Ze NinjaSYXX
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nitsuki Syxx
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Chris-chan must be nutting himself right about now.

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Nitsuki View Post
    Chris-chan must be nutting himself right about now.
    Until he finds something to bitch about. Like Sonichu's arms can only be yellow.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kaslo View Post
    BURST
    Today, SEGA revealed the third gameplay style in Sonic Forces is a powerful gadget touting customizable character. For the first time in the Sonic series, players can create their own original Hero Character, and customize how the character plays and how it looks. This newly revealed playstyle in Sonic Forces is in addition to the previously revealed fast-paced action of Modern Sonic and the thrilling platforming of Classic Sonic.

In this just announced gameplay style, players will be equipping their custom Hero Character with one of a variety of powerful unique gadgets called Wispons. Wispons are an evolution of the Color Powers from Sonic Colors and double as both offensive abilities and as a way to platform through levels quickly. Along with the Wispon, the Hero Character will have a grappling hook they can utilize to quickly traverse across zones. Players can also customize the Hero Character’s looks by choosing and swapping between hundreds of accessories and outfit options to change the character’s appearance as they play through the game.

There are seven base animal types that players can select from, each with varying special abilities:

• Wolf – Automatically draws in rings when near them
    • Rabbit - Has longer invincible time after receiving damage
    • Cat - Keeps one ring after being hit
    • Dog - Restarts with five rings after the player dies
    • Bear – Blows away enemies with a homing attack
    • Bird - Flies high with double jump abilities
    • Hedgehog - Collects rings when getting damaged

No matter what Hero the player chooses to create, it will be featured throughout the entire game. In a first for the Sonic franchise, a character the player creates will be a key part of the story, appearing not only in cut scenes, but by being a crucial element in helping Sonic reclaim the world from Eggman’s domination.

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

It's all dicks and airplanes
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cia Mir
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

I had a hope that this would essentially be generations 2, but man they manage to take something that should be perfectly fine and fucking stomp it into the ground.

At least we have Mania.. I just don't know why they insist on hampering the success of Mania with what looks to be another pile of garbage. They'll never learn.. They seem to be doing so much right with Mania that I simply can't wrap my head around this, it's just so wrong.

Well, here's to Name The Hedgehog, they're more than just shitty fan art now!

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Toshi Prower
    FFXIV Server
    Ultros
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Nep View Post
    At least we have Mania.. I just don't know why they insist on hampering the success of Mania with what looks to be another pile of garbage. They'll never learn.. They seem to be doing so much right with Mania that I simply can't wrap my head around this, it's just so wrong.
    That's because Mania is basically like a fan-game with official money backing it. Sonic team might have created Sonic but they sure don't know what the hell to do with him, unfortunately.

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

lbabinz‏ @lbabinz 12 sil y a 13 secondes
    Plus
    Sonic Mania release date outed by Steam page. August 15, 2017.

Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

instant purchase for anyone at that price point

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ratatapa View Post
    lbabinz‏ @lbabinz 12 sil y a 13 secondes
    Plus
    Sonic Mania release date outed by Steam page. August 15, 2017.
    Sonic Mania is almost here! Today, SEGA unveiled a brand-new trailer featuring sketch animation to announce that the game will launch on August 15th. Fans can pre-order the game digitally now for Sony PlayStation 4, Microsoft Xbox One, and PC here.

The Sonic Mania Collector’s Edition for Nintendo Switch will also be available to pre-order exclusively through Amazon, available while stock last. The Collector’s Edition for Sonic Mania on Nintendo Switch will include a deluxe "SEGA Mega Drive" style collector's box, 12" Classic Sonic Statue featuring SEGA Mega Drive Base which plays the "SEEGAA" startup audio, and a SEGA cartridge cast with golden ring.

Developed by Christian Whitehead, Headcannon, and PagodaWest Games in collaboration with SEGA of America, Sonic Mania celebrates the best of Classic Sonic, pushing the envelope forward with stunning 60 FPS gameplay and pixel-perfect physics. Play as Sonic, Tails and Knuckles as you race through all-new Zones and fully re-imagined classics, each filled with exciting surprises and powerful bosses. Harness Sonic's new drop dash, Tails' flight, and Knuckles' climbing abilities to overcome the evil Dr. Eggman's robots. Discover a myriad of never-before-seen hidden paths and secrets. Welcome to the next level for the world's fastest blue hedgehog!

We wear wine red on Wednesdays

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Marius Krieg
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Thats strange. Gamestop has a listing for Sonic Mania collector's edition on Switch. I'll have to stop by and see. Rather get it locally.

Edit - Appears that Gamestop has it available, I moved my Mass Effect preorder money over to it for Switch.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Custom Nobody Asked for This Hero caps
    Spoiler: show

BG Level

My god it really is DeviantArt

I still can't wrap my head around the concept of how anyone thought, that in a game whose entire origin resides in "Gotta go fast"... Flamethrowers and other "tools" was a good idea. If they wanted make furry action adventure game then do that, but don't try to sell it to us as some fun new exciting Sonic game. Hell, at this point it's almost worse to use the Sonic name on your game then trying to ride that nostalgia wave. I played Generations, besides that the last Sonic game I played was.... Heroes? Man it's been forever.

We wear wine red on Wednesdays

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Marius Krieg
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Honestly I think they are releasing Sonic Mania just to offset this kinda crap... I just do not understand this business model at all.

Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I can't fathom how they can still afford to make flop after flop. I haven't given Sonic the time of day since Dreamcast.

Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Karbuncle View Post
    I can't fathom how they can still afford to make flop after flop. I haven't given Sonic the time of day since Dreamcast.
    Well you are missing out, because Colors and Generations were great. Lost World wasn't bad.

BG Level

Generations wasn't bad, but the padding crap of needing to do challenges to fight the zone boss was shit design IMO

Quote Originally Posted by Corrderio View Post
    Generations wasn't bad, but the padding crap of needing to do challenges to fight the zone boss was shit design IMO
    This sucked but the actual game was great. Though I would've liked a lot more levels because without the padding it's stupidly short.

Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Kaslo View Post
    Well you are missing out, because Colors and Generations were great. Lost World wasn't bad.
    Maybe. I don't really like the Sonic. Enjoyed the Sega ones but that's bout it. I'm sure those were good games though, I did hear nice things about those two.

Just surprised by how often I see news of a Sonic failure yet they still continue to make games and they get bought. I can't think of another franchise that gets so much hate, earned hate in some areas, and still continues to exist. <anecdotes inc>

I do hope they find a formula that works though.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast