Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Today, SEGA released brand new Infinite battle footage from Sonic Forces, showcasing the Bird Hero Character battling with the Lightning Wispon, and the Cat Hero Character attacking with the Cube Wispon. Players can take advantage of two different Hero Characters’ abilities and Wispons thanks to the “Rental Avatar” Hero Swapping feature.

The new free “Rental Avatar” feature allows access to Hero Characters built by players around the world, granting them the ability to use their Wispons and swap between their character and the “Rental Avatar” at any point in the level. Besides seeing some gorgeous and/or hilarious characters as a result, this feature will let players utilize two different Wispons in a single level to find secret paths and overcome any obstacles in their way.

Check out this link here to see the Infinite boss battle in action. The footage shows Infinite doing swift hover attacks, shooting swarms of red cubes to inflict damage, and creating tricky obstacles for players to overcome.

In addition to the new Infinite boss battle, check out new footage of the Bird Hero Character utilizing the Drill Weapon in the Chemical Plant.

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

Why would they do this..?!

They have to be doing this on purpose at this point right? No game designer, especially a major one can be THAT stupid... right? I mean how many times can you shoot yourself in the foot until you think "Maybe this is kind of a bad idea?"

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

Game isn't even out and Sega and/or Sonic Team found a way to shit on it.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

Eh I don't want to say horrible, but really doesn't seem impressive based on the short bit I watched for the first level.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Essentially, if you liked Sonic Generations, you'll like this. If you hate Sonic games or have a "native hate for anything sonic" similar to some people have with anything Nintendo, you'll dislike it. There's nothing truly wrong with it that isn't natively wrong with sonic games since its inception (wonky ass controls in spots or easy bosses for example.)

It's just Sonic will never shake that stigma. If you're expecting a groundbreaking story or you're one of the "cool kids" that immediately jump at calling anything edgy or cringey, you'll be disappointed. If you know what sonic stories are like, it's not too bad, the way they include your "OC" is actually interesting.

I can't remember a Sonic story that wasn't edgy or cringe filled. I don't need epic, I just need fun and Infinite looks like that.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Destinye View Post
    Essentially, if you liked Sonic Generations, you'll like this.
    Having actually played it now I can say this is pretty false.

The controls haven't gotten better for Sonic(s) (which is...suspect) but the level design has gotten 100% worse like what the fuck were they thinking? The avatar levels and controls are so bad it actually makes me laugh, and I really wanted to like the avatar. Sometimes your onscreen character is so small it might as well not exist.

The cutscene animation is still lol-worthy and awful, the story is the usual affair of cringe, hipster and edgy (with a shocking amount of THATS IMPOSSIBLE).

The bosses are completely uninspired and boring, Generations didn't have complicated bosses but this changes very little from that while also being worse in almost every aspect. The final boss looked impressive but was easy as hell. I did like the music overall though, but generally Sonic games don't fuck up with their music. The team up sections can be cool.

The only thing that seems fun is speen runs, but from I've seen even those are 100% less interesting than their generation counterparts.

I give this a soniccycle/10.

YOU BLACK, MIDNIGHT, EVIL MOTHERFUCKERS!!! BLACK MAGIC, DARKNESS!!! YOU RAW, DARKNESS!!! YOU, FUCKING, DELIRIOUS MOTHERFUCKER!
    You were cold as ice.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sho Ryuuken
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Game is bad.

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

Stop being one of the “cool kids.”

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

The game is roughly 3 hours long, just long enough to be out of steam's refund process. Skip it and continue playing Mania if you want to continue to have a good Sonic experience.

Weaboo of the House of Weave
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arthur Pendragon
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

I would be willing to say this is probably the third worst Sonic game ever made after Black Knight and 06. Unbelievably even Boom was better than this.

What a disgrace by Sonic Team. Generations was actually pretty good, why ride the coattails with such a terrible sequel?

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Tymon View Post
    I would be willing to say this is probably the third worst Sonic game ever made after Black Knight and 06. Unbelievably even Boom was better than this.

What a disgrace by Sonic Team. Generations was actually pretty good, why ride the coattails with such a terrible sequel?
    Which 3D sonic game was actually good? I cant remember anymore

Generations and Colours are the best overall. Everything else is terrible but either with or without charm.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Elcura View Post
    Generations and Colours are the best overall. Everything else is terrible but either with or without charm.
    ah i skipped basicly everything since sonic heroes

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Lost World wasn't terrible. At least the 3Ds version. I donno about the WiiU version. Story sucks but that's true of 100% of all sonic games including Chronicles, which Bioware wrote. If I get this game it will probably be on steam sale or something.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8