• Navigation
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Lost Soul Aside (PS5/PS4) ( Final Fantasy meets Devil May Cry ) (Made by a single person) - 2021

Lost Soul Aside is an action game with fantasy art style, it is a game that is currently being made by one person in his spare time. The creator has spent the last 2 years making this game using the Unreal Engine tools.

https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...sy-action-game

https://www.facebook.com/yagnbing

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Game looks cool, I would buy it.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

2 years to make something of that quality. Meanwhile at /r/cubeworld...

As great as it looks, I think he may end up having the alter the main characters face along with the particle/warp effects, to avoid SE suing or sending a cease and desist. Definitely want it, its seriously sad to look at it and know SE took 10 years to get a game of almost equal quality.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Drai Draken
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

If this is what he can do after 2 years ALONE, major companies would be stupid not to offer him jobs, that shit had me sold after about 2 minutes.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Azuremyst

Pretty telling of how the industry is that this demo made by 1 guy is more enticing than most everything put out by AAA studios the past few years.

Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

If you look on his Facebook it's obvious he's receiving offers.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

As long as he's not an asshole about it, I doubt it'll end up like Bob's Game.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nmtd Natlhom
    FFXIV Server
    Coeurl

Quote Originally Posted by arioch View Post
    As great as it looks, I think he may end up having the alter the main characters face along with the particle/warp effects, to avoid SE suing or sending a cease and desist. Definitely want it, its seriously sad to look at it and know SE took 10 years to get a game of almost equal quality.
    Face you can make a pretty strong case about it being different enough, but that AND the particle effects definitely needs some changing or you're treading dangerous water. I would just drop the particle effects, though. I think they look stupid in XV and I think they look stupid here.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Looks like he has been contacted from Sony and Epic Games.

http://www.dualshockers.com/2016/08/...nd-epic-games/

I want Sony to fund this so much, they do exclusives so well.

Edit: And what I mean is, I'm sure they will let the guy take the time he needs to make a great story and not force a release date to loom above his head.

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Guy has gotten support from Sony and is bringing on additional developers, will be a timed exclusive for the PS4 with a tentative release date in 2018

Ehh with sony helping him i'm scared it will turn out like no mans sky <_< a heap of shrouded secrets so sony can cash in on the hype.

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Pretty sure at the end of the day all the blame for No Man's Sky is squarely on Hello Games shoulders.

Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

First time I've heard about it. Looks nice, impressed by this mans ability to create something so great in 2 years time.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ael Finn
    FFXIV Server
    Goblin
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

looks like something I'd buy day one. love the style of it and coming from a single dev, thats freaking awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by Krandor View Post
    Pretty sure at the end of the day all the blame for No Man's Sky is squarely on Hello Games shoulders.

Alot falls onto Hello games but its difficult to believe Sony never asked to see the product they were endorsing. Ontop of the fact how crashy the game was on PS4, it should have never got past QA in that state, so something was looked over on Sony's side just so it could hit its deadline and they could collect that money. I still like Sony but how much was wrong with No Mans Sky is just crazy, i can't believe they didn't know about anything while putting money behind the game. I think they might just see another opportunity here. It falls on the guy making it though hopefully he doesn't let a shit product out, and knows what he is doing and doesn't promise us things he can't get into the game. What he showed us after 2 years i swear looked better than anything square showed us for FF15 at that point ( i really don't care for 15 though)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eHcCaIgYGLw : new video review Sony recently said something about Hello Games and it doesn't make 100% sense which the reviewers talk about at the end.

Even if it does suck the fact that one guy made that is incredible.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

its so pretty ;;