1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 7 hours, 46 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 16 hours, 13 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 0 hours, 46 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 9 hours, 13 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Alistaire Lexander
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiyoko View Post
    Apparently there are i250 crafted weapons. Looks like everyone should just clear Savage once, don't farm the gear, and wait till crafted comes out the patch after xD
    Not only that, but quote from yoshi:

i think it's easier in comparison to the crafted items from patch 3.2 so i'm aiming for people to keep massproducing them.
    So there goes any idea these may be harder to get than midan weapons due to materials or skill in hq'ing.

New Merits
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Alistaire View Post
    Not only that, but quote from yoshi:

So there goes any idea these may be harder to get than midan weapons due to materials or skill in hq'ing.
    Midas weapon still holds value to HC players as it allows them to skip the wait for weapons and start progressing instantly with best possible gear.

Crafting the sets for full group takes 1-2 hours.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Alistaire Lexander
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Quote Originally Posted by Eludi View Post
    Crafting the sets for full group takes 1-2 hours.
    And that's significant?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

The weapons are not even safe. These raid tiers are like going through expansions. Shit is getting replaced on day 1 of a patch.

Melee

i245 - 81 Weapon Damage
    i240 - 80
    i235 - 79
    i230 - 79
    i220 - 77

Magic

i245 - 111
    i240 - 110
    i235 - 109
    i230 - 108
    i220 - 106

New Merits
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Alistaire View Post
    And that's significant?
    It can be for the first fight (a9).

Don't forget there will likely be new gathering materials for the new equipments as well. I think 1-2 hours is really underestimating the time needed to craft a whole set of equip for 8 people after a patch.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sir Taint
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

World first groups will probably be well into A10 while their craft FC mates are making their gear. They won't lose anytime and once the new gear is needed it will be sitting and waiting for them.

Dragoon Princess
    My Little Ixion

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaiyoko Star
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith
    WoW Realm
    Destromath

It's significant because it will give a primary stats boost and a weapon damage increase over Midan. Any DPS increase reduces the time in a fight and the amount of time available for someone in your team to make a mistake.

Edit: For my group we tend to have our crafters up when the patch goes up and the rest wakes up around 3~4 hours later so it was worth it for us to craft/gather last time since it did give us an increase even tho we didn't fully craft the whole sets for everyone till 2~3 days after.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Alistaire Lexander
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Yeah I'm not really thinking in terms of world firsts since I've never raided more than 6 hours a week. In terms of groups just looking to get their first wins in the earliest week possible the crafting time is miniscule.

New Merits
    BG Level

game watch interview, something about alexander here as well I think http://game.watch.impress.co.jp/docs...w/1016850.html

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Harold Saxon
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Fiye View Post
    It takes more if you go beyond the design of the fight. In the famitsu article he states that one person designs the fight with a pre and post ultimate. He decides the number of phases, what kind of attacks there will be, and in essence how long it'll be and the phases.

After that they start shipping off requests to the team responsible for modeling, rigging, animations, particle effects, stage design, and music. Not to mention all the sound effects and whatnot that goes along with it.

Then they put it all together, test it with invincibility mode with foot notes on how to do the mechanics. Do some tuning in the meantime until they enable a mode where HP fully fills back up after they hit 0 HP.

Remember at fanfest they described 4 people (And an occasional 5th) who were in charge of designing the fights. Including how Mr. D (The guy behind SCOB and Titan Hard/Extreme) was going to be the guy behind Alexander.
    He specifically said that the hold up was designing the fight format - he did this when he was talking about level 60 versions of Titan/Ifrit/Garuda. This does not include the testing - which to them takes 7 days (according to his latest post).

Now, don't get me wrong, he can't hire say 14 guys and do 7 more fights a month or something - but he can certainly hire some out of thesub money to expand the teams which are clearly bottlenecking content creation. Otherwise, as he has seen, he will lose the sub money.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4