1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 19 hours, 24 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 4 hours, 35 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 12 hours, 24 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 21 hours, 35 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

I hope you won't mind if I co-opt this thread -

Since the game is so dead that they built a palace for it, I decided to take on the dungeon solo.

Has anyone cleared the whole thing solo yet? What's your record? Any tips for mob/pom management?

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

No no co-opt away, we don't have a discussion thread for it afterall, being dead and all

A thread here details mechanics: https://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comme...hing_you_ever/ which also includes a solo section. I agree with the points he makes:

SOLOING SUMMARY

• Bring Echo Drops
    • SPRINT
    • If your goal is to get the 235 weapon as quickly as possible while soloing, just go as a summoner and thank me later. (Getting started - the first 5 minutes are the hardest. There is a fair chance you will get wrecked by a roaming Ziz. Bring a few potions to get you going. Steer clear of everything except sprites and mice, you should be able to get to 4 with a little care. After that you're set.)
    • If your goal is to gain experience on a class that doesn't have heals, you get the same experience in a party, and soloing isn't recommended for experience.
    • If you still want to solo for the challenge or personal preference, tanks are going to have trouble with the DPS checks, and DPS will have trouble staying topped off to handle the traps. Keep in mind that XP is gained to your base class, and inside the PotD there is no traditional gear, so there is very little motivation to enter with a soulstone equipped. Entering as a base class will allow you to sacrifice a few job skills to access to crossclass abilities from any class, with twice as many slots. Every class has access to cure and protect. Your character does still have stats determined by class - though they are invisible - but aetherpool arm upgrades affect healing and attack potency indiscriminately, so it should be more viable than one would first expect. All post-50 skills are tied to the job class, and some classes fare better without them than others. If you find yourself stuck, your aetherpool progress will carry to a party (but not your floor).
    • HQ potions do drop frequently, but not frequently enough to maintain a full health bar, buy them from the marketboard or save them for the bosses. Use stuns, silences, or Pomanders of Witching on the instakillers. Use Pomander of Lust to weaken a boss and then drop form to heal yourself and continue the fight.
    • Consumables - You can use any consumable item, including those from outside the PotD. HQ potions will drop from enemies inside. A good supply of HQ potions will make classes without heals viable, but they will need to beware traps. Several traps within cause long-duration status effects. If you're a caster, bring echo drops. There doesn't appear to be a potion to remove the 30 second pacify or the 20 second toad. Food will provide a benefit to stats, but not to xp gained.
    • Crossclass actions - Cross-job slots become available at the levels at which they would during normal syncing.
    • Chocobo - is a no go. They may not be summoned here.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Alistaire Lexander
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

It has been cleared solo by AST, there was another reddit thread about it, his strats were pretty specific. Boss fights where you'd use multiple rages to take out add waves etc.

Thanks for the tips.

Ixtab proved harder than Edda. Hell, the whole 31-40 block was more frustrating than 41-50.

The next time you wipe in a party of four, just remember: you don't need 'em.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Alistaire Lexander
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Quote Originally Posted by Almalexia View Post
    The next time you wipe in a party of four, just remember: you don't need 'em.
    Well...timewise they're more often a blessing than not.

edit: interesting to see a dps solo though. Might have thought the lack of healing would be too much to handle.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Waka Bo
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Alistaire View Post
    Well...timewise they're more often a blessing than not.

edit: interesting to see a dps solo though. Might have thought the lack of healing would be too much to handle.
    Possible if you play it smart, just if you want to hate yourself for the full hour duration if shit hits the fan.

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Almalexia you went through it real quick! Nice. Ixtab's adds are the challenge I guess.

I guess I can do it if I really tried (lazy), but did you get 30/30 in the end?

30/29. I had 29/29 on one run before Edda, but got a landmine + mob respawn in the same room. Never saw another upgrade from silver after that. Thanks Yoshida.

It's incentive enough to solo with another job, I suppose.

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

So I just started this. I got +6 on my arm by the end of 1-10. I would imagine that is what you need for every 10 floors? +6 to weapon, so you hit +30 on floor 50 and can trade weapon in?

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Alistaire Lexander
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

No, you'll end up needing several trips to 50. But that's fine; the weapon/armor stats are independent of the 2 save slots, so clearing those doesn't reset them.

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Like I'll need to do 41-50 multiple times or 1-50 multiple times?

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Alistaire Lexander
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

1-50