1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 7 hours, 21 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 16 hours, 38 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 3 days, 0 hours, 21 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 3 days, 9 hours, 38 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Han Cholo
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Azor A'hai
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Patch 3.38 - Relic Nerf, 240 Lore Weapons, Uncapped Midan Gears

Not sure if anyone is aware but starting tomorrow you can get the gobdips for the Lore Weapons to upgrade them to 240 by trading a farthing and penny. Also they are removing the limits and cap on midan gears and armor you obtain from Alexander Midas.

Guessing that big new patch is around the corner, holy shit did time fly.

[3.0] Players can now exchange a Mhachi Farthing and a Mhachi Penny for an Illuminati Deep Gobdip by speaking with Bertana in Idyllshire (X:5.9 Y:5.2).
    [3.0] The weekly limitation on Midan Gears received upon completing Alexander - The Burden of the Son has been abolished.
    [3.0] The number of Midan Gears required to exchange for High-capacity Tomestones has been reduced from seven to four.
    [3.0] Certain anima weapon quests have been adjusted as follows:

Unidentifiable Bone and Unidentifiable Shell can now also be purchased in exchange for Allagan tomestones of esoterics or Allagan tomestones of law.
    Unidentifiable Ore and Unidentifiable Seeds can now also be purchased in exchange for Allagan tomestones of poetics.
    The number of tomestones required to purchase the following items has been adjusted:

Item Before   After
    Unidentifiable Bone 680 Allagan tomestones of poetics → 300 Allagan tomestones of poetics
    Unidentifiable Shell 680 Allagan tomestones of poetics → 300 Allagan tomestones of poetics
    Unidentifiable Ore 680 Allagan tomestones of law → 300 Allagan tomestones of law
    680 Allagan tomestones of esoterics → 300 Allagan tomestones of esoterics
    Unidentifiable Seeds 680 Allagan tomestones of law → 300 Allagan tomestones of law
    680 Allagan tomestones of esoterics → 300 Allagan tomestones of esoterics

The number of Allied Seals required to purchase Unidentifiable Bone and Unidentifiable Seeds has been reduced from 1,000 to 300.
    The number of items required to exchange for the following items has been adjusted:

Item Item Required Before   After
    Unidentifiable Bone Precision Gordian Bolt 10 → 3
    Unidentifiable Shell Precision Gordian Lens 10 → 3
    Unidentifiable Ore Precision Gordian Spring 10 → 3
    Unidentifiable Seeds Precision Gordian Shaft 10 → 3

http://eu.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodest...3678a645666524

Just saw the notes. Let the tears flow!

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Yesss, I have 26 gears that I never traded in. Now I can get 6 weapons instead of 3

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Alistaire Lexander
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Quote Originally Posted by The Stig View Post
    Yesss, I have 26 gears that I never traded in. Now I can get 6 weapons instead of 3
    You could also put a pf together, get 2 more gears and get 7! Or do 6 fights and get 8! ......of course with the 1k lore each being the main limitation now.

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

FUCK ME I FORGOT!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Luthia View Post
    Just saw the notes. Let the tears flow!
    brb cutting myself

edit: I'll pick up 2 weapons for my most played jobs and then pick up the rest later that looks good for glamour

bonus question: if I dye the augmented MNK lore weapon, does the colour of the flames change?

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Waka Bo
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

mfw I was able to buy 21 of each unidentified item, almost bought 5 of each earlier last week but decided to hold to see if the rate dropped lmao

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

You can complete an i210 in 10 days now. Insane

CustomTitle
    Banned for Duping
    HOT LITTLE SNATCH

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jam Valesti
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

By 10 you mean 1 or 2, right? Really good change to that step all around, I'm actually a teeny bit tempted to knock out a PLD relic purely for glamour now.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Waka Bo
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

101/320 for remaining relics, it's a welcomed change x:

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

welp, was feeling really silly about pre-buying all of the HQ crafted items for that relic stage, listed everything for shits immediately this morning. Apparently someone didn't read the notes, all sold within a minute 'o'

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Harold Saxon
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok

I think I've got enough tokens do multiple relics. Not sure I have the drive to get aether oils or ESO grind for the later steps

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

If you can knock out Crystal Tower weekly the Aetheroil step will take of itself by the time you're remotely done with the eso grind.

Plus now with the changes you don't need to spend esoterics on anything but the last step which is a godsend. Now you can work on every step simultaneously.

Plus you can get an i240 lore weapon now so there's no actual point in trying to grind for the i230 step (Even if you didn't have a Palace of the Dead or Nidhogg weapon) unless you have somewhere in the order of 75 Umbrite and Crystal Sand.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Harold Saxon
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Fiye View Post
    If you can knock out Crystal Tower weekly the Aetheroil step will take of itself by the time you're remotely done with the eso grind.

Plus now with the changes you don't need to spend esoterics on anything but the last step which is a godsend. Now you can work on every step simultaneously.

Plus you can get an i240 lore weapon now so there's no actual point in trying to grind for the i230 step (Even if you didn't have a Palace of the Dead or Nidhogg weapon) unless you have somewhere in the order of 75 Umbrite and Crystal Sand.
    I'm not getting them to have weapons for other classes, it's more because going Monk is a better choice given SE's balancing philosophy. That is assuming I stick around

I see a lot of people excited about this patch, but I just see it as they're doing it to get more people to continue the anima so they don't get bored...

If those people quit at the i210 step, they'll surely quit again when they get to the current step.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Modoru D'kkoru
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren

It's a nice stop-gap measure, I'm sure

Lostbane
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mexi Lostbane
    FFXIV Server
    Siren
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

I've stalled on the current step honestly. I'm just under halfway. Crystal sands aren't the issue and I think that giving players some illusion of choice in how to generate them was good. However, I'm done with grinding esos. I just can't face it. So I pick up umbrites when I get em but I'm barely logging in because I don't care for this grind or the Yokai grind. Not because they are hard - they're not. They're just freaking boring.

Make use of new content for this shit SE. Not our fault you screwed up with keeping older content fresh.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sir Taint
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Yeah not an exciting nerf....not sure what the hypes about. i210s are worthless and the i240 step is huge kick in the dick.

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

Achievement hunters rejoice.

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Sorry asking this again in case anyone missed it in my post:

if I dye the augmented MNK lore weapon, does the colour of the flames change?

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Modoru D'kkoru
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Quote Originally Posted by The Stig View Post
    Sorry asking this again in case anyone missed it in my post:
    I'm assuming that, if it follows traditional relic glows, dyeing the weapon won't alter the glow colour.