Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

So some interesting changes to ambuscade this month. You can now get 20 dye (5 from total, 10 from hallmarks, and 5 from gallantry), wailing and all alluvion +2 stones are available for 200 hallmarks each (limit 10 per),

Testing with animator P (NQ), optic fiber II, and mana channeler II added to my nukebot. oniwaka's previous thunder V magic burst was ~35k with two ice maneuvers/66k with 3 ice maneuvers on apex crabs, assuming no bubble curtain. new damage is now 39313 thunder V with two ice/ 75326 MB with three ice maneuvers up. a massive boost, all told. :D my automaton still is missing about 50 int, 100 MAB, 120 magic acc, and 6 magic damage from gear, and another 31 MAB/60 magic acc from jp gifts. i imagine with the added magic acc, i could swap from tranquilzier II to loudspeaker 2, or once i hit 1200 gift, loudspeaker IV.

pup should definetly be able to hit the damage cap with magic burst now, at least on apex mobs. i know one pup could already do so with overdrive to push them that last 1k damage. I'm curious to see if i could hit the damage cap, or at least come close, with only two ice. if i can just figure out how to trigger dual amplifiers magic reset timer, it would allow the automaton to magic burst every 20 seconds with two ice and do massive damage still. or perhaps just one ice nukes for "good" damage every 10 seconds.

magic reset seems really weird though, i've had him do thunder V > fire V mbing off iroha II's self double light sc, mbing on fragmentation and second light. I've also had him stare at it after MBing the first fragmentation sc then thunder V several seconds after double lights window is gone.

no clue what damage gauge II does though. i hear it sucks, but maybe there's a hidden thing we're missing. or maybe it's just a higher cure threshold and now he decides to cure VI bomb us at 1 hp from full. <.<

i should really shut up
    You can safely ignore me I am a troll

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

The attachment pages are all updated. They just lack any information, if you happen to test or come across anything.

If I had to guess I would say gauge II may have a higher cure floor, but identical 90% ceiling, and a higher healing recast reduction time. That is a shot in the dark though.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Spicyryan View Post
    The attachment pages are all updated. They just lack any information, if you happen to test or come across anything.
    Fine I'll finally start working on/posting it gawd.... or at least between campaigns and getting monthly ambuscades done lol

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

Thanks a lot, was looking for a way to convert the BGW to MP3 for a youtube video but can't use older program to do that anymore. What are you using to do it?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

So after getting by one of the acrolith moves (think it was furious haymaker) karuha cast barstonra so thinking it's earth element

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

So animator P does more than just give the listed stats on top of normal divinatory stats it also gives a rather large boost to /checkparam stats. Like slightly larger than the bonus given from the lvl+1 from ambuscade back and that's before the increases from + stat as well. Total changes observed on VE frame/head switching between div and nq animator P is the +15 to all stats, 46 acc, 30 att, 36 eva, 60 def. Factoring out base stats and innate bonuses that should be around 30 acc, 12 att, 25 eva, 14 def.

Wouldn't really be surprised if it gave magic stats too. But a tad harder to test cause SE wont put them on checkparam

Campaign
    BG Level

Trulusia on FFXIAH did some additional tests on those stats if you wanna read.
    Wouldn't be surprised at all if it gives Mab, Macc, Meva and MDB as well. Au contraire: pretty confident it does.

Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Draylo View Post
    Thanks a lot, was looking for a way to convert the BGW to MP3 for a youtube video but can't use older program to do that anymore. What are you using to do it?
    All I do is take the new file, rename it as Dolphin (or whichever track you prefer) and chuck it in the Pol music folder and use the POL viewer to play it as a Bgm. And then record it on audacity.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Sechs View Post
    Trulusia on FFXIAH did some additional tests on those stats if you wanna read.
    Wouldn't be surprised at all if it gives Mab, Macc, Meva and MDB as well. Au contraire: pretty confident it does.
    Like what? I mean outside of what I did and the things you listed as probably what else is there that could be quickly done?

