+ Reply to Thread

FFXI - Pandemonium : DestinySeekers

Hey everyone,

This is a total shot in the dark but yesterday I was googling about to see what ever happened to the LS DestinySeekers on Pandemonium and came to find that a number of people had posted here years ago. I played an Elvaan named Madhatter in the 2004 - 2009 era (Usually PLD, THF, or BST).

I'm wondering if anyone is still around - I stumbled upon Rakan(WHM) yesterday and we have decided to try and find any players we can from that the DestinySeekers / Kupo / WopaCo time period.

It could be best to name off some of the people I remember: Oneiros, Alvehyanna, Badunit, Cyanide, Garan, Mrukk, Rakan, Rogan, VincentKnightly, Tizzle, Raffi (Arafafi), Denna, Rubberduckie, DarkNemesis, Skylynx, Phoebee, Heck, Bardolf, Brezick (Didn't he steal our Kraken Club?). I am sure there are plenty of more but these are just off the top of my head.

Also: Does anyone remember that Jormungand spike flail wipe at 3%? I'll never forget it >.>

User was infracted for this post.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Brezick (Didn't he steal our Kraken Club?)
    Yes >_> Part of long-irrelevant drama that served to fracture the shell, and in turn saw a lot of people listed (and me) leave. A few did try to reform, and I think merge with another of the older shells that was also having a bad time, but it didn't last.
    A good number of us formed a deliberately less structured shell called Hugs and Cuddles that still has a few people with pearls if/when their accounts are active (I kept playing a bit longer, but mine have been inactive for a month and a half or so now). Many also continued to be part of the Legacy Dynamis shell until it disbanded due to Dynamis shells being kind of irrelevant.
    Of those that were still playing when SoA hit, a fair number did go to FFXIV:ARR and started a Hugs and Cuddles Free Company on Leviathan, though I don't think that many stuck with that game. A few did though. Generally though, SoA killed the FFXI LS and it's all but empty now.

A few others there joined Kupo or something and still pop on, but may not be obvious due to the Asura merge. Heck is Reyo if I recall.

If my memory serves me correctly I believe I also ended up going to Kupo after DS slowly started to fall apart and we created Legacy. I'm really curious who I'll be able to dig up through this. Also, I just started playing FFXIV again, and I happen to be on the Leviathan server >.> I guess it is time to find the old/new LS and rebuild.

Unofrtunately I stopped playing sometime during ToA so I wasn't around for the Hugs and Cuddles part of the transition, atleast not to my memory. Do you tihnk others still lurk these forums?

i should really shut up
    You can safely ignore me I am a troll

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I remember the name Rubberduckie because, yeah, awesome, but not really anyone else. I also have nothing to do with that shell. I just wanted to say Rubberduckie.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by _Madhatter View Post
    Unofrtunately I stopped playing sometime during ToA so I wasn't around for the Hugs and Cuddles part of the transition, atleast not to my memory. Do you tihnk others still lurk these forums?
    Tokitoki does, Domer has before (posted a similar thing as you), probably others too occasionally.