Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zane Farus
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

I have a question, do updates like this still break windower?

Also I am hoping this update lets SAM be viable, just came back to the game and leveled COR to 99 first but planning to put a lot of time into SAM. I am not going to get my hopes up though.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Maint has been extended by 30min. I WANNA TEST STUFF!!! /fliptable /smokebreak =_;

-------------------------------
    Quote Originally Posted by samalis View Post
    I have a question, do updates like this still break windower?

Also I am hoping this update lets SAM be viable, just came back to the game and leveled COR to 99 first but planning to put a lot of time into SAM. I am not going to get my hopes up though.
    It's still possible that add-ons can break but Windower gets updated w/ a quickness every month, so everything is normally back to normal w/in a day. ^^

I mean, SL is such a quick cast that you'll be in this gear for all of half a second, so I really don't see an issue with the drop in defenses. I see the higher macc having uses for Vagary and up to Reisen T2s, but we'll see.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

30 min isn't too bad for maint extension. But this maint was already 30 min longer than most so kind of a bummer. Still nothing compared to the old days of 3hr extensions and 2-3 days of emergency maints after the update cause they broke the game in some way.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlko View Post
    Just a heads up, but the SE Account page got a MAJOR overhaul... I actually thought I mistyped my one-time or something at first because it looks so different. >_>

Finally getting around to getting wardrobe3 and had a serious wtf moment... XD
    Was this part of this month's update or did it happen a while ago and I just didn't happen to see it sooner?

edit: btw... how do you get a hold of the data so fast? O.o I can't even download it yet thru the client...
    Wow yea the SE Account thing is all different. I wonder if I update billin info and then actually change payment type to that billin type if i will have to reenter all the billin info again. Before there was no point in updating it befre you processed payment cause u had to enter that info everytime.

Also if you do check file that makes you lose any datmods right? I think that is why I never did that method.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Yeager View Post
    Hidden stats were All Stats +89

These new animators will add +15 (NQ) and +20 (HQ) on top of that +89
    Ahh ok. I was thinkin the hidden stats were alot more than 15/20 So I was like how is this better. But that makes sense. I was remembering SE sayin these would be better.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

I think the last update was also 2 hours instead of 1.5. I was kinda guessing they are down to 1 person to run the update so they gave him more time or something.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpy View Post
    I think the last update was also 2 hours instead of 1.5. I was kinda guessing they are down to 1 person to run the update so they gave him more time or something.
    Intern spilled coffee on a server. >_>;; It happens.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpy View Post
    It's quickly coming up on 3 hrs now......someone screwed up something over there in Japan it seems.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Ambuscade mob names:

Bozzetto Enceladus
    Bozzetto Marshal
    Bozzetto Swiftshooter
    Bozzetto Fistfighter
    Bozzetto Fistfighter
    Bozzetto Trainer
    Quirinus
    Overpowering Acrolith
    Studious Acrolith

For some reason theres a gap between that first Enceladus and the Marshal. Dont ask me why, it might make sense after seeing the fight. Gigas mobs usually consist of BST (Trainer) MNK (Fistfighter) WAR (Marshal) RNG (Swiftshooter), with only Briareus being a SAM.

Western Adoulin also had its DAT updated, not sure what changed, but it might be related to Ygnas Resolve.

edit: the . seems to represent the separation of ambuscade boss from sub-targets, I just saw the live video thing. So Enceladus is the Gigas boss and Quirinus is the Acrolith boss.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Servers are back up! :D Only took 2x extensions to maint ><;;;;

edit: O_O New VIT:Def ratio appears to be 1:1.5 ....that's kind of a large increase, no?

A gigantic waste of space
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Maurauc Baelfyr
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Servers are back up! :D Only took 2x extensions to maint ><;;;;

edit: O_O New VIT:Def ratio appears to be 1:1.5 ....that's kind of a large increase, no?
    As in, 2 VIT = 3 DEF? That's a fairly decent reversal! (It used to be 2 VIT = 1 DEF, right?)

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Maurauc View Post
    As in, 2 VIT = 3 DEF? That's a fairly decent reversal! (It used to be 2 VIT = 1 DEF, right?)
    Yeah it is.. I'd like to see how that translate for players fighting mid-range to top-range NMs

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Quote Originally Posted by Maurauc View Post
    As in, 12VIT=18DEF, 20VIT=30DEF, so yep ^^ 2VIT:3DEF now.. if it was 2VIT:1DEF before, then the amount we get is now tripled. XD

Working on testing pet def boost right now... looks something close to 1VIT:1.375DEF w/ smaller testing numbers... will update soon.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

3 vit increase def by 5 and 5 increase def by 8 so seems like it's actually 1:1.75?

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Quote Originally Posted by Hitou View Post
    3 vit increase def by 5 and 5 increase def by 8 so seems like it's actually 1:1.75?
    Were you naked when you shifted those numbers? XD It's entirely possible that you are hitting breakpoints causing a bump up by what appears to be an extra point (due to the previous value getting floored.)

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Also tested evasion check on apex leeches before and after update. I had 1081ish acc for low evasion, >1080 for blank, and >1070 for high evasion before update. 986ish for low evasion, >985 for blank and >975ish for high evasion. Assuming the mobs were the same level, which it's possible they weren't, that's about -100 evasion for apex mobs. I forget what level range they get to though. I'm sure someone else will do more thorough testing later.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Were you naked when you shifted those numbers? XD It's entirely possible that you are hitting breakpoints causing a bump up by what appears to be an extra point (due to the previous value getting floored.)
    Tested it on a few jobs and got between 7 and 8 def with 5 vit depending on if the total was even or not. But on naked mnk with 103 vit +3 vit added 5 def and +5 added 8. strangely I have 296 def with that 103 vit on mnk with 0 gifts so I'm not sure where the other def is coming from.

A gigantic waste of space
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Maurauc Baelfyr
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Hitou View Post
    Also tested evasion check on apex leeches before and after update. I had 1081ish acc for low evasion, >1080 for blank, and >1070 for high evasion before update. 986ish for low evasion, >985 for blank and >975ish for high evasion. Assuming the mobs were the same level, which it's possible they weren't, that's about -100 evasion for apex mobs. I forget what level range they get to though. I'm sure someone else will do more thorough testing later.
    That's massive, right? A full potency Distract 3 is -90 evasion (before Saboteur/gear). Idris Precision is 100 acc. So that's the equivalent of that.
    Also, I believe Apex mobs are 125-127. If the evasion scaling is like that on 140 mobs, then either -100 evasion (or more) could make a massive difference on hit rate.

(Just clarifying, 2 evasion is the same at 1% hit rate, right? Making -100 evasion the difference between 25% and 75% hit rate, as an example.)

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Some pet VIT:DEF testing numbers:

vit: +56 = def: 979 > 1055 = +76
    vit: +49 = def: 979 > 1046 = +67
    vit: +42 = def: 979 > 1036 = +57
    vit: +35 = def: 979 > 1027 = +48
    vit: +28 = def: 979 > 1017 = +38
    vit: +21 = def: 979 > 1008 = +29
    vit: +14 = def: 979 > 998 = +19
    vit: +7 = def: 979 > 989 = +10

Don't have fast/easy access to other pet VIT gear, but it is definitely somewhere around 1.366-1.375. If they actually do normal rounding, then 1.366 matches all my numbers at least :/ Seems like a really odd value to me though, so someone with more variable values test too please. ^^