Closed Thread
Page 5 of 54 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast
    BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

Poor war beagle.. you shall not be forgotten.

Cake Mix
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

I'm glad it wasn't a blowout! Defense looked better.

BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

How was this a thing???

Been Here Longer Than you
    BG Level

Alabama's entire team should be arrested for what they just did to to PAC10/USC. That was embarrassing for Helton lol.

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

They can share a cell with Boutte from LSU. Maybe gang rape him while they're at it.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Coren Cypher
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Just got home from the Clemson game (plus a few hour nap) ... that game should not have been that much of a fucking heart attack. Swinney says he didn't want to go for the FG at the end because "funny things happen at auburn" (referencing blocked FG's run back for TD) and was confident in his defense. Ughhhh. The good news is that of the 3 teams with a pulse, that's one down. We knew their D was going to be good (probably one of the best DLines we'll face all year). I'm just glad they decided to go with the "all hands on deck" option for QB as it crippled their offense.

Also, can somebody explain the Auburn mascot situation? Weren't they the plainsmen? Then the war eagle. Then #wardamn. Plus tigers? And why the fuck do they have a striped chipmunk suit?

I will say that the fanbase down there was a classy as I could have hoped. Having been spit on and had coke thrown on me at Georgia, being invited to a tailgate by a random family, served food and beer, and then happily wished good luck was a refreshing change. The "worst" fan experience was this ultra-drunk Auburn guy coming up to me, forcefully shaking my hand, and telling me how respectful he was going to be to all the Clemson fans (until his more-sober friends ran over to pull him away).

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

A quick Google search would educate you about the difference between mascots nicknames and battle cries. I'll probably never defend the barn after this but they are more of a powerhouse school than Clemson, plus their tiger is usually in the top 3 of mascots yearly

I would prefer not to.
    Moms Spaghetti
    Philly Special

BG Level

the best opposing fan experience I ever had was when Rutgers first played Wisconsin at home, we were walking to rutgers stadium and we ran into some people from wisconsin who stopped us and offered us a beer. after I said thank you, they looked at me and said "youre gonna need it"

The Optimistic Asshole

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tyche Six
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

In a game no one watched, UK led Southern Miss 35-10 in the second quarter. They lost 44-35. Kentucky has given up 65 points in the second half of their last two games and scored zero, blowing 20+ point lead in both contests.

To make this game even more palatable, the OC for Southern Miss was fired by UK and Mark Stoops. He hung 44 points and an ungodly amount of yards on them.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Coren Cypher
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Quote Originally Posted by FNH View Post
    A quick Google search would educate you about the difference between mascots nicknames and battle cries. I'll probably never defend the barn after this but they are more of a powerhouse school than Clemson, plus their tiger is usually in the top 3 of mascots yearly
    The initial series ended 45 yrs ago in 1971 (prior to which they owned us). However since we renewed the rivalry in 1998, we have won 3 to their 3. The year they won the title game, we took them to overtime. Since then we've had 5 10-win seasons to their 1. They got beat by FSU in the title game in 2013, we got beat by Bama in the title game last year. Their program has historically been better, but it's not like they are a powerhouse any more than we are at this point.

Cake Mix

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Quote Originally Posted by Coren View Post
    The initial series ended 45 yrs ago in 1971 (prior to which they owned us). However since we renewed the rivalry in 1998, we have won 3 to their 3. The year they won the title game, we took them to overtime. Since then we've had 5 10-win seasons to their 1. They got beat by FSU in the title game in 2013, we got beat by Bama in the title game last year. Their program has historically been better, but it's not like they are a powerhouse any more than we are at this point.
    I don't look at anything but the currents, and ya, last few years, Clemson's been better.

I was real surprised Auburn's D had a pulse and at least contained Watson. That was great. I just hope it carries over to the rest of the SEC. If they play like that every game, I don't think there's a team in the SEC who has a QB that could dominate. Sadly, I don't think that'll hold up all the way as I know depth for AU is a real issue. Auburn's offense is still awful. Left so many points on the field.

I'm glad you had a good experience! Auburn's full of good people, though you do get that occasional asshole drunk like you mentioned, Haha.

But yeah, we have the Tiger, and say War Eagle, but as FNH said, it's just the difference in mascots and battle cries. Look at Bama for example.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Coren Cypher
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Quote Originally Posted by Akiyama View Post
    I don't look at anything but the currents, and ya, last few years, Clemson's been better.

I was real surprised Auburn's D had a pulse and at least contained Watson. That was great. I just hope it carries over to the rest of the SEC. If they play like that every game, I don't think there's a team in the SEC who has a QB that could dominate. Sadly, I don't think that'll hold up all the way as I know depth for AU is a real issue. Auburn's offense is still awful. Left so many points on the field.

I'm glad you had a good experience! Auburn's full of good people, though you do get that occasional asshole drunk like you mentioned, Haha.

But yeah, we have the Tiger, and say War Eagle, but as FNH said, it's just the difference in mascots and battle cries. Look at Bama for example.
    Every fanbase has their drunken revelers. It's 100% to be expected.

The way the SEC fared yesterday (sans bama) you guys should be in most games on D alone. And if you get an offense going, look out. Good luck!

Cake Mix

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Quote Originally Posted by Coren View Post
    Every fanbase has their drunken revelers. It's 100% to be expected.

The way the SEC fared yesterday (sans bama) you guys should be in most games on D alone. And if you get an offense going, look out. Good luck!
    You too!

Damn Alabama though The ability to reload is real.

I'll change yer fuckin rate you derivative piece of shit
    BG Level

Man. Wisconsin goes @MSU, @Michigan, vs. OSU, vs. Iowa in 4 straight games.

That's going to suck.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Rumors circulating about Sarkisian heading to Bama as an assistant coach,

Quote Originally Posted by Tyche View Post
    In a game no one watched, UK led Southern Miss 35-10 in the second quarter. They lost 44-35. Kentucky has given up 65 points in the second half of their last two games and scored zero, blowing 20+ point lead in both contests.

To make this game even more palatable, the OC for Southern Miss was fired by UK and Mark Stoops. He hung 44 points and an ungodly amount of yards on them.
    Must of been one hell of a half-time speech by that dude.

BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

Let's go Texas! \m/

Also, new Bevo!

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by FNH View Post
    Rumors circulating about Sarkisian heading to Bama as an assistant coach,
    But why? Is Alabama becoming the refuge for disgraced USC coaches?

GATTACA!

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Serra View Post
    Let's go Texas! \m/

Also, new Bevo!
    I will be rooting heartily for UT and TAMU in hopes those coaching jobs stay occupied

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

lol at dude from Texas just knocking the camera man over while celebrating

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 54 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast