FFXI Server
    Diabolos

FFRK - To Have and Have Not (FFT) Event & Strategies

"Don't blame us. Blame yourself or God." - Delita Hyral

"God, please help us sinful children of Ivalice." - Ovelia Atkascha

Event Start Date: August 25
    Event Bonus Battle: August 28
    Event End Date: September 4

All Information is taken from a mixture of Reddit/Spreadsheets/Kongpakbao Site.

Most, if not all info for the event (Commentary/Ultimate Abilities was directly copy/pasted from it, so all credit to the site for that especially!) comes from this site: https://www.reddit.com/r/FFRecordKee...jp_megathread/

Notable Rewards
    None

New Characters Acquired
    Delita (Spellblade 5, Combat 5, Knight 5)
    Ovelia (WHM 5)
    Mustadio (Support 4, Celerity 4, Machinist 5)

Old Characters Acquired
    TBA

New Memory Crystals

Delita MC1/MC2
    Ovelia MC1/MC2
    Mustadio MC1/MC2

Old Memory Crystals
    TBA

New Record Materia

Delita MC1: ATK up, but DEF down.
    Delita MC2: Start Battle with Draw Magic status and RES up.
    Ovelia MC1: Start Battle with Magic Barrier x1
    Ovelia MC2: Attack becomes non-elemental WHM ATK.
    Mustadio MC1: Attack rarely becomes Blind Shot.
    Mustadio MC2: Attack rarely becomes a Stop afflicting attack.

New Record Sphere
    Delita
    Ramza

Characters Needed for Battles
    None

Cid Missions
    Defeat the Ultimate Dungeon with a party including Ramza.
    Defeat Ultimate+ Dungeon with a party including Ramza and Agrias.

Relics

Banner 1
    Spoiler: show
    Iga Blade: BSB, Ramza, 5 hit (1.17 per hit) All Target Non-Elemental PHY and All Allies DEF+100% for 25 seconds and Self Haste + Burst Mode [Attack: 2 hit (1.25 per hit) Single Target Holy PHY and Dispel Defend: Grants Target 80 Soul Points (roughly 10% of a SB charge)]
    Coral Sword: SSB, Delita, 4 hit (1.50 per hit) All Target Non-Elemental PHY and Enemy ATK-50% for 25 seconds
    Healing Staff: SSB, Ovelia, All Allies Curaga (h85) and Magic Blink
    Maximillian: SB, Delita, All Allies Crit+50% and Blink for 25 seconds
    Luminous Robe: SB, Ovelia, All Allies Hastega & High Regen
    Kaiser Shield: SB, Agrias, 3 hit (1.71 per hit) Single Target Non-Elemental PHY and Enemy ATK/MAG -50% for 25 seconds
    Unknown: Shared SB ???
    Unknown

Banner 2
    Spoiler: show
    Romanda Pistol: SSB, Mustadio, 8 hit (0.99 per hit [1.07 per hit if Target has Paralyze Status or Stop Status or Silence Status]) Ranged Random Target Non-Elemental PHY and Stop Status (100%) and Paralyze Status (100%) and Silence Status (100%)
    Defender: SSB, Agrias, 4 hit (1.50 per hit) Ranged All Target Non-Elemental PHY and Enemy Paralyze Status (15%) and Silence Status (15%)
    Platinum Sword: SSB, Ramza, All Allies Hastega & ATK+50% for 25 seconds
    Adamant Vest: SB, Mustadio, 3 hit (1.33 per hit [1.47 per hit if Target has Slow Status]) Ranged All Target Non-Elemental PHY and Enemy Slow Status (100%)
    Main Gauche: SB, Delita, 5 hit (1.03 per hit) Ranged Random Target Non-Elemental PHY and Enemy DEF/RES -50% for 25 seconds
    Nu Khai Armband: SB, Ramza, 6 hit (0.89 per hit) Ranged Single Target Non-Elemental PHY and Stun (100%)
    Unknown: Shared SB, ???
    Unknown

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Bonus Battles
    The Story Begins +
    • Apprentice Warriors
      HP: ~54000 (Judge Ghis), ~17247 each
      Target Score: Defeat the Boss Rush without being KO'd, Reduce an Apprentice Warrior's ATK.
      • Weak: None
      • Absorbs: None
      • Null: None
      • Vulnerabilities: Slow Abilities and Stun Abilities
    • Archer & Black Mage & Thief
      HP: ~22997 each
      Target Score: Defeat the Boss Rush without being KO'd, Reduce a Black Mage's MAG.
      • Weak: None
      • Resists: All Elements
      • Absorbs: None
      • Vulnerabilities: Slow Abilities and Stun Abilities

Commentary

In each battle, there are two sets of three enemies to kill (three Apprentice Warriors in the first fight, one each Archer + Black Mage + Thief in the second).
    These are just the fights from earlier in the event with higher stats and break resistance. You can even still AOE two waves of them down with a RW if you want to.

TOTAL medals = 30 medals
    , meaning you can only lose a max of 5 medals to get Mastery.

Confronting the Black Knight ++
    Gaffgarion & Knight & Time Mage
    HP: ~101,961 (Gaffgarion), ~42,484 (Knight), ~50,981 (Time Mage)
    Target Score:
    • Defeat Gaffgarion without being KO'd.
    • Reduce Gaffgarion's ATK.
    • Afflict the Time Mage with Silence.

Weak: None
    Resists: None
    Null: None
    Vulnerabilities: Poison Abilities, Slow Abilities, and Stun Abilities (Gaffgarion), Poison Abilities, Paralyze Abilities, Slow Abilities, Stop Abilities, and Stun Abilities (Knight), Poison Abilities, Silence Abilities, Paralyze Abilities, Slow Abilities, Stop Abilities, and Stun Abilities (Time Mage)

Commentary

Gaffgarion switches between Near and Far states randomly. He also talks a *lot** *if you bring Ramza and Agrias along.

The Time Mage is the most dangerous thing in this fight by far. You don't want a long-range Gaffgarion to be Hasted if you can avoid it. I recommend ganking the mage first, although you do need to Silence it; Silence Shell can do the job with a reasonable success rate. Even though there is a mage, all of the damage in this fight is physical. Draw Fire + Retaliate isn't terribly useful here, but it's not really needed, either. Gaffgarion's Shadowblade doesn't hurt that much through Protectga + Wall.

Total medals = 18, meaning you can only afford to lose 3 medals to get Mastery.

TBA +++
    Miluda
    HP: ~136,627 (Miluda), ~35,133 (Others)
    Target Score:
    • Defeat Miluda without being KO'd.
    • Reduce Judge Miluda's ATK.
    • Afflict a Target other then Miluda with Slow.

Absorbs: None
    Resist: None
    Vulnerabilities: Stun Abilities (Miluda), Slow Abilities, Stop Abilities, and Stun Abilities (Others)

Commentary

Miluda starts the fight with one Knight and one Black Mage active. When you kill the Knight, a Time Mage immediate spawns. When you kill the first Black Mage, a second Black Mage spawns. Only four total adds spawn. Killing Miluda ends the fight.

I recommend ignoring the adds (except to Slow one, preferably the Black Mage) and focusing on Miluda. Killing the first Black Mage does no good since it just respawns, and killing the Knight actually makes things worse by spawning the Time Mage. You need both physical and magical mitigation for this fight. The Mages are more dangerous than Miluda herself is, honestly.

Arrogance (Ultimate)
    Argath & Black Mages
    HP: ~147,235 (Argath), ~84,847 each (Black Mage)
    Target Score:
    • Reduce Argath's ATK.
    • Reduce a Black Mage's MAG.
    • Afflict a Black Mage with Slow.

Vulnerabilities: Stun Abilities (Argath), Slow Abilities, Stop Abilities, and Stun Abilities (Black Mages)

Abilities

Moveset (Argath):
    3 (3/103)% chance: Attack (deal 66% physical damage to one target)
    5 (5/103)% chance, unlocks turn 3: Attack (deal 188% physical damage to one target)
    35 (35/103)% chance, unlocks turn 4: Attack (deal 159% physical damage to all targets)
    15 (15/103)% chance, unlocks turn 3: Head Break (deal 188% physical damage to one target, ignoring Retaliate, with a 303% chance to reduce its resistance by 30% for 20 seconds)
    15 (15/103)% chance, unlocks turn 3: Speed Break (deal 188% physical damage to one target, ignoring Retaliate, with a 303% chance to remove the target's Haste status)
    15 (15/103)% chance, unlocks turn 3: Shield Break (deal 188% physical damage to one target, ignoring Retaliate, with a 303% chance to remove the target's Shell status)
    15 (15/103)% chance, unlocks turn 3: Mind Break (deal 188% physical damage to one target, ignoring Retaliate, with a 303% chance to reduce its magic by 30% for 20 seconds)
    50% chance to counter any attacks: Auto-Potion (h55 heal on self; roughly 2,000 HP)

Moveset (Black Mages):
    2 (2/102)% chance: Attack (deal 66% physical damage to one target)
    10 (10/102)% chance, unlocks turn 2: Attack (deal 188% physical damage to one target)
    40 (40/102)% chance, unlocks turn 3: Fire (deal 410% magical fire damage to one target)
    50 (50/102)% chance, unlocks turn 4: Fire (deal 246% magical fire damage to all targets)

Commentary

I strongly recommend just ignoring the Black Mages (aside from Magic Breaking and Slowing one for medals) and focusing all your fire on Argath, who certainly deserves it. The Black Mages are more dangerous than Argath is, but they have more combined HP than he does as well, and killing Argath ends the fight. Just burn him down ASAP and you'll be fine. Bring both physical and magical mitigation, but I'd bring Shellga over Protectga. Note that everything in this fight has pretty pathetic physical defense by modern Ultimate standards.

Event Quest Notes: You only need Ramza for this one -- you don't have to use any other FFT characters -- so it's really not much of an event quest. Oh no, you're forced to use one of the top three characters in the game! Anyway, just give him whatever seems relevant. Primary support skills, secondary support skills, Lifesiphon, whatever. He'll get the job done.

The Tainted King (U+)
    Cuchulainn
    HP: ~287,241
    Target Score:
    • Reduce Cuchulainn's MAG.
    • Reduce Cuchulainn's DEF.
    • Exploit Cuchulainn's weakness to holy attacks.

Weak: Holy
    Absorbs: None
    Resists: None
    Vulnerabilities: Stun Abilities

Abilities

Moveset (Default):
    3 (3/108)% chance: Attack (deal 66% physical damage to one target)
    10 (10/108)% chance, unlocks turn 3: Attack (deal 188% physical damage to one target)
    10 (10/108)% chance, unlocks turn 3: Nightmare (18% chance to Sleep all targets)
    15 (15/108)% chance, unlocks turn 3: Fowlheart (18% chance to Stop all targets)
    15 (15/108)% chance, unlocks turn 3: Ague (27% chance to Slow all targets)
    15 (15/108)% chance, unlocks turn 3: Bio (deal 246% magical bio damage to all targets with a 12% chance to Poison them)
    15 (15/108)% chance, unlocks turn 3: Biora[FFT] (27% chance to Silence all targets)
    10 (10/108)% chance, unlocks turn 3: Bioga (deal 294% magical bio damage to and all targets with a 12% chance to Poison them)
    15 (15/108)% chance, unlocks turn 3: Bioga (deal 410% magical bio damage to one target with a 12% chance to Poison them)

Moveset (Weak):
    3% chance: Attack (deal 188% physical damage to one target)
    5% chance: Nightmare (18% chance to Sleep all targets)
    0% chance: Fowlheart (18% chance to Stop all targets)
    10% chance: Ague (27% chance to Slow all targets)
    15% chance: Bio (deal 246% magical bio damage to all targets with a 12% chance to Poison them)
    5% chance: Biora[FFT] (27% chance to Silence all targets)
    32% chance: Bioga (deal 294% magical bio damage to all targets with a 12% chance to Poison them)
    30% chance: Bioga (deal 410% magical bio damage to one target with a 12% chance to Poison it)
    15% chance to counter any attack: Bio (deal 246% magical bio damage to all targets with a 12% chance to Poison them)

Commentary
    • Cuchulainn switches to Weak state at 50% HP.

Cuchulainn's damage output is entirely magical, but actually quite low compared to most magic-based Ultimate+ bosses (usually single target spells are 450% to 550% and AOE spells are 350%). To supplement that, though, he has a wide range of aggravating AOE status spells. None of them have a high hit rate -- the highest is his AOE Slow at 27% -- but on average each cast will hit one of your party. I'd strongly recommend not bringing mages to this fight (beyond a healer, that is) because, between Cuchulainn's AOE Silence and his massive resistance, magic is at a pretty heavy disadvantage. He's got respectable defense as well, though, so don't expect to slice through the Impure King as quickly as you did Argath. Definitely pack heavy magical mitigation, and it may be worthwhile to bring an Esuna or Vox on a character other than your healer just in case (or bring Mustadio and use his default SB).

Event Quest Notes: Again, you're "forced" to use two of the best three characters in the game with no other restrictions for the quest. Agrias will demolish Queklain with Saint's Cross if you have it.