Campaign
    BG Level

Uh, to be fair I don't think there should be anything else other than what has already been listed, sorry dasva

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Spira View Post
    All I do is take the new file, rename it as Dolphin (or whichever track you prefer) and chuck it in the Pol music folder and use the POL viewer to play it as a Bgm. And then record it on audacity.
    Thank you

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    Like what? I mean outside of what I did and the things you listed as probably what else is there that could be quickly done?
    Any testing on P II? Don't play anymore, but I'm curious what difference a glass fiber makes.

its like divinator II, just causes automaton to stay about 10 yalms away from monster, like apururu. only problem is that's too far to melee, but too close to avoid most AoEs, so its kinda useless. <.<

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Psion View Post
    its like divinator II, just causes automaton to stay about 10 yalms away from monster, like apururu. only problem is that's too far to melee, but too close to avoid most AoEs, so its kinda useless. <.<
    It's ok for mage ones so they don't try to ws assuming they ever get tp. And while you still get hit by a lot of AoEs it makes it less likely that if you did manage to pull hate for a second smaller chance you might take a melee hit and less of a chance you take different kinds of AoE dmg... which makes steam jacket actually pretty good. Also it's pretty funny with valoredge

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

So some more info on normal. Main has a move called detonating grip. Appears to be fire dmg (karuha will barfira after it if you aren't low hp). Does pretty good dmg on VD. Like 1400ish with ~40 mdt. Main target at first seems to take fairly reduced dmg though not nearly as bad as some of the other ambuscade guys have. I'd estimate approximately 5-6x dmg once you kill both adds compared to the start. At the start Studious Acrolith takes about twice as much physical dmg as Quirinus (main) and about 50% more than Overpowering Arcolith. Despite this for some reason Overpowering still dies first a lot in my runs guess maybe lower hp or my AoE is missing the studious some idk. When this happens Studious gains like 50-80 dmg shock spikes and Quirinus pdt goes way up to the point start doing about 4x dmg that was doing before. Then when the 2nd add dies dmg goes up again and usually dies a little bit after

For the AoE adjustment thing non main targets take roughly 1/3 the dmg of the main so that's pretty significant.

Some preliminary testing on Damage Gauge II:

wow. the cure recast timer reduction is noticeable, especially when both damage gauges and optic fibers, along with mana booster, are equipped. my automaton cast cure VI, then V, then V, then III, then I I, all without a single enfeeble/buff inbetween. the recast time is hard to nail down exactly, but it seemed to be about 5-6 seconds between casts. I'm curious if it simply didn't cast faster because cure V and VI recasts weren't up, haha. perhaps someone should try equipping both turbo chargers as well, and use an automaton fast cast set to see if that speeds it up further.

with both JP gifts you can equip both damage gauges, optic fibers, and vivi valve II on the automaton as well. my test was a deus ex automata panic mode in reisenjima so wasn't a real strong test (and was also why he ran dry after curing so fast, since he only had 300ish mp left and no mana tanks equipped) I did note that using power cooler and mana tank IV had him gaining so much refresh with one dark maneuver his mp was depleting veeeery slowly.

Test was also without trusts out, so i'm not sure how it handles in a party, or whether he still focuses on master and self before tank. either way, it seems automaton healers are sorta a thing again, though im not sure how strong it would hold up vs apururu without curaga.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

So finally got around to making some P+1s. Hard to say what with rounding and innate bonuses and such but it looks like it doesn't give any more hidden boosts to /checkparam stats outside of what would be gained from the extra +5 base stats

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Well, no Master Trial Thread, so Posting it here since it was included in one of the recent updates...and apparently I can't make new threads lol~

"Unafraid of the Dark" Master Trial beaten on Bahamut by: 2 Inquisition Members, 3 Inquisition/Eminence Lak Members, and One Blame Mochi/Elak Member.
    Video recorded by Mischief, being uploaded currently (Mischief17 on youtube).

We used a similar setup that "Two Man Cell" JP Ls did (I believe they are on Cerberus, and also have beaten the Odin/Alex one). Bubbles/Buffs/Kill order were different/refined to what we felt was best.

Title Granted: "Lux Ex Tenebris"

Kill Order: Yag--->Orc---->Quadav--->SL

Setup: NIN/WAR (Heishi/Kanaria and daggers), BLU/NIN (AG Almace/something and clubs), BRD/WHM (Relic/Aeonic), Idris GEO, Yagrush WHM, COR (Aeonic, but not necessary as COR was mostly Buffing/etc)

Needless to say, this battle is intense, especially for the DDs, very busy fight. Took us about 13 attempts over the last 3 days to finally come up with the win. This battle is right up there with Tumult Curator in terms of difficulty.

I think Mischief will go over the strategy we used in more detail like he did for our TC Kill with a pastebin as soon as the Video uploads, not sure though.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut