1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 20 hours, 49 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 3 hours, 10 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 13 hours, 49 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 3 days, 20 hours, 10 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Raiding servers     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Scrappy Doo
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

And we come full circle to sarg not being a good place to look for raiding. Every server has statics that can clear content, some servers have 5,6,7 puggable in pf

Go to gilgamesh

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Yeah go to gilgamesh. I did a search on xiv-minions.com for the faust minion.

Gilgamesh had 202
    Sargantanas had 61
    Balmung had 40

Its not even close lol.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Some people (at least on Exodus) seem to get upset when Gilgamesh is mentioned as the best server for raiding. Even though its true that Gilgamesh is the best server for raiding lol (for NA servers). Sure, Gilgamesh still has plenty of bad players that transferred there diluting the PF. But Gilga also has by far the most people clearing savage every week and an active PF. I rarely see a PF for A6S+ on Exodus and if there is one its a 7/8 looking for a sub.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sir Taint
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Well I moved to Gilgamesh....this place is booming compared to Behemoth.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arthars Menethil
    FFXIV Server
    Chocobo
    FFXI Server
    Odin

i think for the NA community is simple:
    1. Get a static in your <watever server name> and raid and hope they dont blow up
    2. Go to gilgamesh

There is no 3rd option i think

Han Cholo
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Azor A'hai
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

The static I am in has been together since Coil so it's safe to assume these guys are going to probably be sticking together until this game either dies or gets boring, at least I hope. I don't plan on going out of my way to find a group if this one splits. The content would have to be really damn amazing for me to do that, but I am very anxious to see what the grand finale to Alexander is.

HW came out last year in June, Alex got introduced in August and then finally we got the next set 6 months later in February. Here we are another 6 months later, do you guys think we will hear about that soon?

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arthars Menethil
    FFXIV Server
    Chocobo
    FFXI Server
    Odin

it will be same as HW, except 4.0 SHOULD NOT delay and will be released at around end of may

so, 3.4, which should be released on 4th oct (prediction), will last till feb with 3.5s and then zzzzz period until 4.0

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Has there been any indication of a delay with 4.0 like what happened with HW?

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arthars Menethil
    FFXIV Server
    Chocobo
    FFXI Server
    Odin

nope and they said they wont be delaying anything anymore since the 3.1 fiasco

we can all hope tho

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Harold Saxon
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Fiye View Post

New Merits
    BG Level

Has there been any indication of a delay with 4.0 like what happened with HW?
    No, but they did say in that game watch interview that they dont want another long delay between patches like 3.1 was, so 3.4 should be on 20th of september or 27th based on this

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Quote Originally Posted by Eludi View Post
    No, but they did say in that game watch interview that they dont want another long delay between patches like 3.1 was, so 3.4 should be on 20th of september or 27th based on this
    Nah, it'll be october as 3.4 preview Part 1 is at the anniversary stream, probably with next to no information of course and ("Part 2" I assume) is already slated for Tokyo Gameshow, then comes the Fan Festival for NA. So while Yoshi says that, he says a lot of things.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Hafa Nana
    FFXIV Server
    Cerberus

A content cycle (which lasts while the hardcore raid, gear, and tomestome currency remain actual) in FF XIV consists of two major patches (an even one and an odd one). If both patches are 3,5 months long, then we get a 7-month content cycle. However, the last content cycle in A Realm Reborn and the first content cycle in Heavensward were 8 months long. I can see logical reasons why they were made longer: the last content cycle in ARR was made longer to give players enough time to finish ARR content (mainly the last hardcore raid), and the first content cycle in Heavensward was made longer because it contained a lot of expansion content in addition to the usual cycle content. Since the same reasons are actual for any ending/beginning of an expansion, I think that SE is likely to make the last and the first content cycles 8 months long again.

As far as the last content cycle in ARR is concerned, if you take a look at Hardcore Raid Release And Nerf Intervals (here, I’ve made a table), you’ll notice that the last hardcore raid in ARR (The Final Coil of Bahamut) is the only one that has been nerfed months before the start of the next content cycle.
    In addition to this:
    – The Final Coil of Bahamut has also been made relatively easier than other hardcore raids in ARR;
    – the first patch in the last content cycle in ARR (2.4) has been made only 3 months long, while the second patch (2.5) – 5 months long. This has opened additional options to players for gearing up earlier;
    – newest tomestone currency (poetics) cap has been doubled and then removed at the end of the last content cycle, which has also allowed players to gear up easier.
    All these measured combined show, that SE really wanted players to be able to finish the last hardcore raid in ARR before the release of the expansion. This is understandable, because new expansion not only draws everybody’s attention to new content, but it has also allowed to do old raids in easy (unsynced) mode. These two factors have quite predictably caused drought of players in synced modes of hardcore/midcore ARR fights (finding synced parties for ARR raids have become practically impossible on NA/EU servers).

