+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shanoa Varhara
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

This seems like it'd be the right thread to ask. Anyone know of a streaming site that a good deal of dubs? A friend of mine hates watching subs and basically skips over anything that isn't dubbed. I told him he's gonna miss out on a lot of shows since a great deal just never get dubbed and if they do, good luck past the first/second season.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Quote Originally Posted by Lokus View Post
    This seems like it'd be the right thread to ask. Anyone know of a streaming site that a good deal of dubs? A friend of mine hates watching subs and basically skips over anything that isn't dubbed. I told him he's gonna miss out on a lot of shows since a great deal just never get dubbed and if they do, good luck past the first/second season.
    kissanime.to is the site I use, it generally has both most of the time and I don't have any problems with ads interfering as I did on other sites, i'm sure others have better recommendations though.

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Subs for accuracy and for when I really want the original experience. Dubs for when the VA is superior (such as abridged) or when I'm sick of over-reliance on tropes and want some of that mess hammered out through translations (sayings like "childhood friends", "it can't be helped", ect.) Also dubs for when I'm tired of children or loudmouth "hot-blooded" men. Hearing the same VA again and again with no variance in voice can be annoying, while some Dub actors at least have range and can sound extremely distinct between one role and the next. Lookin at you, Steve Blum. Half the voices you do I had no idea it was you.

Some series can really get bogged down when you hear the same tropes again and again and again. The older I get, the more sick of it I get.

Still of the mind which language someone hears something in first tends to jade their opinion of the other. Japan just has the unfortunate advantage of them taking animation more seriously, which means we don't get much homegrown stuff for that to work more in our favor.

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Lokus View Post
    justdubs