1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 13 hours, 18 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 10 hours, 41 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 6 days, 6 hours, 18 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 3 hours, 41 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
    Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

PvP 2.x Vanity Decision & 3.x purchase help

Just started to PvP, it's kinda fun/cool with all the chaos in a 72 man field.

I'm purely farming for 2.x gear, starting with BLM (dat bushy tail!) at the moment.

I'm unsure which one to go for, the 100 or 110, for someone with both, do both versions end up being somewhat similar (when a dye is applied).

And a question for 3.x gear. I can't afford the mighty 205 gear at the moment, as I'm too filthy casual. If I want to power up myself is ilvl180 gear still relevant? Or should I stick to my ilvl 230 PvE gear?

edit: bonus random question - Is there a best class? So far it seems WHM and BRD (I use BRD and find WHM incredibly hard to kill) seem best. Everything else seems quite potentially annoying as it's all cat and mouse. Even I'm just running around like an idiot on BRD and attacking whatever has a #1 on their face.

CustomTitle
    Banned for Duping
    HOT LITTLE SNATCH

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jam Valesti
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

You really just need to look up the gear on a case by case basis to see how they dye. They usually dye differently and have minor differences with the actual model itself. PvE gear is fine, ideally you want to just maximize damage secondaries (crit/det for most classes) and avoid as much accuracy as possible. You do want to keep at least 1 accuracy piece on as a physical though or you'll wind up missing people on occasion, especially when you get blinded by Ruin 2. Of course there's no such thing as a best class, just find whichever you enjoy playing and have fun with it. There's a lot of running in circles with people in PvP for sure but they recently made Sprint cost 0 TP in PvP so it's not too bad to deal with as a melee now. PvP skills help a lot (RIP Weapon Throw) too.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Alistaire Lexander
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Semi-related, I hope they just make sprint cost 0 tp at some point, kinda dumb only half the jobs in the game are adversely affected by it. Maybe if they ever make a tp-based healer like dancer there'll be more of a demand for that.

As far as best class you might want to have a dps and a healer job at the ready for times you get an unbalanced party either way with too few people who can switch.

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Thanks Kiarax. I think I'm farming fasting than I thought, as I got nearly 2000 already. So i might end up buying both.

@Alistaire: Sprint does cost 0 TP but on a 30 second cooldown. I've got all at 60 so I might slowly rotate.

I guess NIN stealth has the same effect as WoW Rogue Stealth? Completely invisible and i can move around unmolested?

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Alistaire Lexander
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

I mean I wish it was like that outside pvp too. NIN stealth is undetectable normally but there's a pvp ability that will reveal you.

CustomTitle
    Banned for Duping
    HOT LITTLE SNATCH

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jam Valesti
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

Yeah, NIN, BRD and MCH all have abilities that can reveal you. Getting hit by AoEs will also unstealth you, so if people see you stealth or have a general idea of where you are they can break you out of it.

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Gotcha, I'll just experiment around now then. It's sort of fun at the moment though I guess later I'll slowly edge myself to rage as people fail/won't work together but that's part of the fun ultimately.