I want to remind you, that back in ARR days you could quite easily join DF parties for any of the mainstream raids (Coil 1 – 13) (on EU datacenter). You could also realistically clear any of them (except for T5 and T9) in DF, and you could still at least practice the first phases of T5 and T9 in DF. There were no Ex Primals that were unbeatable in DF (it was hard to beat some of them but there were always people in DF, so eventually you could do it if you kept trying). You could also find training, clear and farm parties for midcore content (consisting of hardcore raids with echo and ex primal with/without echo) in PF. So giving players the ability to finish the last raid in midcore mode before the release of the expansion did actually make sense.

As regards the first content cycle in Heavensward, besides the usual cycle content, which currently consists of two raids (8-man and 24-man), 4 dungeons and 2 primals (as far as main PvE content is concerned), it also included expansion content: 6 leveling/story dungeons and one additional primal. Leveling up and doing expansion content objectively requires time, and one month sounds like a reasonable amount of time for it. So you could actually think about the beginning of the first content cycle in Heavensward being one month after the release of the expansion (which is when they have released the hardcore – Savage – Alexander raid). I think that their logic behind making the first content cycle in Heavensward longer was that they didn’t need to make it any better (more content rich) than any other content cycle. They’ve just preferred to take the benefit of charging subscriptions for the additional playtime that the release of the expansion content provided them.

Another thing that makes me expect that they will do it again, is the fact that they were fully aware about the negative reception of extended content cycles and still went for it. This is what Yoshi-P has said in Game Watch Interview (released 18.06.2015): “For other titles, a delay of one month may not mean so much, but in the case of a MMORPG it could create a lasting negative impression.”.

Adding one additional month to 7-month content cycle doesn’t look so bad on paper, but from players’ point of view an additional month and a half has been added to the last patch in ARR and an additional month to the first patch in Heavensward, which has made it feel worse. On the other hand, an additional month is just another reason for players to complain, and in the end of the day this is the amount of content (and ability to do it) that matters to keep players engaged, so the content cycles length has been adjusted according to it.

And to deal with players’ grumbling, they’ve invented the official explanation, that patches were delayed because SE’s staff needed to take a vacation. I think that this explanation was used for PR reasons, because it makes people feel sympathy for the “hardworking” men and women and eventually forgive them. It would sound much worse if they confessed that it was simply cold business reasoning behind these decisions.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Harold Saxon
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok

They don't make the content cycles longer to allow players to catch up. They make them longer because they don't have the staff. Don't try and make up excuses for them.

Not only have they made the patches longer, but the patches have had a reduction in original battle content.

Yoshi-P's reaction when someone makes an excuse for them:

New Merits
    BG Level

http://luckybancho.ldblog.jp/archives/48208186.html

Well there is this fresh lodestone scrap again, with clear % rates based on minions at lodestone.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

The numbers on Chocobo look insane. 7% jeez.

Edit: If there's one thing I'll give the HW cycle overr ARR at least they're trying to develop new systems.

Granted, Diadem became irrelevant the moment i210 gear became worthless and Palace of the Dead will probably end up the same way 7 weeks into 3.4 and both haven't been exciting.

New Merits
    BG Level

The numbers on Chocobo look insane. 7% jeez.

Edit: If there's one thing I'll give the HW cycle overr ARR at least they're trying to develop new systems.

Granted, Diadem became irrelevant the moment i210 gear became worthless and Palace of the Dead will probably end up the same way 7 weeks into 3.4 and both haven't been exciting.
    Palace of the dead is great for leveling alt jobs since you get materia V while doing it

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Quote Originally Posted by Eludi View Post
    Palace of the dead is great for leveling alt jobs since you get materia V while doing it
    Yeah, if it had no exp reward or sherd conversion, it would be dead by now since unless you for some odd reason need an ilvl235 weapon and you don't raid, I guess it would stay alive, but most people had Nidhogg weapons by time PoTD came out or they already got the weapons they need out of it. I know I had 2 weapons within the first week, but the 3rd+ just was shitted on by RNGesus.

So it's definitely content that will die out if ilvl245/250 is the standard ilvl of 3.4 since the next Eikon will be out as well unless Yoshi pulls the "don't want to overwhelm people with content" bullshit again and push it to 3.45 and like with Sephirot, it probably won't exactly be that hard. So PoTD will likely be regulated to leveling and Tier V collecting if anything.

Balmung is pretty garbs. We have a handful of statics capable of getting through 8s. There's a lot of random decent people that could clear that are keeping themselves stuck in shitty statics--I could probably grab 24 different people randomly through the server and make 3 satisfactory groups. I wouldn't come here unless you're joining a group that's already cleared a8.