1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 19 hours, 16 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 4 hours, 43 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 6 days, 12 hours, 16 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in -3 hours, -17 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Palace of the Dead weapon question

Just started on it, I got the wiki up but it's not clear on a few things so I'm looking to clarify:

1. To get my weapon, do I need to be on the job I want the weapon on, or do I get to select one from a list?
    2. Wiki says I need +30 on both weapon and armor. What if I don't get it after I clear 50? Do I start over, or start on floor 41?
    3. Is floors 41-50 hard on a matched (duty finder thing) party? Still a lot of co-ordination needed? Or doable with minimal intelligence? (i guess party setups can fuck us over)

CustomTitle
    Banned for Duping
    HOT LITTLE SNATCH

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jam Valesti
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

When you accept the weapon you need to be on the class you want it for. When you're grinding to +30/+30 in PotD itself you can play any class/job you like, your upgrades will carry across jobs too, so if you do a run on WAR and then do another run on DRG you'll still keep all the upgrades you got on your WAR run. 41-50 should be no matter what comp you get really, if you get a crappy group you just need to take it slow because rushing is what kills people. Once you clear floor 50 you can't re-enter at a floor of your choosing, you have to just delete your save entirely and restart from floor 1, but like I said before, all your upgrades carry over.

Most of the palace can be cleared with any job setup. For the last 10 floors you will very likely need a healer, or be very careful with pulls and what not, ut even then you could get unlucky and trigger traps that gonna end up wiping you, so might as well suicide to reset if that happens.

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Ah I see thanks.

So, if I have 1 save at 41-50, but my upgrades are low, start a new save slot, get some more upgrades until +30/30, then finish up 41-50?

That way my second slot will have the upgrades too, and I can start a new save (as I cleared my primary) to keep this up until I have my desired weapons (rotating both slots)? This is what I can see to my understanding, correct if wrong!

Most of the palace can be cleared with any job setup. For the last 10 floors you will very likely need a healer, or be very careful with pulls and what not, ut even then you could get unlucky and trigger traps that gonna end up wiping you, so might as well suicide to reset if that happens.
    Yup I intend to main heal it.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Alistaire Lexander
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Quote Originally Posted by Luthia View Post
    Nah 41-50 without a healer is still fine long as people don't fuck up, and if you're going as healer you'll be in cleric stance most of the time. Ranged pull mobs so you don't pop traps while fighting. Don't pop chests while fighting and make sure it's only 1 person popping them so when they blow only 1 person takes the hit. Make sure people know to turn from Cold Feet on last boss, the rest comes naturally to all but the derpiest of df peeps.

The upgrades stay for either of your save slots. The best way to do it is spam 1-10 till you have +10's, then do 1-10 twice, then 11-20 twice, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Alistaire View Post
    Nah 41-50 without a healer is still fine long as people don't fuck up, and if you're going as healer you'll be in cleric stance most of the time. Ranged pull mobs so you don't pop traps while fighting. Don't pop chests while fighting and make sure it's only 1 person popping them so when they blow only 1 person takes the hit. Make sure people know to turn from Cold Feet on last boss, the rest comes naturally to all but the derpiest of df peeps.

The upgrades stay for either of your save slots. The best way to do it is spam 1-10 till you have +10's, then do 1-10 twice, then 11-20 twice, etc.

Yeah ppl not fuckin up on df? Lolz. Youre much better off resettin the instance than going to floor 48/49, then trigger a trap and GG the whole team.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Waka Bo
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

First run went mnk cause punching stuff. Then decided to smn so people don't take face dmg just the pet. Sch turned out best, I can tank everything and don't have to wait on others. If there is more than one healer I just break off and solo a room with a chest in it while they fuck around.

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

So I'm on floor 41-50 and sitting at 30arm/27armor. You get +1/+1 for beating the floor 50 boss.

If I DON'T get the 2 armor upgrades, should I bail at the end of floor 49, or is there an option to exit and NOT save your progress?

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Waka Bo
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

If you ditch before the end it doesn't save.

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

But do I have to leave with penalty (and potentially screw over the other 3 players, or the unlucky person who joins in progress), or is there an option to exit at the end and not save?

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Karina Silverstar
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

You can just force disconnect after the last boss dies, then wait for it to kick you out of the dungeon (like 15-20 min).

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Good to know, so kill last boss, force DC, wait 20 odd mins or more, come back to no save. I was worried about that and was going to ask.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Karina Silverstar
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Yep, it saves when you exit the dungeon, so if you just disconnect and get kicked out it doesn't count. I did it when I went in to 40-50 at +30/+28 and ended at +30/+29. >_>

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Alistaire Lexander
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Quote Originally Posted by The Stig View Post
    Good to know, so kill last boss, force DC, wait 20 odd mins or more, come back to no save. I was worried about that and was going to ask.
    10 minutes. Either force dc or just log out, log onto an alt or whatever.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mirai Amariyo
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Karinastar View Post
    Yep, it saves when you exit the dungeon, so if you just disconnect and get kicked out it doesn't count. I did it when I went in to 40-50 at +30/+28 and ended at +30/+29. >_>
    Damn, wish I'd known that today. Similar unfortunate circumstances (read: bullshit) happened to me today, entered 41 @ 28/29 and left after Edda @ 29/30

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Bump!

I've got 2 save slots at 41-50 now, but my gear is 22/20. I'm not confident in getting it to 30/30 at all based on the rng.

Shall I kill 1 slot and start over? Does it work like this? That way if it pushes me close to 30/30 on the new slot, I can use my other 41-50 slot to complete the palace and get my weapon.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I would kill both and start over. You have a small chance to get progress from 1-30. 31-40 should still give progress but the bulk of it you'll see is at 41-50.

Now if you get a 41-50 floor and you don't get an upgrade from a silver chest you can always talk to your group about wiping and trying again. I've had a few groups that actually agreed to it.

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Hm ok, actually I don't have a group, and only use the duty finder function. So I'll do the disconnect trick as above (at the last boss, after killing).

So just to final verify, if I kill both slots now, my progress will stay at 22/20? I know it's explained above but I figured that it only applied to the slot (as in, for as long if one of the slots is not deleted)

I guess the progress of the weapon/armor will reset only if I ask to get a weapon? (after I get 30/30?). I was under the impression killing both slots will also reset the weapon progress.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Weapon progress is carried independent of the save slots. However if you don't have enough progress in weapon you can't continue to make progress.

Once you turn in your weapon you are reset back to 0/0

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Phew ok! Understood. Thanks for that. I hope when they add floors 51-200 it'll let us upgrade our glow sticks and make it some progress-able thing. Rather than content that only applies for a patch and needs band aiding later (Diadem).