1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 10 hours, 24 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 13 hours, 35 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 3 hours, 24 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 6 hours, 35 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Raiding servers     submit to reddit submit to twitter

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sir Taint
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Raiding servers

I'm on Behemoth currently and the raiding population is medium at best, but skill level is pretty low. The top groups are excellent but the middle is soft. My long time group had been juggling DPS (esp Melee) since 3.0 and then blew up last week.

Where would a want to be raider go?

I've heard Gilgamesh is solid, but lots of carry-me's have been flooding their raid pop. Any other decent/good options?

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Are you sure you didn't just define Exodus? Except I wouldn't say the top groups here are excellent.

Gilgamesh is supposedly the raid server, but I've heard Excal, Sarg and Levi are decent. I do know Gilgamesh has one hell of a more active PF then just about every other NA server. You can use the Guildworks live thing to stalk how active PFs are on servers during peak hours, though that's not necessarily evidence of how good a server is for raiding. Could also check out the number of A7S/A8S clears each server has on FFlogs.

CustomTitle
    Banned for Duping
    HOT LITTLE SNATCH

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jam Valesti
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

Gordias kind of decimated every servers raid population with people all flocking to Gilgamesh. Leviathan has a decent spread of people but I can probably count on one hand the amount of groups I actually think are genuinely strong and every one of them is in the process of reforming with a few new members for the new tier. I don't think there's a higher percentage of stronger players on Gilgamesh but the sheer number of people available means it's probably your best option regardless. If you can get in with the right crowd of people on any decently populated server you'll probably be able to find something decent though. We've had a decent amount of people transfer to Leviathan lately and we've been getting a lot of them their first A8S clears but it's hard to say how well next tier is gonna work out for people since it's going to be a lot of newly formed groups.

Dragoon Princess
    My Little Ixion

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaiyoko Star
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith
    WoW Realm
    Destromath

I've been on Sargatanas since 2.0, and it's always had a healthy raiding population. The server generally has a higher population, probably not Gilgamesh and Balmung levels but still healthy. Even at 2am PST we have at least 4~5 PFs up and at prime time it's probably more like 15+

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Scrappy Doo
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiyoko View Post
    I've been on Sargatanas since 2.0, and it's always had a healthy raiding population. The server generally has a higher population, probably not Gilgamesh and Balmung levels but still healthy. Even at 2am PST we have at least 4~5 PFs up and at prime time it's probably more like 15+
    pfs for yokai watch and alexander with javid

this server is really depressing if you dont have an established static and gl getting into one thats not gonna be stuck on a6s until the next tier at this point because thats all thats looking

Han Cholo
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Azor A'hai
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Quote Originally Posted by Fondue View Post

this server is really depressing if you dont have an established static and gl getting into one thats not gonna be stuck on a6s until the next tier at this point because thats all thats looking
    LOL you got that right. I was seriously about to quit 100% until my friend reached out and asked me to tank for his static after a member jumped ship.

Kaiyoko.. that HAD to have a been a weekend because it's beyond dead during the weekdays anytime past 10PM PST. It's crazy because when HW first came out, it seemed like people would be on at all times no matter what. I guess that was because of the new expansion hype.

I also notice some people around here that play on Sargantas also played XI on Asura, you're the 2nd I have seen around here, that makes 3 of us! I never see any of you around though.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

At least you get paid for wiping with Javid.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Scrappy Doo
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Hitoshura View Post
    I also notice some people around here that play on Sargantas also played XI on Asura, you're the 2nd I have seen around here, that makes 3 of us! I never see any of you around though.
    All I do is pvp, stand at my little house, and play other games because I cannot find an Alexander group to join lol

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Quote Originally Posted by Fondue View Post

Let's be honest though, getting paid to deal with javid isn't too big of a deal, yu just have to cup his balls a bit.

I echo Sarga for raiding (and with 3.4 coming it'll probably pick up a lot.)

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

It'll probably pick up a lot the month before once Squeenix starts showcasing the hype reel and statics start putting themselves back together.

New Merits
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Fiye View Post
    It'll probably pick up a lot the month before once Squeenix starts showcasing the hype reel and statics start putting themselves back together.
    Which should be around the 3 year anniversary broadcast, and then next liveletter probably at tokyo games show.

My Little Ixion
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Olorin Bustyoas
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Quote Originally Posted by Fiye View Post
    At least you get paid for wiping with Javid.
    rofl.. I haven't run with him for like a month and he still send me pm's asking me to fill in.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I hear he's not bad. Few people in am LS I'm in bitches about the shitty healers they got.

I'd feel bad, but he melded parry so fuck him.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Scrappy Doo
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Im not sure if you guys were agreeing with me or not, I think it's absolutely pathetic the only pug party that pops up regularly has a guy that has to literally pay people to play with and to even attempt content

I am under the impression other servers have real pug parties every week for at least a5-7 and you will never see that on sarg. Only a 7/8 static seeking a week rep and glhfgitfucked if you aren't in one of the chosen statics that haven't been beaten down by a3s and a6

But all of this is just a symptom of a game that sucks ass

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Alistaire Lexander
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

I've talked to him before and he's an absolute idiot in general so I would never even consider raiding with him no matter what he paid. Especially because he pays people to.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Scrappy Doo
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I did an a5 weekly w javid a few weeks ago and made the comment tfw when the guy with full parry melds is the best person in the party

The rest of the server isn't any better lol I went with olorin last night and the other healer 1) couldn't do the monkey mechanics [which I would have been happy to do on dd if he would have just said he really didn't feel comfortable doing] 2) returned midfight

I was p flustered I wasted my time in that

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

That's the consensus I'm at. I can't stay with a static to save my life (Rotating shiftwork. In a 28 day span I spent 7 on First, 7 on Second, and 7 on third shift) so the most I'm able to accomplish is maybe the extreme trials and that's in a month (Oh you wanted a clear party? Have fun wiping before fang and claw).

Sargantanas isn't bad if you manage to find a good linkshell or FC that does shit within the group. If you trust yourself to the party finder that isn't mostly pre-made you're going to have a (usually) tough time. That's been my experience from 2.3 SCOB all the way to now.

Dragoon Princess
    My Little Ixion

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaiyoko Star
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith
    WoW Realm
    Destromath

I check PF daily, and I wasn't counting the shitty Yokai watch event when speaking for PF. The reason you're seeing less in PF at the current moment is completely due to Yokai and people spamming it.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Scrappy Doo
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

the reason I'm seeing less alexander pfs atm is because of a casual shit fate event? dude what lol the pf prospects werent any better before this event started and I check pf daily too because that is my only venue into content

Dragoon Princess
    My Little Ixion

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaiyoko Star
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith
    WoW Realm
    Destromath

If you're using PF for raids you're a casual and/or playing with the casual crowd, so it's fairly obvious that casual content like PotD and Yokai are going to ruin your prospects of getting into Alexander Savage Nidhogg through PF.