FFXI Server
    Diabolos

FFRK - The Princess and the Pirate (FF5) Event & Strategies

"You're my older sister..." - Lenna

"Wh-What are you going on about? Me, your... That's daft!" - Faris

Event Start Date: July 29
    Event Bonus Battle: August 1
    Event End Date: August 8

All Information is taken from a mixture of Reddit/Spreadsheets/Kongpakbao Site.

Most, if not all info for the event (Commentary/Ultimate Abilities was directly copy/pasted from it, so all credit to the site for that especially!) comes from this site: http://ffrk.kongbakpao.com/event-69/

Notable Rewards
    None

New Characters Acquired
    None

Old Characters Acquired
    Lenna
    Faris
    Bartz
    Galuf

Memory Crystals

Faris MC1/MC2
    Exdeath MC2
    Krile MC2
    Bartz MC1
    Galuf MC1
    Lenna MC1
    1x Soul of Hero
    1x MC1/MC2 Lode

New Record Materia

Faris MC2: 20% increase in DMG when equipping a bow.
    Krile MC2: Increase Magic, and begin the battle with Regen.
    Exdeath MC2: Chance to doublecast Darkness abilities.

Record Sphere

Lenna: Bard: RES1/MND1/RES1/HP55/MND2 WHM: MND1/HP40/RES1/MND2/WHM heals +3% DNC: MND1/RES1/MND1/HP55/RES2 GEO: MND3/HP100/RES3/MND6/Silence Imm. (minor) Devout: MND3/HP100/RES3/MND6/WHM heals +6% Illusionist: MND3/RES3/HP130/RES6/Sleep Imm. (minor)

Faris: THF: ATK1/DEF1/ATK1/HP55/ATK2 RNG: ATK1/DEF1/ATK1/HP60/ATK2 DNC: ATK1/RES1/ATK1/HP55/ATK2 Gladiator: ATK3/DEF3/HP200/ATK5/Bow PHY dam. +3% Canoneer: ATK3/DEF3/HP150/ATK6/Enable Machinist 4* BST: RES3/ATK3/HP150/ATK6/DNC 4* > 5*

Characters Needed for Battles
    None

Cid Missions
    Defeat the Bonus Battle Dungeon "Death Valley ++" with a party of only FF5 Characters.
    Defeat Ultimate Dungeon "The Guardian Tree (Ultimate)" with a party of only FF5 Characters.
    Defeat Ultimate+ Dungeon "Istory Falls (Ultimate+)" with a party of only FF5 Characters.

Relics

Banner 1
    Spoiler: show
    Artemis Bow: BSB, Faris, 5 hit (1.50 per hit) Ranged Single Target Non-Elemental PHY and Enemy ATK/MAG/DEF/RES -40% for 25 seconds and Self Haste + Burst Mode [Attack: 1 hit (2.60 per hit) Ranged Single Target Non-Elemental PHY and Enemy MAG -50% for 15 seconds Defend: 1 hit (2.60 per hit) Ranged Single Target Non-Elemental PHY and Enemy ATK-40% for 15 seconds]
    Mace of Zeus: SSB, Lenna, All Allies Curaga (h85) & RES+50% for 25 seconds
    Excalibur: SSB, Bartz, 5 hit (1.58 per hit) Single Target Non-Elemental PHY and All Allies DEF+50% for 25 seconds
    Zantetsuken: SB, Gilgamesh, 3 hit (1.73 per hit) Ranged Single Target Non-Elemental PHY and Self Protect & Shell & Haste
    Ghido's Whisker: SB, Exdeath, 3 hit (3.93 per hit) Single Target Darkness MAG and Self En-Dark for 25 seconds
    Magus Rod: SB, Krile, 1 hit (7.60) All Target Non-Elemental MAG and Stun (100%)
    Unknown: Shared SB, ???
    Green Beret