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

So who is actually doing this while orb fest is on

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

might clear out the early stages for some extra refreshes, we'll see what my orb stock looks like for P4 stuff once this lands. plus you can level up ovelia/delita!

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Not me, don't even need the Tactics crew for CMs (except Ramza/Agrias but conditions may change for Global).

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kirby Prime
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

My Agrias has defender and my Ramza has every relic already. Pretty sure I'm set for FFT and won't be touching for while orbest is up.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Alkar View Post
    Not me, don't even need the Tactics crew for CMs (except Ramza/Agrias but conditions may change for Global).
    I did some quick mats cuz i'm bored and shit.

The only 2 events that will close by the time orb fest finish is FFIX and FFXII

And since P2 is weakest phase, do FFXII in P2!

AFter that we have

Dissidia Chaos Dissdia Cosmos and Abyss that can be done in 1 day (it's like 400 stamina total for all 3)
    and FFT that is like 480 stamina

So got enough time!

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Ratatapa View Post
    I did some quick mats cuz i'm bored and shit.

The only 2 events that will close by the time orb fest finish is FFIX and FFXII

And since P2 is weakest phase, do FFXII in P2!

AFter that we have

Dissidia Chaos Dissdia Cosmos and Abyss that can be done in 1 day (it's like 400 stamina total for all 3)
    and FFT that is like 480 stamina

So got enough time!
    that's the plan yeah. Still not sure about Dissidia Chaos lasting that long but we'll see, it doesn't cost much stamina anyway.

BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    BG Level

I might hoard eggs and just egg whomever depending on if I get the relic or not. Are there FFT Cid missions? That'd influence my choice. Seems like there would be since I really give zero shits about the upcoming events and synergy.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by kuronosan View Post
    I might hoard eggs and just egg whomever depending on if I get the relic or not. Are there FFT Cid missions? That'd influence my choice. Seems like there would be since I really give zero shits about the upcoming events and synergy.
    There were in JP but they didn't require a full Tactics party iirc, only Ramza and Agrias.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Quote Originally Posted by kuronosan View Post
    Copied from OP
    Cid Missions
    Defeat the Ultimate Dungeon with a party including Ramza.
    Defeat Ultimate+ Dungeon with a party including Ramza and Agrias.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Wait, this doesn't happen until Thursday night? What happened to 8 days? I was confused when I didn't see an announcement for this last night.

BG Level

Events are back to 7 days, but Nightmare and this event will last beyond Orb fest, so unless you really need those 3 new char, you can relax doing this

(P.S those 3 new chars are not needed for CM)

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Classikmage View Post
    Wait, this doesn't happen until Thursday night? What happened to 8 days? I was confused when I didn't see an announcement for this last night.
    This event had an unusual delay, probably due to Orbfest+Dissidias going on, so it's getting released 11 days after FFXII. After this we're going back to the 7 days schedule.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

To have not (a Platinum Sword).

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Just opining, but I wish they had named the first 4 Tactics events after the games chapters.

I think I'm going to spend mythril on this to get the characters and MC1's done so I can push them to at least 65 with orbfest up. After wind phase Tactics and XIV are the only realms I don't have a full party for. Doing that would fix it.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Kirin View Post
    Just opining, but I wish they had named the first 4 Tactics events after the games chapters.

I think I'm going to spend mythril on this to get the characters and MC1's done so I can push them to at least 65 with orbfest up. After wind phase Tactics and XIV are the only realms I don't have a full party for. Doing that would fix it.
    The next Tactics event is 6-7 months away, you'll have plenty of time to level these characters up.

BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    BG Level

Only pulls I want between now and then are Waifu morning breath and nothing.

I'm more gentle than I look.
    Mr. Feathers AKA Mr. Striations
    All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

This should be an easy event considering I dropped 600 mythril to get Plantinum sword, I have alllll kinds of Synergy for this (Defender+, Defender, Platinum sword, Kaiser shield, the dagger thing, nu khai x2, a bunch of chamelon robes, 3 ice rods, 4 white staves)

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Cream Soda View Post
    This should be an easy event considering I dropped 600 mythril to get Plantinum sword, I have alllll kinds of Synergy for this (Defender+, Defender, Platinum sword, Kaiser shield, the dagger thing, nu khai x2, a bunch of chamelon robes, 3 ice rods, 4 white staves)
    This will be easy because u+ is weak to holy.

This will also be easy because CM obly need ramza and Agrias for cmu+ so I can bring my full a team

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast