After five years in development, the KickStarter-backed Starcraft Universe developed by Upheaval Arts, an MMO built using the Starcraft 2 modding tools, has finally hit open beta.
I originally talked about it here in this thread :
- Up to 6-player multiplayer raids.
- Fully voice-acted characters and dialogue.
- Procedurally-generated storylines and missions.
- Command and crew a ship with other players, Star Trek-style.
- 8 playable classes, Terran or Protoss.
- Vehicle combat.
- Fly and explore distant planets with your squad or alone.
StarCraft Universe (SCU) is a game mod and is played though the StarCraft II Arcade on Battle.net. Blizzard has given the thumbs up to the project.