Banner 2
    Beast Killer: SSB, Krile, 8 hit (2.23 per hit) Single Target Non-Elemental MAG and All Allies Quick Magic for 3 turns
    Titan's Gloves: SSB, Galuf, 4 hit (1.95 per hit) Single Target Non-Elemental PHY and Self Unyielding Fist and Self ATK+50% for 25 seconds
    Genji Blade: SSB, Gilgamesh, 3 hit (2.00 per hit) All Target Non-Elemental PHY and All Allies High Regen for 25 seconds
    Yoichi's Bow: SB, Faris, 4 hit (1.01 per hit) Ranged All Target Non-Elemental PHY and Enemy ATK/MAG -40% for 25 seconds
    Power Staff: SB, Lenna, All Allies ATK+30% and Hastega for 25 seconds
    Moore Branch: SB, Exdeath, 4 hit (2.37 per hit) All Target Non-Elemental MAG and Self Grand Cross for 25 seconds
    ???: Shared SB, ???
    Green Beret

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Bonus Battles
    Castle Exdeath 3 +
    • Gilgamesh
      HP: ~118000
      Target Score: Defeat Gilgamesh without being KO'd, Reduce Gilgamesh ATK.
      • Weak: None
      • Absorbs: None
      • Resists: None
      • Vulnerabilities: Blind Abilities and others
    • Exdeath
      HP: ~138000
      Target Score: Defeat Exdeath without being KO'd, Exploit Exdeath's weakness to holy attacks.
      • Weak: Holy
      • Null: Earth
      • Absorbs: None
      • Vulnerabilities: Slow Abilities and Stun Abilities

Commentary
    Gilgamesh: Defeat him once and he’ll enter his Morphed form. You can then choose to Blind him if you wish, or simply just beat him down. Don’t forget to lower his attack with appropriate abilities.
    Exdeath: Supplement Breakdowns with Protectga and Shellga. Other than that go all out with holy magic.

Recommended abilities: Protectga, Shellga, defensive Breakdowns
    Recommended RW: SG/SS2, Scream, Tyro BSB

TOTAL medals = 30 medals
    , meaning you can only lose a max of 5 medals to get Mastery.

Death Valley ++
    Antlion
    HP: ~184000
    Target Score:
    • Defeat Antlion without being KO'd.
    • Reduce Antlion's ATK.
    • Exploit Antlion's weakness to water attacks.

Weak: Water
    Absorbs: None
    Null: Earth
    Vulnerabilities: Blind Abilities and Stun Abilities

Commentary

For the Cid’s Mission, put Water/Watera/Waterga Strike on Bartz and Waterja on Krile so they deal decent damage. Faris will take up the support role with Full Break / Steal Power / offensive and defensive Breakdowns. Lenna will be the healer and the last spot goes to anyone else of your choice (Exdeath / Galuf / Gilgamesh).

Recommended abilities: discussed in Strategy.

Total medals = 18, meaning you can only afford to lose 3 medals to get Mastery.

Black Fork Tower +++
    Omniscient
    HP: ~202000
    Target Score:
    • Defeat Omniscient without being KO'd.
    • Hit Omniscient with Black Magic.
    • Inflict Omniscient with Slow.

Weak: Wind
    Absorbs: None
    Resist: None
    Null: None
    Vulnerabilities: Slow Abilities, Stop Abilities, Blind Abilities, and Stun Abilities

Commentary
    • A gentle reminder that any physical attacks done to Omniscient (including Retaliate hits), will trigger Omniscient’s Return, removing all debuffs and recovering his HP back to full.

Omniscient begins the battle with Regen, highly recommend that you bring Dispel to remove it.

Omniscient’s attacks are mostly single target black magic, and since he doesn’t null, resist, nor absorb any elements, Carbuncle is a hard counter!

Recommended abilities: Dispel, Carbuncle

Guardian Tree (Ultimate)
    Melusine
    HP: ~225000
    Target Score:
    • Exploit Melusine's weakness to fire attacks when she is weak to it.
    • Reduce Melusine's MAG.
    • Reduce Melusine's RES.

Weak: Fire (Fire Weak), Ice (Ice Weak), Lightning (Lightning Weak), None (Physical Weak)
    Absorbs: Ice/Lightning (Fire Weak), Fire/Lightning (Ice Weak), Fire/Ice (Lightning Weak), Fire/Ice/Lightning (Physical Weak)
    Null: Everything Else (All Phases)
    Vulnerabilities: None

Abilities

► Fire weak

Attack: Deal physical damage to one target
    Thundaga/Blizzaga: Deal heavy lightning/ice damage to one target.
    Blizzaga: Deal heavy ice damage to all targets.

► Ice weak

Thundaga/Firaga: Deal heavy lightning/fire damage to one target.
    Thundaga: Deal heavy lightning damage to all targets.

► Lightning weak

Blizzaga/Firaga: Deal heavy ice/fire damage to one target.
    Firaga: Deal heavy fire damage to all targets.

► Physical weak

Entice: Confuse one target.
    Firaga/Blizzaga/Thundaga: Deal heavy fire/ice/lightning damage to one target.

Commentary

You can’t Sleep Melusine this time so you’re gonna have to deal with her attacks. They are mostly magic attacks so use appropriate buffs/debuffs to reduce damage taken. Gigas’ Ring is excellent here if you want to gear defensively.

Recommended abilities: Shellga, Full Break, Magic Breakdown

Istory Falls (U+)
    Leviathan
    HP: ~325000
    Target Score:
    • Defeat Leviathan before he uses Tidal Wave.
    • Use lightning attacks when Leviathan is 'gathering water'
    • Reduce Leviathan's MAG.

Weak: None
    Absorbs: Water
    Resists: Poison
    Null: Fire and Earth Abilities
    Vulnerabilities: None

Abilities

► Normal

Attack: Deal heavy physical damage to one target.
    Attack: Deal physical damage to one target.
    Tail: Deal physical damage and Sap one target.
    Aqua Breath: Deal special magic water damage to all targets.
    Waterga: Deal heavy magic water damage to one target.
    Aqua Breath (Counter): Deal heavy magic water damage to all targets. (trigger: physical attacks)

► Gathering Water

Attack: Deal heavy physical damage to one target.
    Attack: Deal physical damage to one target.
    Tail: Deal physical damage and Sap one target.
    Aqua Breath: Deal special magic water damage to all targets.
    Tidal Wave: Deal special massive magic water damage to all targets (ignore RES)
    Aqua Breath (Counter): Deal heavy magic water damage to all targets. (trigger: physical attacks)

Commentary
    • Leviathan can act twice a turn.
    • Leviathan sometimes starts to ‘gather water’, just like Cagnazzo. If left unattended, Tidal Wave will be used.
    • To successfully disrupt Tidal Wave and bring him out of the ‘gather water’ phase, you need to use three lightning attacks on Leviathan. Multihit attacks count as one attack (i.e. Angel Wing Bolt, SLG, Crushing Blow etc)

Unlike Cagnazzo U+, you have a LOT of time to do the 3 lightning attacks on Leviathan. This allows for more flexibility when drafting your party.

RNG plays some role in this fight as Leviathan can counter physical attacks with Aqua Breath. Make sure you reduce damage taken with Shellga + Full Break + Magic Breakdown. You can also use Wall but it isn’t needed IMO.

Leviathan’s physical attacks hurt pretty badly, but that problem is instantly solved with Tauntaliate, making Protectga not necessary if you choose to go for this strategy.

Recommended abilities: Draw Fire + Retaliate, Shellga, Full Break, Magic Breakdown

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Faris MC2 is a maybe from HoR since it did appear there around this time in JP. Its definitely not in the event though since the mined pics doesn't show it.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

This banner says faris MC2 is in though

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Quote Originally Posted by Corwen View Post

This banner says faris MC2 is in though
    Ok, but the image for her MC2 isn't in the image showing Krile/Exdeath MC2 so its more then likely a HoR MC2, but at least that confirms we're getting it this event then.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Faris MC2 is in the 90 difficulty event instead of in Bonus Battles, will update OP accordingly.

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Gonna wait till Thursday to do this gonna be long

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Shared SB for banner 1 (and presumably banner 2 as well):

Aegis Shield: Shared SB, All Allies RES+30% for 25 seconds

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Omniscient is a little bitch. Had to S/L once because he confused Lenna and she auto-attacked him at 10% and reset his HP... -_-;

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Carbuncle ftw

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Classikmage View Post
    Omniscient is a little bitch. Had to S/L once because he confused Lenna and she auto-attacked him at 10% and reset his HP... -_-;
    My complaint was that I couldn't make an all Mage FFV team, so I took Lenna, Krile, Exdeath, Vivi, and Terra. Terra's BSB is all magical, so it was my MVP.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

having serious trouble pushing enough magic dmg to get through this fight, I can't hone carbuncle yet so its only 1 charge. I have crazy good mele gear but nothing for magic.

Hackey Thread Lurker since 2010
    I could have bought an 11 pull and have 1000 gems left over, but all I got was this silly title.

BG Level

If you have the Dancer equivalent of Magic Breakdown and Multi Break, you can use those to help mitigate his damage without using Carbuncle. RW Hastemarch or Focus or a BSB to push through enough damage. You shouldn't need wall if you go Dancer breaks + Shellga. Though you may have an issue with the Flare at the end.

BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    BG Level

Two High Steps was enough for me to nuke Omniscient down with a mage meta. Used Lulu, ExD, Krile, Quisty, and Lenna (although you could take Faris as well, it's just Fast Cast made the fight go quick). If you take Tyro and have him bring Carby + Break Fever you pretty much don't need to do anything but cast spells. He dies pretty quick, even without dispelling Regen.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Unlike Cagnazzo U+, you have a LOT of time to do the 3 lightning attacks on Leviathan. This allows for more flexibility when drafting your party.
    My fight just opened with readying tidal wave as its first turn, i had time to get 1 thundaga strike off and he tidal waved me before that char could get a second thundaga strike queued, so the window is pretty short here (or random)

EDIT: Next 2 times i got tidal waved pretty quickly. I'd say the window is about as short as Cagnazzo U+

Mastered with CM team even with failing the target score for tidal wave. Both were quite easy for me, though I have high synergy and several SBs here

U CM team:

Butz - Full Charge r3 / Firaga Strike r3 / Sword DMG + / Trueblade of Legend
    Lenna - Curaja r5 / Shellga r3 / Doublecast / Princess' Favor
    Exdeath - Meteor r3 / Memento Mori r3 / Devotion / None
    Faris - Full Break r2 / Magic Breakdown r4 / Support DMG + / None
    Greg - Lifesiphon r5 / Magic Lure r2 / Katana DMG + / Faithful Companion

RW - Shout

Firaga strike on turn 1 for target score, burned boss down for full medals.

U+ CM team:

Butz - Full Charge r3 / Thundaga Strike r3 / Sword DMG + / Trueblade of Legend
    Lenna - Curaja r5 / Shellga r3 / Doublecast / Princess' Favor
    Exdeath - Dark Zone r3 / Memento Mori r3 / Devotion / None
    Faris - Full Break r2 / Magic Breakdown r4 / Support DMG + / None
    Greg - Retaliate r5 / Draw Fire r4 / Katana DMG + / Faithful Companion

RW - Shout

Tauntaliate to negate physical damage, thundaga strike for target score during tidal wave gathering. Zerged down, missing only the 3 medals for winning before tidal wave but still mastered.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

first time i've managed to master both CM for U/U+, got both of them 1/1. woo! these fights aren't super punishing compared to some of the recent bonus battles, but considering my V roster & synergy was non-existent a month ago, i'm pretty psyched.

faithful companion is a must when your only medica is the shared FF10 one. in hindsight, i should've given exdeath a higher-MAG stat stick as i never had an opportunity to use it with him.

damage on both can be pretty nasty sans wall even with double breakdowns, but certainly manageable. having 2 synergy bows was also extremely helpful as it allowed me to stay effective DPS-wise while keeping 4/5 in the back row, obviating the need to devote gilgamesh to tauntaliate on U+ (and in turn allowed me to get regen online much quicker).

U:

U+:

Hackey Thread Lurker since 2010
    I could have bought an 11 pull and have 1000 gems left over, but all I got was this silly title.

BG Level

Mastered Ultimate CM. I need to egg to boost my confidence for U+. I'll run the A team for the clear though.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

OK, so I 100 Gem and Aegis, and pop it on Barts for a nice resistance to Mels magic...

first Blizzaga, 6k one-shot to Lennas face.

...is this thing on?

Prime Minister of Salt

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Omega Deathbringer
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Finished U and thought "Gonna be funny if Faris's RM drops..... it drops.

During U+, Lenna and Faris died at the last 10% of Leviathan's HP-> gets expert.