watched it? I went to watch the first ep and ended up watching 4 before bed and finished it the next morning, it feels perfectly suited to being binged

E. Body
    BG Level

yea, feels like an 8 hr movie. How u gonna stop during the movie?

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Deejay Zombie
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

i watched all of it over this last weekend. though it wasn't all in one sitting.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Iono View Post
    yea, feels like an 8 hr movie. How u gonna stop during the movie?
    Exactly. That was another good thing about it. The next episode LITERALLY picks up where the last left off.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Spoiler: show
    So is the kid now infected or spreading the infection via puking up the tentacle(?) thing.

That egg that was in the upside down world - does it imply there's at least 1 more monster out there?

I wonder what happened when the government guys picked up the sheriff at the end.

Poor Barb never stood a chance.

I wanted to punch that freckled kid so hard (the pal of Steve)

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Laugana View Post
    So is the kid now infected or spreading the infection via puking up the tentacle(?) thing.

That egg that was in the upside down world - does it imply there's at least 1 more monster out there?

I wonder what happened when the government guys picked up the sheriff at the end.

Poor Barb never stood a chance.

I wanted to punch that freckled kid so hard (the pal of Steve)
    My guess is he is now the key to open the gateway between both worlds. I really hope Eleven didn't die and just got sucked into the Upside Down World. The egg could be another monster. That whole world could just be their nesting ground and that's why the monster was so aggressive in attacking intruders. But considering there were no humans prior to Eleven opening up the rift, their breeding methods changed and now they will use human hosts, similar to Xenomorphs in Alien.

We'll just have to wait and see what sort of deal the Sheriff made with the Government crew.

My question though, was Eleven the daughter of the scientist? Because her mother began being experimented on before she was pregnant, plus Eleven calling him Papa. I understood it as her being his actual daughter. It's a shame they didn't tell her mother that she's actually not crazy. That her daughter was alive and what was happening to her. Maybe in next season.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Didn't they actually say she simply didn't realize she was pregnant when she started the trials? As for her calling him Papa I figured it's simply because they took her away from the mother as soon as she was born/soo after and he was with her from the beginning

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Naw, she was aware that she was pregnant, but they fed her a story (brainwashed, or at least tried) that she miscarried. Also, being an MK Ultra participant she had some extracognitive abilities, which leads me to believe why she was so convinced that her child not only survived but was out there in government hands. That's why she filed suit against them, but was branded crazy due to grief of "losing" a child.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nmtd Natlhom
    FFXIV Server
    Coeurl

Quote Originally Posted by Qalbert View Post
    has anyone NOT binge watched it? I went to watch the first ep and ended up watching 4 before bed and finished it the next morning, it feels perfectly suited to being binged
    I'm not, but I despise the concept of binge watching in general, so.

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

fair enough, haha

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

So some sites have it as a "supernatural horror." Is it "horror" in the sense of The Conjuring, Lights Out, It Follows, or is more like psychological thrillers such as X-Files, Outer Limits, etc.?

I'm mainly wondering if watching this would keep me up and nights and wary of mirrors, etc.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

More like x files definitely

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

It's as much horror as Alien was tbh. You know there's a monster lurking in the background, but you're so caught up with interpersonal drama that you're more focused on that. There really aren't any jump-scares to look out for. The suspense is so well written, that even if you know something scary is coming, you almost welcome the reveal.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ael Finn
    FFXIV Server
    Goblin
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Gokulo View Post
    More like x files definitely
    definitely more xfiles, twin peaks than conjuring, etc...

wotg torrent kitty :3
    BG Level

It generally feels like it draws from all kind of inspirations: X-Files, Goonies, E.T, They Live, Pan's Labyrinth etc. Somehow they managed to put it all together flawlessly. Like, you're reminded of a movie/show every other moment but it never feels out of place or stitched together. The short duration certainly helps, no time wasted on anything. Add the awesome score and cinematography. Seriously, this show looks and sounds beautifully. As Aelfinn mentioned, Guillermo Del Toro could've shot this.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Thanks, guys. Will definitely try it out. I hate horror, but love X-Files and Outer Limits.

Ended up watching this on a whim with no expectation and really enjoyed this show. Child actors are really hit or miss, but this one had a lot more hits

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag