Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

August 2016 Version Update - Discussion & Findings

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Nothing I love more than quick update notes!

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Wow that's pretty surprising especially since the maintenance note said no notes till tomorrow.

Oh boy gigas ambuscade looks fun on a bun

Also had to lol at this

Quote Originally Posted by se
    Gorpa-Masorpa has undergone sensitivity training, and will now perform the following for players

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpy View Post
    Nothing I love more than quick update notes!
    Indeed, that WAS quick. New Automaton attachments, nice. VIT = more DEF, nice. Reduced monster evasion.....reserving judgment on that for now.

Unless it falls under the "New Synthesis Recipes" the new Synth'd Animator for PUP doesn't seem to be included in the update.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Players will now automatically dismount when changing areas from one where mounts are allowed to one where mounts aren’t allowed.
    Holy shit, finally.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

I havent compared anything in depth, but it doesnt seem like any of the Jhkari+1 will outdo any previous nuking pieces with a decent aug.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

The set looks great for anyone wanting to get in there and melee. Look at all that Accuracy and Attack on the set FFS! Melee RDM FTW!

But unfortunately, the set is extremely lacking in the Haste department. Only Haste +6% in the entire set. YUCK!

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Oh, there's the new synth'd Animators. Animator P......suddenly I need to wc real quick.

That SMN Satchet is a pleasant surprise. Wasn't expecting that one.

PUP Power!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Cool stuff. The +1 versions aren't that huge of an upgrade so everyone should be happy with the regular versions to start. Now to see what they require O.o

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Just a heads up, but the SE Account page got a MAJOR overhaul... I actually thought I mistyped my one-time or something at first because it looks so different. >_>

Finally getting around to getting wardrobe3 and had a serious wtf moment... XD
    Was this part of this month's update or did it happen a while ago and I just didn't happen to see it sooner?

edit: btw... how do you get a hold of the data so fast? O.o I can't even download it yet thru the client...

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Weird version check isnt up for me. dont u need to update before you can see new items?

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Weird version check isnt up for me. dont u need to update before you can see new items?
    If you delete a file, then do check files at the start of POL, you can start downloading early...except it never seems to work for me.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Wow those pet ammos

Relic Shield
    BG Level

So those animators are better than divinators? what was the hidden stats on divinator?

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

So those animators are better than divinators? what was the hidden stats on divinator?
    Hidden stats were All Stats +89

These new animators will add +15 (NQ) and +20 (HQ) on top of that +89

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Quote Originally Posted by NynJa View Post
    If you delete a file, then do check files at the start of POL, you can start downloading early...except it never seems to work for me.
    Go to your FFXI folder > ROM > 0 > delete (or move somewhere like your desktop if you are paranoid) 0.dat

Open POL > Check Files > dropdown menu, select FFXI > start your file check :3

Looks like it worked fine for me this time. Might just need to wait 45-60min before starting to make sure POL is not down and that the update files are available.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

New Normal Ambuscade is arcana. Live Vana'diel just showed the devs running thru it. XD

Didn't see the whole thing, but looks like it's versus just a solo tinman.. acrolith? :/

Campaign
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by NynJa View Post
    I havent compared anything in depth, but it doesnt seem like any of the Jhkari+1 will outdo any previous nuking pieces with a decent aug.
    Feet look okaysh to me? Think I might actually use them on GEO, need to re-check my augs on Merlinic.

Jhakri set would be awesome for meleeing GEO but Haste+6% is way too low to be able to compensate with just a haste belt. Also GEO doesn't get a better than 6% haste belt iir. Could put Haste+10 aug on Ambuscade cape, but even those 2 together wouldn't be enough.
    Can use Head + Onca Suit + Haste belt, altough I'm not sure that would beat Windbuffet+1 (when you don't need DW) or Shetal Stone (when you do).
    It might be cool for WS though, need to doublecheck the total amount of stats/acc/att you get.

Overall I dunno, meh set for mages? Refresh+3 body if you lack better options in the slot though.

Set fills niche situations, particularly for BLU. Great magic WS pieces, high macc, excellent for physical spells with an additional effect. If recasts aren't a concern, it's quite nice.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

And if losing like 5 ilvls worth of defensive stats also isn't a concern. Blu hardly has any useful physical add effects anyway, it's pretty much sudden lunge (which you wouldn't use this set on), and barbed crescent, which is super niche. Swapping out tons of evasion to cast a spell to lower the enemies accuracy by 20 is pretty wtf as well when you think about it.

Attack down/defense down/paralyze/etc. are done better by magical spells. Beyond that, we already have tons of acc+macc pieces, and physical add effects aren't going to be relevant in any capacity on the enemies you'd need this much macc for.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast